Husky Monument Ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Stroker Ace, May 2, 2009.

1. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think so but I'm far from a knowlegeable authority. I've been looking on google and going through forums to find out. They are cheap if you do, it's just the hassle of running down the road to get one.
  2. Flying Trash Can Sustaining Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1100R

per mapquest:

Total Estimated Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
    Total Estimated Distance: 123.96 miles
  3. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

http://thebannerisup.district37ama.org/places/husky-memorial.shtml

Click on main map. Note green star southeast of Randsburg. Click on it. Thats big picture of where we are going.

Click on 'Husky Memorial' and then on 'Map'
    Thats close up of where we are going.

Its 40 miles minimum from the campsite to the memorial, round trip. We can easily make it longer. There are trails all over the place. From open desert to technical.

The riding options are more or less endless. We will do a trip to the monument, then back to base camp. Then later a ride up to Randsburg.
    Second ride is only 25 miles or so.l
  4. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Sunday for the HM? Sounds good, don't think I can make a whole weekend of it.
  5. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Im just there for Sunday as well. Really looking forward to it.

:cheers:
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    where's the start point for a one day deal (Sunday). Ive done a couple of day rides in that general area. Need to set my time of travel and to see if anyone of my crew (non-husky) want to go just for the co-pilot (besides God) drive deal. Quick estimate from San Diego downtown is @ 3-3.5 hours. Let me know, thanks CH crew
  7. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    This sounds like a lot of fun, and I'd like to see the new plaque that's at the Memorial for Mr. Caselli, but with any luck I'll be in far Northwest NV stretching the legs of the 610 on that weekend.

Have fun, everyone:applause:

WoodsChick
  8. Flying Trash Can Sustaining Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1100R
    I'm in. I'll bring the wife and kids and do some camping too.
  9. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I hope I get to see this Monument sometime long before I am eligible to become a part of it.:thinking:
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    its on my bucket list!!!
  11. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

CHANGE OF MEETING/DEPARTURE LOCATION: PLEASE NOTE! :)

Meeting point is the gas station at Four Corners. The gas station on the south west corner. Thats on the right if you are coming up 395. Look for my black F350 or George Erl's blue/white race van. Plus a few trucks, campers.

9AM at Four Corners!

We will stage about a mile from 4 Corners at Georges secret spot. Then ride Georges trails up over a couple hills, about 40 miles, to the Husky Memorial. Then back.

Carry gas if you cant do 80 miles round trip.

THIS IS A CHANGE FROM THE ORIGINAL PLAN. PLEASE NOTE. THANKS!
  12. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

I will be driving up from San Clemente around 6 am. Anyone want to truck pool, let me know. Room for 1-2 maybe more with a trailer. :)

Ya must shower. No beer that early in the morning. :excuseme:
  13. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mike, 6 am what day? Sunday? Not that I would like to shower, beer is breakfast, I am just asking to see if we could follow you all.
  14. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

My plan is to leave 6 am sharp from San Clemente. Ive got a buddy who might join me, but room for 1-2.

I figure its a little over 2 hours that time of day. Heading up the toll roads, then up 15.

Its super super easy to find the staging place. Just go to 4 corners, where 40 and 395 meet.

You are welcome to follow me up if ya want. But im cutting it close and wont have time to detour or wait. :eek:

My cell phone is (949) 887 7278

Everyone should take it and give me a call if there is a problem.
  15. RumRunner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 450
    I'm a little confused on the date for this (not that it takes much to confuse me) We talking sunday the 24th?
  16. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    If I were to help you out on the date, I would assume it would be the 24th as that is the Sunday of the Memorial week end. If I did do that though I would be making an ASSuME.
  17. RumRunner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 450
    No help needed in that category! I'm very accomplished at making an ASSofMe..... :lol:

I was thinking it was the 24th too. I'm going to try to make it. Long as the planes not late I should be there by 0900....
  18. tlking6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've been up there a few times with my green sticker bike and havent ever heard of a permit. You can ride dirt pretty much right up to the saloon. I have no idea how you could buy a permit in the city, without riding into the city, unless you drove there but then whats the point?
    As far as difficulty in the area, like others have said, its all over the place. I wouldnt consider any of it too difficult. I've ridden all the toughest stuff on my 610 and the only thing that worked me was a nasty rock infested deep sand wash.
    That weekend is still up in the air for me but I may be able to jump in last minute if any SD riders want to carpool.
  19. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

NEW STAGING AREA:

We will stage out of Four Corners (where Hwy 40 meets Hwy 395) at 9AM. Sunday the 24th of May. Memorial Day Weekend.

We will follow George Erl in our trucks for a mile or so to a spot at a big joshua tree and then ride from there.

Meet at 9am at the gas station on the right as ya pull to the stop light at 4 corners (theres just one intersection).

We will ride 40 miles each way to the monument, then back another route. 80 miles round trip. Carry a gallon if ya cant do 80 round trip.

No visit to Randsburg that weekend. Ive been told is just too busy with bikes and a mad house.

Lunch around 1-2 in the afternoon back at Four Corners.

I expect 7-8 Husky riders, but room for more. We can do hard or easy sections, or split it into 2 small groups--just like in Baja.

Any and all Husky riders are warmly invited!

This should be a fun ride, and i am loooking forward to learning some of Georges trails. :)
  20. rajobigguy Administrator

Hey Mike, is that the big Joshua tree that we looked for for about 1.5 hrs last time out?:D