1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

Husaberg TE250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Norman Foley, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I really wanted to go to Rattlenake, but wife was in the middle of chemo. Friend with a '10 Husky WR300, rode the TE300 and it didn't light his fire. He previously rode a Gas Gas 300. He rode the KTM 250F and didn't think it was as good, as another friend's well set up '10 TXC250. He's going to go TXC310 for '12, as he prefers the WR125/TXC250 frame. Word I hear is, no new WR250/300 until '14.
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Don't burst my '13 bubble Norm. :( I am going to have a 250-350 two stroke with a button in '13. Would really like it to be a Husky.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I hope I'm wrong for yours and Husky's sake, but I think the next updates... 2 and 4 stroke are tied to EU's 2014 E6 standards. This when EU and EPA standards align.
  4. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Same here Walt!! I want to retire the 96' 360 for it's reincarnation with an estart.
  5. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Maybe Coffee can start a Blue Bike sub-forum so we can keep Norm around, like a little cage and someone can go check on Norm from time to time. We can stick Nick Fahringer with him..

It is a beautiful looking bike.
  6. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    I am really surprised that you are going KTM Norman... looking forward to the "new" Husky 2 strokes, but 2014 is a long way off. '13 is new 2 stroke time for me too, perhaps a GasGas or self imported Fantic will be in order. Anyway, good luck and see you at the Redux.
  7. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    I would like to try one of those TM's, have you looked at those? They always get good reviews here and abroad. And they are italian, so you know they gotta be good!!
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM's are cool, but I don't want an aluminum perimeter frame.
  9. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

fixed that for ya :)
  10. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    yea, I respect everyones right to choose and ride what they want, they are all great bikes. One of the reasons I switched from orange to husqvarna was reading this forum and all you passionate loyal Husky riders. I am kinda of making a stand as the local Husqvarna guy in a sea of orange and I see no other bikes that make me want to change. I know many of you are frustrated because the 250/300 has not been updated, thats why I added a TC250 to my wr125 and I am a 2 stroke guy! Just makes a different noise, but it still has 2 wheels and goes through the trees just fine.
    GP
  11. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    GASGAS just bought out TM, maybe due to gfc or needing their own 250f motor instead of the yamaha.I like my ec200 but prefer my wr/cr125 hybrid ...taller, lighter more me.
  12. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I havent heard anything about GG buying TM.
  13. Clayfan Husqvarna
    A Class

14. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    Norm - I have to ask - why do you need an updated bike? When I was racing my 2000 WR250 last year, I was never once beaten because I was "out biked".
    lankydoug likes this.
  15. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    That's the point I've been trying to make on other threads. I have an 03 EC200 GasGas and an 09 WR250 that I can ride equally good or bad depending how you look at it. I'm 100% sure that I won't be able to go any faster on a 2012 model no matter what the color. Why not use the money to ride more?
  16. mantrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

17. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    It's just personal preference.... My buddy can hand me my butt (At least on more open trails) on his '79 KTM GS420! I'm definitley faster on my '09 WR144 than, my '02 WR125 and it's not the 144 kit that does it. Progress can be good... I rode my '93 WXE350 yesterday and I can tell you it is still a great example of single cam 4 stroke. That said... I owned the ultimate developement of that bike, the '01 TE400 and it really is a much better bike through many improvements.
  18. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    That makes sense. I'm just not sure that much has really improved since the mid 90's, once you have too much power.

I bought a Honda CR250R because I was convinced that I needed something "more advanced" than my WR250. I go the same speed on it as I did on the WR... If I had to do it over again, I'd have switched my WR to a 19" rear wheel, removed a bunch of stuff to lighten it up, switched to the mx ignition - then it would be basically like the bike that I ride now...
    lankydoug likes this.
  19. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I agree that it's personal preference. Your bike and it's modifications are a combination of pieces that we are all trying to get the most out of. Rider and riding style are major pieces of that puzzle. Therefore when we buy a bike or bolt on a mod we soon learn if we are getting closer or further from the perfect combo.

I've never heard anyone say that they wish their bike was heavier. Weight loss is one thing that my 09 WR250 could use a little of but the rest of the bike is way better than me and my skills.
  20. allphazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky te 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta 350rr & 250rr
    OH NORM SAY IT AINT SO :eek:. Husky hope your are listening.:thumbsdown: