Husky Trip to the Tip

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Mike Kay, Aug 13, 2009.

1. JCH4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Still have not forgotten the video. Knocked it down to 14 minutes tonight so hopefully will be forthcoming soon. Was in CA for business last week and stopped by Uptite where George had a cask of tequila from his win at the vintage 1000. Could not get there until after 5 but, as always, George gave freely of his time. Hope all are well and considering doing it again.
  2. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Where did Mike go?
  3. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Heck yes I'm ready to go again! I'm soooooo over rain!

I hope Mike's still checking in, but I'm kinda not surprised if he's not. He has a life apart from the net unlike dorks like me.
  4. life_in_sepia Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1!

Mike is doing fine. He's planting a bunch of grapes at his place in Sonoma. He drives a tractor almost as well as he rides a bike.
  5. Norcalslowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

I, for one, am looking forward to your video. I know it probably takes a long time to put together...glad it was you...:)

Vamos a Baja for ano nuevo!
  6. SepticSkeptic Husqvarna
    B Class

I, for two, am looking forward to your video. Thanks for taking the time.
  7. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada 1200 Enduro; Tiger 800XC
    Every day stuck back at work makes me want to go back. And yeah, I'd be more than happy to go back with the same crew.

The shoulder surgery I had in January is pretty much fully healed. This is my last week of physical therapy. I'm really itching to do a big trip again.
  8. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is your motor Alive? Ready to try again!?
  9. SepticSkeptic Husqvarna
    B Class

:banghead: No.

Still waiting on connecting rod kit. Saw George a few days ago. He says soon. Meanwhile I dropped my forks off at Trailtricks for new seals, revalve and adding the compression adjusters. I was talking to Javier and he said "oh yeah, you rode with Gary down in Baja" :shocked: Didn't occur to me that he knows everyone in the suspension biz. Duh.

I've been seriously considering buying a second bike. Been trolling the market, just can't commit. My dad died a few weeks ago, I really need to go for a long ride and disappear for a spell. I know what'll happen though, as soon a I buy one and get it outfitted, George will call and tell me the parts finally arrived. I still torture myself by lurking around here and ADV though.

How are things coming along with you? I saw the pics of your living room workshop. :thumbsup: Looks like you've got a bit of grease on your hands as well. Have you mapped out all the good single track up there yet?
  10. Norcalslowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry to hear about your dad mate, truly. Must be tough for you right now.

Maybe look for a deal on a good, already upgraded, used bike, use it and just sell it or the 610 when you can/need to.

If you ever get to Norcal, me & ed, and/or mike will take you on a dual sport ride, I'm sure we can round up a bike. My bro has a drz he might let you break...:)

Cheers
  11. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada 1200 Enduro; Tiger 800XC
    Sorry to hear about your father. That can be a very tough time, and I hope that you find some peace.
  12. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry to hear about your dad
  13. brokebackzack Husqvarna
    C Class

Aww, hell. Especially sorry to hear the news of your dad, mate. I hear ya about needing to ride. Why not ride up to Portland for a few days? I can't provide a dirt bike experience but I can provide a dirt bomb experience; and then we'll go to a nicer strip joint.

-brokebackzack; ready for baja 2010!!!
  14. life_in_sepia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep. Like Jack London of yesteryear, head north young man. We have a spare bedroom and a very hot tub. Just what the doctor ordered. I can't promise "cabo-esque" party, but we'll try to show you a good time in marin, with red wine and green leaves. The norcal welcome mat is out.
  15. SepticSkeptic Husqvarna
    B Class

Parts are in, and George has the engine apart. No word yet on what was knocking. I've begun prep for my big western North America trip. I'll give notice at work as soon as I get my engine back, I originally planned to ride for 3 months, but we'll see how far I can stretch a dollar, maybe longer. Picking up my subframe today from Penhall Fabrication, they've reinforced it for me.

Getting a later start than I would have liked, gotta get the northern stuff done before winter arrives. The tentative plan is to head north immediately. Originally, I intentionally left myself with no itinerary, I hate those, but family is flying up to Oregon to put my fathers ashes to rest, I need to be there by late August, that may not leave time for the spontaneous, impulsive northern meanderings that I would have liked. I'd love to stop by and pay you guys a visit, but it's hard to plan things out when I don't know exactly when I'll depart.
  16. JCH4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Coffee likes this.
  17. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well done
    Later George
  18. JimO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TE 450, '08 TE 510, '10 TXC 450