1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Husky 144/150 vs. KTM200 vs Gasgas200

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firffighter, Sep 14, 2011.

1. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    My friend Jason is about 215#, he is briefly in front of me in the video on his new KTM300. He raced my 125 at a local ISDE this summer and finished 12th overall, in one of the most technical riding areas around her to hold events. What you lose on the climbs (isn't much) you more than make up for in the flats. It doesn't take 60hp to ride 20mph in the woods...

Also that video is about 75 miles into a 95 mile ride...

Later,
    454x likes this.
  2. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

cool vid! how far of a drop was that behind you on the last switchback where ya had to stop?
  3. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Well honestly I don't know... I wasn't planning on going off of it so I didn't look too closely... :D

Later,
    water racer and WHITEROCKET5.9 like this.
  4. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I just bought the WR 250 that was for sale buy the same guy. The Kid who had the bike also had mine and traded them both in to get a ktm 350, he also works at that KTM shop posted in the ad. The wr I bought from him had a fresh motor but everything and I mean everything on the bike was super clapped out so look it over real good. BTW the dealer he traded it to was good to business with and came down 800.00 in price after I pointed out all the fualts and how much it would cost me to get it trail ready. Good luck.
  5. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think you meant 19. The WR comes with an 18.
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    CR's have 18, WR's have 17... oops, wrong decade!:busted:
  7. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Guys - That 144 in Medford is a killer deal !
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    There is so much shrub up there you can't tell but you don't want to get ether wheel off cuz a lot of times it is a drop off. About 10 years ago that hill was almost impossible to climb (and was labeled down hill only... which did not stop us :>) but has blown out with use so not it is doable. It is pretty steep and from years of traffic (mainly coming down) it is silty and rocky.

Here is me doing it last year on a WXC250 and you can see the approach and where i stop and my friend has a little fun with me at the bottom you can see the ridge you go up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABPG3Tsp1kg
    billyp10980 and WHITEROCKET5.9 like this.
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep 19" on the CR; my bad.
  10. firffighter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks on the heads up on the CR144 in Medford. Although it is a good deal, I do not want a raced and clapped out bike. I just dont have the time or money to go through everything. It is tempting, especially if you could get $500 or so knocked off, but I am looking for a low hour bike, maybe evern new from Bill's in Salem.
  11. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Those 04's can be made to be awsome bikes.
  13. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

14. endurokids Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250WRX, CR167, 83 430WR, TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    75 Guzzi 850T
    My son's ride/race '07 WR 144's and are racing "A" Class here in the midwest with no problems regularly beating much bigger bikes.
    As far as the bottom end and clutch action goes, my youngest son (17) broke his clutch cable in the first 10 min of a 2 hr H/S last Saturday.
    The course had a lot of deep sand and some steep rocky/rooty hills, we could have replaced it for him but after finishing the first loop, he opted to ride without the clutch!
    I was impressed and shocked at how well he rode the bike without the clutch. These Husky 125/144's are unbelievable motorcycles. :thumbsup:
  15. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    I'm going to the Giff this weekend!!! SOOOOOO Stoked!!
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    What day and where at, might see you up there.
  17. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    We went last weekend. Olollie Lake campground. We had a blast. You?
  18. MartinP518 Husqvarna
    B Class

My 2010 CR144 have the 19 inch rear wheel. At the moment it is jetted rather fine (I would say, it might get better but I don't have time to test) and it's mid to top monster. The only places where I would like a bit more grunt so I could pull a taller gear is clear that fat 110' gap at the local race track because the corner is tight, a little uphill, with a small double right after and it's always a little muddy or loosey dirt. Make it a little more hard pack or dry and I would have no problem clearing the gap (or give me bigger ballz...)
  19. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

Ive had both versions of the KTM200's. the offroad version (exc) was boring but very easy to ride, the mxc version was very very fast and impressive. i think both models have different names now.
    Right now we have husky wr125 and wr150 both converted to cr's. I really think both are the best woods bikes we've ever owned. The clutches are very tough and super light to pull. Son gets about a month out of fibers, which is great for him!!!
    My son wins B class harescrambles on the 125 almost everytime he enters one, and was leading D17 motocross in 2 class's before he recently took a month and half break for football.
    Point of the story, the bikes are extremely capable, do NOT be afraid to buy one, or a couple of them!
    dartyppyt likes this.
  20. BCdirtbikegal Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM sx50 jr, 08 pw50
    When deciding on a new bike I initially looked at the KTM 200's, and spent some time riding a friend's 2010 200 exc. It was a nice bike, but had a hard time justifying the cost of it, and was given a sweet deal on my 2011 WR 150 so after doing some research (a lot on this forum) took a chance and went with that. To me, they are very comparable bikes in power, and find my husky easier to handle, and after I went down a tooth on front sprocket, it has plenty of low-mid range power, and the top end is there when needed (and it's hauled some of the guys-- and some bigger ones-- I ride with up some BIG hills). I had a lot of people that were very skeptical of me getting the bike, thinking I would have a hard time coming off a 250 4 stroke, and primarily woods riding and hare scrambles, needing to be in the power band for everything or on the clutch and it wouldn't have enough power. But that isn't the case, I love this little bike, it's fun, easy to ride and maneuver, I use the clutch as needed, but having changed the gearing it is perfect and the clutch is soo easy to pull (everyone who tries it can't believe how light it is). I highly recommend these bikes... and nice to see an alternative to orange out on the trails :)
    john01 and jmetteer like this.