1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Husky 125 gearing

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ajaxauto, Mar 17, 2009.

1. traskrider Husqvarna
    B Class

Just put a 52 rear sprocket on 08' cr125, stock chain (non o-ring) worked fine. That's with the stock counter shaft sprocket, its close to the chain guide, but does not touch or rub.
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I still use the stock non o ring chain just install the new 52 rear and move up the wheel everything lined up ok
  3. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    It will work but it runs pretty close to the "Mud Flap".
    I just picked up a new chain and threw it on.:thumbsup:
  4. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

ok, well my stock chain for my 06 wr will not fit, is there a good way to figure out what size chain i need?
  5. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I think most chains come @ 120 links.
    You'll need to buy a chain breaker or ask if they will do it for you at you dealer or local shop.
  6. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I find it easier to get the correct size chain when possible. Count the links in your chain including the master link then add 2.
  7. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

this has been a couple weeks ago now but heres my update.

got the chain and cut it to size. put the new gear on and it was rubbing on the chain guide mount. turns out the old gear was too. (not impressing me much with build quality here) so after i filed off some of the mount all went well.

the added grunt is really nice in the tight stuff.

and yes the rim was straight when it was rubbing.
  8. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

they are all pretty close....
    12/49 =.2448
    12/50 = .24
    13/50 = .26
    13/52 = .25
  9. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

what is the top speed on the little 125 smoker in 6th pinned?
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Good question. I read 70+ but I can't remember where I read it.
  11. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    bench grinder works great too....grind a rivet pin flat to the link plate and then peel off the link plate and slide it through.....just make sure you count twice and cut once.....:busted:

what amazes me is how many people (not husky people of course !!) never take into account that the chain needs plenty of slack to run through all the suspension travel....ever see a guy with less than an inch of slack in his chain....then he sits on his bike and its tighter than a fiddle string :eek:
  12. gixxer_gixxer Husqvarna
    B Class

Mine on 13/52 pinned flat out on the tank will pull 75mph max.I only held it at this for a short duration as a test;)
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The 125 will pull at least 12.5K rpm in 6th which translates to a little over 75 mph. Of course actual cruising speed is only about 35mph.:)
  14. vegtablebrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

I may have seen 428 kits for the 125. Reason for this is it is lighter. If chain was high quality it might be strong enough. Has anyone tried a 428 chain on their 125? BTW I run 13/52, Renthal chain.
  15. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
    I just put a 12 on the front and it made a huge difference! I have just had my bike for 6 weeks now so still getting it set up right. I ride a lot of tight, technical stuff and found with the stock 13 I was clutching a lot, the bike stalled easy (even after jetting was adjusted), and now I can just crawl along if need be in 1st, but find I have it in 2nd for most of the trails and it has the right amount of power and it's nice not having to use the clutch so much. My previous bike was a 4 stroke with a rekluse in it and when I first got this bike I wanted an auto clutch for it, but now that the gearing is changed and I don't have to use the clutch very much, there is no need for one, love it :)
  16. Nathan S Husqvarna
    C Class

Stock gearing (13/50) on my 150 pulls 132kph on the dyno. That's past peak power, so it would take a long time to wind out to that (and/or a downhill).
    I weigh ~210lbs + riding gear, and have never wished for lower gearing. A 125 might be different, I guess.