Husky Monument Ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Stroker Ace, May 2, 2009.

1. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

No no thats a different big Joshua tree. They are about 40 miles apart.

This big Joshua tree is sort of 'behind' 4 corners, just a minute or two from the intersection. Makes it 30-40 minutes closer for guys driving up that morning. Plus its a longer ride, and away from some of the more 'busy' riding areas.

George says its some good riding up that way, ive never gone in from 4 Corners to the Monument. But that entire area of desert has litterally endless trail riding in all directions.

But yeah--that was funny. :)
  2. HuskyT Moderator

I'm planning on being there.... maybe riding up with Robertaccio if he calls me back and commits :cheers:..... I'm riding a TC450 with moto X gears and moto X tank packing one gallon of gas with me........ I don't want to run at 9000 RPM for 40 miles straight :eek::eek::eek::eek: and I don't wanna run outa gas !!

by the way Mike.... the French Crepe Bistro was great yesterday at San Clemente Pier...... boogie boarding all afternoon on Capistrano Beach and ended the day at Sonny's Pizza and Pasta on El Camino.... amazing thin crust ......pizza ......washed down with a Negro Modelo

Rode Wildomar OHV area today with my kids.... not a soul in site...

Do I really have to go back to work on Tuesday?

T
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Heh...good luck with that, everyone :lol:

WoodsChick
  4. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

No over nighters yet????? Lot's of ground to cover out there on Sat.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    If I were going I'd definitely spend the night, that is a long drive.
  6. BCVisin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mike,

I'm in and bring the girlfriend along. My dad would be joining us on his DRZ, but him and my mom will be in Minneapolis for a wedding that weekend. Looking forward to seeing all you guys again.

-Blake
  7. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Too bad you won't be there... I plan to lay my og. bottle of Elvis cologne to rest at the site. It will be the Kings last tour!!! Been with me since the 80's!!! It'll be dramatic and emotional but I'll tough it out, feather dust my bike and ride off into the sunset...............

8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :notworthy:

A tribute fit for a king!

Be careful whose bike you feather dust! That is a powerful piece of equipment! :D
  9. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes sir.... I'm maintaining a very very low profile when it comes to the feather duster........ nuff said........

PS I wonder what would happen if I dusted the Monument bike???????? Uh, Uh, no, no, I don't want to go there now that I think about it
  10. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks like a nice group. I counted 9 Huskys, with a couple of fence sitters.

The core group, and a couple of special appearences too. :thumbsup:
  11. rajobigguy Administrator

I'm one of the fence sitters. If I can get a break in the action at work I'll shoot up for Sunday but I seriously doubt that I can make a camping trip out it.:banghead: makes me sad because the group that makes this ride are some of my favorite people to hang with.
  12. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Hey, because this is happening in CA. Do we get to bring our family (non Husky) riders? Just asking, I think it would be a fun ride for the kids. No, I don't expect "Baby Siters" They are 20 and 13, and I will be with them.

Gary
  13. RumRunner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 450
    I'm defiantly in.
    I don't count as a special appearance so I be there for comic relief! :p
    :cheers:
  14. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

I found a left over scarf that I'll put with the cologne...... The Kings last blast !!
  15. race-desert Husqvarna
    AA Class

Friendly FYI folks -- 4 corrners is at the HWY.58 and 395 Intersection --- I live not more than 10 miles from there.. If things go right, me and the wife will meet ya at gas station then more than likely trailer our bikes up the 395 more and catch everybody at the monument --wife is newer m/c rider and i'll be on a 78 390 and not sure if the 2smoker will do 80 mile round trip on gas --but very sure the wife will not sounds like fun ..............see ya there.......todd
  16. motopat651 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm coming up with Robertaccio.I'll be riding a 1983 430 WR with a stock tank.I figure I'm good for about 50 miles.I'm also carrying a gallon.I think I should be good.Maybe we can hook up and pool our resources.Thanks,Pat
  17. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    We are one week away. I think its time for "NO FENCE SITTING THREAD" Who is in Who is OUT!

I'll start...
    PALMER84ONE: IN with two or three "other type bikes"
  18. BCVisin Husqvarna
    AA Class

IN: me + girlfriend + another husky buddy
  19. motopat651 Husqvarna
    AA Class

motopat in for 1.Robertaccio also 1. two Huskys,one old,one new.
  20. HuskyT Moderator

In : HuskyT - 1 Incredible 2005 TC450 Husky !!!

Rob and Motopat... give me a call when you get close to Corona on Sunday a.m.

I've got room for one more bike in my truck .... leaving Corona at Approx 7:00 a.m.

T