Husaberg 2011 2T!!!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Jul 7, 2010.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Have Bergs always been linkless on the rear?
  2. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

I believe so.. Didn't they basically start out as KTM frames with a Husky family motor.??. And all this talk of cheap 2 strokes... can that really be talked about with Husaberg???? I can't see them ever making anything on the less expensive side.

I DO love Husas.. especially the new ones.. If you remember I brought my buddy Curtis along on the San Felipe / bay de LA ride a couple years ago.. His 08 550, his first bike EVER btw.. lol...

Attached Files:

3. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

And he quite well also. That was a great time and I need to do it again sometime before I'm too old.
  4. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

So this motor.....
    [IMG]

Is the same as this motor (with different displacement)?..
    [IMG]

Yes they are made in the same factory and will share lots of parts. But I was under the impression that the R&D was still done at the old Husaberg facility in Sweden.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No the "new" berg motor shares a lot of parts with this motor.

the single cam motor as in the KTM 450 / 530 Ds models

[IMG]

I believe the entire cylinder and head are identical (and cast with KTM on it). Most the internal parts are as well. The main difference is the case configuration so the motor can sit in the frame as it does.

Not the twin cam SX motor you showed...

[IMG]
  6. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

Ok that makes sense.

But I was under the impression that the R&D was still done at the old Husaberg facility in Sweden...is that not the case?
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Story goes that KTM bought Berg to find out how to build a light powerful motor to replace the LC4 one. The new generation of single overhead cam KTM motors were born. Funny thing is this was also tech that cam from husky via the engineers that left to form Husaberg. So yes, i believe a lot of the tech came from Berg to KTM. I have no insider info so just going off info i have been told / things i have read.
  8. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

I understood that the design and development of Husa bikes was still being done by a seperate devision within KTM. Made up of the folks that worked at Husa prior to the 1995 KTM purchase. Yes the actual manufacturing of the end product is at the KTM factory in Austria.

Point being that if I am correct (maybe the first time :lol:) then the future designs of a 2st Husa may be a leap forward (or at least sideways :) ) from what traditional KTM is doing.
  9. Valhalla Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 300
    Hu$aberg 2011 2T..........

The 300 XC/XC-W is KTM's No#1 selling model......which may be the main reason for the blue offering.....$$$. The new 300 Husa is also a nice looking machine.

Valhalla
  10. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

It would be funny if they came out with a DI 2t before KTM!
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I don't think it would be a stretch to see Berg test the waters of the new DI 2st before KTM. I think that is there gig / goal, to use Berg as the exotic thinking test ground for what will stick with the public. The 09's were a bold move that worked. The DI 2strokes from Berg will be next i bet. These are all just wild ass guesses. Some amazing bikes out there for us to choose from.

BTW the rumor is the new TE310 is going to ROCK. I hear it is quite fast and a very cool bike.
  12. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Watching the future unfold will indeed be interesting....
  14. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I want one. Right now.

If Bobby will ever make nice with Scot maybe we could have a demo near Atlanta? :excuseme:.....:lol:
  15. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

The berg 2t is a good option if you don't want your bike to look like the other 50 guys on the starting line.
  16. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    gonna be an expensive leftover...
  17. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

exactly what I was saying earlier.. I wonder EXACTLY how much that blue plastic is gonna be. Whatever it is, it's probally worth it not to be so darm, "pumpkin".. :lol:
  18. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Lucky for me I have that incurable form of Husky 4T syndrome. :snore:
  19. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    as cool as this new husa is I am soo glad I got my wr300. I was initially thinking of holding out for the 370 inverted two stroke fi/push button start from husa. Guess I made the right decision. Plus I just love how easy it is to access everything on my wr. I look at how crammed in everything in on this bike and shake my head.
  20. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I will not be suckered by the better looking blue ktm and if I ever come across one laying in my path I will gladly ride over it understanding it is really and orange bike is disguise!!! Sorry for the guy if the blue plastic costs more then the orange!!