1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

Husaberg TE250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Norman Foley, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    How about the new KTM 250? With 221 weight and 50 HP. WOW
  2. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

You wan't blue, get a TM!!

Maybe I should say that as, I want a blue TM!! The pink ones were really cool also.
  3. motomaniac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 RMZ450 2005YZ250 2001 EXC300
    It's just a 2010 orange bike turned blue and yellow.
  4. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

There are quite a few upgrades over the old KTM with the 2011 Berg

1 - twin chamber forks
    2 - skid plate inc
    3 - map switch inc
    4 - different cyl, head and ignition compared to XCW
    5 - alloy clamps vs cast clamps on XCWs
    6 - 2L bigger gas tank compared to KTM

Several top racers I know have hinted that the "old framed" Berg is actually a better handling bike than the "new" KTM frame. So far the race results seem to be favouring the Bergs as well.
  5. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I vote the Berg TE250...ride the TE250 back to back with the KTM250EXC and you would swear they are totally different animals except for the fact that they are near identical twins.

I'm amazed KTM allowed Husaberg to use their 2t's to release their own range as the Berg's are, well, a better sorted bike!!
  6. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm not sure. Moisture in the system I suspect. I would love to hear what Husky and others find.
  7. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

When I heard the bike on the video, I immediately thought it was a power valve issue or compression.
  8. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mmmm....TMs are beeeyooootiful...
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Thankfully the Husaberg Dealer Network will keep me on a Husky. I've called a few dealers and they don't seem very interested in selling Husy 2 strokes.
  10. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

their lost money BRRRAAAAAPPPPPP!!!
  11. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thats too bad. I rode the Berg 2Ts last week and loved them. The biggest problem is the lack of bikes available. I was one of Canadas biggest Berg dealers last year and KTM Canada will give me 2 300s and 3 250s. Thats it. Pretty tough to get excited about them if you can only get 5 units.

I already am oversold on 300s in hopes that a few extras will be available over the winter.
  12. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Whew...good thing all that networking paid off.....I called EVERY 'Berg dealer in the North East and told them if a guy named Norm Foley called and inquired about the 'Berg 2 strokes to politely tell him they were focusing on the 4 stroke line! :applause:
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  13. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

now thats a true friend there!!
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I thought a 250 would be easy, as everyone was lusting over the 300.... New England guys seem to following NETRA AA Ryan Botesi and going for TE250's. I'm not really wanting a 300.
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I broke Joe's "Network" and finally got the word today, on what's up with TE250's... They aren't availible until January. Husky or Husy.... Gustav Adolphus would be proud!
  16. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  17. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    A blue KTM with a model designation stolen from Husqvarna (te250), boooo....
    GP
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey! No raining on my "Blue" parade. I saw the light and am giving up my sole (Or is it soul?) devotion to Husky. Coffee previously told me that most people ride a variety of bikes I and should accept that. I'll always be a Husky guy, but finally want to play around too. Krieg and a bunch of other guys do it, so why not me. The Husaberg is a little more than just a blue KTM, it's what the Husaberg guys think a KTM should be. I will say one thing... I bet if I don't like it, it won't be as hard to sell it and have a higher value than a Husky or a Gas Gas.
  19. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Well its a damn good lookin' bike. And it is a 6 speed. I say kudos to you. Congrats on the new steed!
  20. Clayfan Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey Norm:
    I was surprised we did not see you at the Rattlesnake in August.

Mark Hyde had a collection of 2012 KTM's and one lonley TE300 Cheeseburger to ride. The TE had a Recluse installed so that was like cheating.

No suspension work that I could tell.

The motor was considerably nicer than my 08 WR 250, but thats not surprising seeing as the Husky motors date back to 1985 or so and I'm one of the few guys still running the Mikuni carb.

I will say the ergos are better (nicer seat, good peg location) but I still find my Husky turns way better than the Cheeseburg does. It seemed to want to push and stand up in every turn. Problabley fixable with more set up time.

To be frank, I was quickest on the KTM 250F 4 stroker they had some suspension work done on. But the valve train maintenance sort of turns me off.

I kind of want one (TE 250 Cheeseburger) but, like you said, my Husky is not worth much to sell or trade and the price difference is more than I'd like to spend this coming year with a son off to school.

I would also like to see what Husky has up its sleeves for 2013 in the 2 stroke line. I am hearing rumors of a new 6 speed motor in the TXC frame. That would be cool.