husky demo rides at Glen Helen next week...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, May 6, 2011.

1. dirt_rider93561 Husqvarna
    AA Class

My sister and I got in for saturday at 9:00. In the email it said it is for experienced off road riders only. There will be some challenging uphills and loose terrain. The route is going to be about 40 minutes and have 8 riders max in each group. I hope that you get to trade bikes during the ride so we can try all of them out. Otherwise I don't know what bike I would choose.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I rode the off road stuff at the 24hr Dirtrider gig years ago and none of it was hard IMHO. The fast choppy downhill on the track scared me more than anything on the off road section :D Might have a lot to do with me being a technically good rider and a moto spode.
    HuskyT likes this.
  3. dirt_rider93561 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah it will be interesting to see what they consider challenging uphills. Might take the helmet cam and record the short loop.
  4. HuskyT Moderator

Unless they have developed some new "Challenging" trails , I imagine most of this will encompass the normal SRA GPMX track that we normally race but primarily encompassing the ridgelines and fireroads...small pavement section ( requires license) etc.... none of that being particularly difficult.

I'm going with a bud who will take pics in the pits etc...

Take it easy on the bikes Dirt_rider93561... I'm riding at 10.... leave something for me!!!

@ Kelly... I was looking forward to some of those whooped out fast downhills on the main track... best place to pass! However, all of the amateur racing is taking place on Saturday... actual track will be of-limits to us Husky Drivers on Saturday......

@ Rob... post up or give me a call on Friday!

T
  5. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    I'm in for 2:00 PM Friday! Should be great.
  6. dirt_rider93561 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Where is the fun in taking an easy on the demo bikes. I want to see what they can do. I really want to ride the 310, but also the new 449. Oh life's tough choices. Hope to see some of you guys out there.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    was simple fun and sweet stuck to the main paths, I saw at least 2 of the real tough trails from the last time I rode there. Three words from me 3 1 0........loved that thing (powered up version)
  8. flyinryanmtb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF250R CBR600RR
    Rode the 511 and 310 on Friday at GH. The bikes were kinda lame considering they left all the emissions crap on them but it was still a lot of fun trying to thrash their bikes [IMG]. The new 511 is sweet with the front sprocket located on the swing arm. It tracked noticeably better than my 09 510. They also moved the tank to the rear and put the air filter in the front which makes it look kinda weird, but it still was a blast to ride.
  9. HuskyT Moderator

Thanks to Kris, Sharon, Andy, Brent , Corey and all the rest who put this event on! Great ride encompassing some of the SRA GP MX track and some of the ridgelines, a short stream bed, a little section of pavement and some fire road.

I rode four bikes total . I'm a big guy... 6 ft 240.... so first off was a stock TE511 with Stock exhaust... plenty of power, handled well overall ... would have like to have tried a 511 with an Akropovic to see the power difference... the stock exhaust did not quite have the hit that i was looking for. Definitely noticed the bulge of the stock exhaust interfering with my right size 12 foot....

Switched to the TE310 that Brent Harden was riding... Fun Bike... great power delivery, snappy and hit harder than I was expecting through the bottom and mid range... even managed to pull up some of the bigger hills with me aboard.... Absolutely loved this bike...

Then onto another round of riding! Sweet! Two hours of new Husqvarna's! Next up ... TE449 with stock exhaust... surprisingly enough I liked this bike better than the 511! overall power great... handling very good... smooth and powerfull through the entire range.... I thought I had found my favorite of the day... I was wrong...

My favorite of the day = TE449 w/Akropovic exhaust...remarkably better power with the Akropvic on.... best bike for my size and the way I like to ride... The SRA GP MX track is my home turf... the TE449 with the Akropovic exhaust absolutely let me rail the track sections... great power all the way through and had the strong hit I like at the top ....pulled all the hills with ease for me and just "Felt" better than the 511... I'm sold... now when can I test a TC449.... ????? Is there a Track Demo day coming.... Sign me up for the TC Demo Day!

T
    Coffee likes this.
  10. dirt_rider93561 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I really enjoyed the powered up versions of the 449 and the 310. Noticed a big difference in power between the two setups. I had the same issue with my boot hitting on the stock exhaust of the 449, but didn't notice it on the powered up 449. The stock 449 had more engine braking then I was used to also and that took some getting used to. It pulled really strong up the hills though. I was impressed with the new CTS used on it. It was a fun day of riding other peoples bikes.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I feel like I missed out on connecting with some of you Cafe inmates!!! I was there for the Fri 1300 show and hung around waiting for another guy for the 1600 ride (we did not get back from the MXGP pits in time) Anyway it was I with the same gear as the avatar and the white BRUX pickup truc
  12. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

I was signed up for 1600 on Friday, but had to cancel on Thursday; Couldn't get out of work [IMG]

Hey Rob, were you wearing your brand new, shredded AXO? [IMG]

Rob, the shredder Taccio....The way he shreds that pretty new AXO gear Rob's an ANIMAL If you can't ride around it, ride thru it!!!

Rob, LR got a TXC 511 for now. He's getting a 310 after the 500....San Diego, single track, Husky only day, anyone?

Mitch
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    that jersey is retired, I found another angle (I remember your deal) but it was a 50% off and I got 2 new shirts same design. LR Husky official anouncement??
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    http://www.vitalmx.com/news/press-release/Husqvarna-Demo-Days-Debut-USGP,10114

"Switched to the TE310 that Brent Harden was riding... Fun Bike... great power delivery, snappy and hit harder than I was expecting through the bottom and mid range... even managed to pull up some of the bigger hills with me aboard.... Absolutely loved this bike... "

Vital!!! whoa robert accio from san diego ,,,, 3-1-0!!!
    my new fave machine (the Brent one) but he mentioned his personal TE310 is much better still than the one at the demo, his has some xxx brand factory technician suspension tech valve work (his friend from XXX brand) in the forks that is magic even at Cahuilla on the main pro track at pro level (him) MX speeds

I hated to retire that jersey it is the very first custom one ever for me, name on back, team IDs too.
  15. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

would be great if they did some of these things in other locations.....