Husky Press and Demo Ride for the new 2012 Bikes

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ajaxauto, Sep 11, 2011.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sorrie I did not ride the TE 310 only the TXC 310 Was told that with a small amount of work one can make a TE perform like a TXC.Bottom line is ask your self do I need or want a plate.If you do not then get the TXC.
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Would be curious why AJ chose to do a makeover of the TE310 rather than use the TXC310.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I belive that the Andy 310 is the 11 model or a fully uncorked 12 TE with the Ohlins suspension added, its the same machine anyway (or very close to it), and it has the full ZipTy race machine treatment.
    Brent H also has a '11 TE310 convert he uses for everything from mx to offroad, it has the OEM open chamber forks that he had reworked by a factory(other brand) mech and they work great in his words.
    at the Glen helen demo they had a stock TE310 it worked fine, yes choked up a bit with all the emmissions stuff on it. They also had a closed course modded TE310, the difference was substantial. And with the plate its a real winner.
    I assume that the 2012 TXC310 will be basically uncorked/closed course (thus not emissions legal) TE310 but with the upgraded suspension, it appears to be the "same" bike just set up as a comp model.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I am finding the open chambers more to my liking as well. Seem more compliant to the harsher trail crap. If i was younger and still racing the twin chambers do seem to offer more control at speed and the faster you go. The open chambers are just more forgiving for this old man / trail riding.
    robertaccio likes this.
  5. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Love the reviews -- I'm really thinking about the new TXC310 but may wait a year for the KFI. Chilly had really excellent things to say about the TC449 on Enduro360.com too. Woop Woop.
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If you want a 4 stroke the new TXC 310 is really a nice bike. I would be happy with it as my only bike
    It really is a do all bike If Husky set up a demo day with a few of them to test ride and a box van full of ones for sale at the end of the day I beleive the van would be empty.
  7. Weantright Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 FX350 w/KYB Inserts
    Other Motorcycles:
    2017 FE250 w/OC, 2016 XTrainer w/KYB
    Need a plate so the TE310 is my only choice. Small amount of work, small amount of $$ also??? Disappointing if I get it home only to find I need to spend $1000 on programing and a pipe just to have it perform nicely!
  8. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Thank You Dirtdame & ajaxauto. :thumbsup:

Great reports with awesome info on all the bikes. Indeed the right people were sent.
    Coffee and Dirtdame like this.
  9. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

I heard some rumors that my local dealer may get one as a demo. If he does, I will see if I can take it for a spin. I am a two-stroke guy, but the 310 has me thinking a little bit. Exciting times for sure.
  10. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If you want a plate then get a legal plated bike.Then you have a legal dual sport bike. If you want a race bike then get a race bike. It is not Husky fault that to be legal you need to have smog. Do you really think a ZR1 corvette works as well as there factory race car. The 2012 TE 310 is as close as you can if you want to play in both worlds. Once you touch it to make it a better off road bike it is not legal on the street any more. As it is in stock trim it is more then enought as a DUAL SPORT BIKE
  11. mhambone Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    81ae420,87xc500,09wr250,09sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husabergs,Maicos,KTMs,BMW
    Do the transmissions still have close ratios? That is the only thing I don't like about my Huskys. I have an 09 WR250 and an 08 TE510. My 06 TE610 tranny is perfect.
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I have to second that thought! Thanks to DD and AA!
    Dirtdame likes this.
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    So what did you ask Kris about the 2t machines and what did he say?

Nice reporting!

14. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Well it was off the record, but I can assure you that he is very fond of two strokes and the idea for a potential future market for clean running fuel injected models.:rolleyes:
  15. Weantright Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 FX350 w/KYB Inserts
    Other Motorcycles:
    2017 FE250 w/OC, 2016 XTrainer w/KYB
    Thanks for the great info! Now go climb back up your tree. My 2008 TE250 ran like complete dog $hit. Add PU (desmog) and EFI changes, became a great bike. Will this be the same for the 2012 or is it like 2009-2010 with parts included?
  16. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    It only takes one state, CA, to make these TEs go the way of the Dodo bird. As it is now the TC and TXC are red sticker, restricted bikes. i'm not telling anyone what to do with their bikes, but be aware that altering is punishable by having to buy Al Gore dinner for a week. He can eat. CARB undoubtedly has some zealots too.
  17. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The 2012 TE250 that I rode had a pretty snappy powerband right out of the box, especially when compared to some 250 Japanese counterparts that I have ridden.
  18. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    Did you get to ride a lowered version of the TE? If so was it lowered in the suspension or frame.
  19. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The TE250 that I rode had a saddle height that is 2 inches lower than than last year's model. This feature that is exclusive to U.S. models is achieved through the suspension components.
  20. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    That could make a big difference for prospective buyers, there's a lot of us out there with challenged inseams.
    Bill