1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Husqvarna 360 The update thread

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Skyldig, Oct 18, 2009.

1. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

Walt is correct I swapped engines between the two bikes. I did this because I wanted the 250 engine with the shorter seat height for the nasty terrain I mostly ride. It also helped preserve the condition of the '07 Chassis and body work because the gnarly stuff kicks the sh@* out of the bike.

You could update an '01 with the modern body work but it would require a bit more than just plastic (like a seat, subframe, relocating the tank bolt etc.).
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Gem,

That is exactly why I converted my 06 WR 250 to the 00 to 04 plastic, seat, and tank. Lower seat height and carries the weight lower.

Walt
  3. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I would be surprised if he gets $2000 for that bike. For $2000 I would expect to get a 2000 or newer and in better shape. I paid $2100 for my 2000 in 2007 and it was immaculate.

Walt
  5. Skyldig Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 WR360
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF100, CR250, KX60, ZXR
    New bike! :applause:

Bought a "new" 1999 wr360 today. Felt great. The bike is in decent shape.. Alot of the original stickers is still there, which tells me this bike is not that much used. For example on the engine and frame.
    [IMG]

Light rust where the boots have worn down the paint, nothing much really. Clutch, gearbox, suspension, wheelbearings felt really good. Front disc is warped, felt it ALOT in the brake handle. There is a very disturbing light knocking or more like tapping on low revs. I think it is the connecting rod big end or the HTS. The tapping does not disappear if you engage the clutch, but as soon as you rev the engine a little bit it slowly fades out. Front fender broken, right hand side panel broken and repaired. Tires totally worn out.

All the original streetgear was included (indicators, instrument etc. ) And this bike has been registered a regular motorcycle, and not as an enduro bike. I'm really thinking about making it road legal. Due to new EU laws, you cannot convert an enduro bike* to a fully street legal bike unless it pass the new emission levels, which makes it virtually impossible for any 2stroke to be street legal. BUT! If it ever has been passed as street legal (which this bike has been back in 2000), the new laws does not have effect.... So, my plan is to have one of the very few street legal husqvarna 360cc in Sweden :)

First of all I've gotta sort out the tapping noise and then the front brake. Let me know if you have any thoughts.

*enduro type bike in Sweden is only allowed on the road in relation to a competition/race or practice.
  6. ndog360 Husqvarna
    C Class

Skyldig - my 360 had the same knock as yours when I got it, to be honest I didnt take much notice, 3 months laters I was picking big end bearing pieces out of the piston. I'm not saying that yours is the same but it only clicked for me when I tore it down and found the cause.
  7. Skyldig Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 WR360
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF100, CR250, KX60, ZXR
    Thanks for the heads up! I was very aware about that tapping when I bought it, and I managed to get the price down a couple of hundred dollars just by express my great fear about it. In my head it can only be the HTS tuned too low/narrow to the piston OR the big end bearing. If it is the bearing, its gonna be a pricy bike. I've got a brand new Wössner forged piston, waiting to get some action but I won't use it until I'm about what's causing the knock. The previous owner told the piston has never been replaced, only the rings. Ordered a new front fender, should arrive tomorrow. Today I got the new headlight. The original one had lost all its reflective "chrome" inside and I'm sure it I'll never pass inspection (building this bike to be "road legal"). I spent practically the whole afternoon soldering and patching up the electric system. Fitted the original indicators and instrument. This bike is going to weigh a ton! :eek: Ordered a new disc but they where all sold out :( Can't wait to get this bike one the road!
  8. foxy sox Husqvarna
    AA Class

just a note, to the people who like big bore performance, raise the ehust port 2mm, take the wedge on the transfers down about 8mm, and open the intake boot. my guarantee that the thing will run like a crazy bat out of hell, like beat a ported cr500 till 120kmh. but these mods make it crazy fast. about a 13hp gain at top revs, with miles more mid range.

enjoy your 360, i love mine, even went for a 3 hour burn today. god they are such good bikes:thumbsup:
  9. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Im pretty sure (in Australia any way), a 93-early 96 had dellorto's with the late model 96 onwards having Mikuni's.
  10. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

For anyone who has the 45 or 50mm Marzocchi conventional F.F. W.E.R. has plenty of OEM replacement front fork seals. Hope we can help.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I rode Walts 2000 WR360 for a day in Moab last week. I really liked it. In fact i liked it better than the 08 KTM300 I was also riding. :thumbsup: the suspension was to soft for me but the motor ruled and worked great with the EMF autoclutch.

[IMG]
  12. 4bratsdad Husqvarna
    C Class

hey guys just found the site, got a 96 360, does anybody know of a place to purchase cosmetic stuff for these decals, plastic etc wanna clean it up just got it, hate the lt lime green fenders and the stickers all are half gone, dealer cant even get me hsky stickers, i like the blue and yellow, especially the husky yellow that had a bit of orange to it, this is my 4th husky, 2nd 360 had 2 250s all were white blue and yellow, just liked it,cant find platic for the barkbusters either, in color i want, enduro concepts is the brand
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I really hope a link to this thread is in the 2st index thread. :thumbsup:
  14. Edwards Husqvarna
    C Class

360 Supermoto...?

I have a 95 360 and I would like to convert it to a supermoto setup. SM fork springs aren't specifically available for these bikes. Any thoughts/ideas? do any other fork springs fit these bikes that anyone knows of?
  15. Tzedz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1995 WR 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    cbr 600
    Just thought, i should note,my 360 is declared manufactured 1995 ,and has 45mm Showas not 43s, to save any mix ups.
    Bud70 likes this.
  16. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    They changed the barel from 92-93 too. Not just the pipe.

The exhaust port in the 92 had a male outlet about an inch and a half long that the expansion chamber fitted over. In 93 they seemed to have chopped it off and had the expansion chamber fit into the barel around the port instead. They also went from a single power band system to a double. They stayed with these for the whole run. There was no stock de-comp head on any model.

Stu
  17. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sure you did. But the fact is as new dirt bikes go up in cost the old ones do to! Snowmobiles I bought 5 years ago are bringing more now then I could get them for then! Older car ex 1999 or 2000 seem to bring book or more. Used stuff I think is high at this point in time!
  18. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

That post is only about 21/2 years old. ;)
  19. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    ive got 99 wr250,ibe got the 00 -04 tank seat n plastics but the rear subframe is fatter than the newer one so the plastics dont fit,any solutions for this as i cant find original side panels or back mudguard?help
  20. Old Timer Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1996 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 450exc, 06 yz125, 06 crf250x
    I had Graphic MX custom make these stickers for my '96 WXC.
    I still love this motor better than any other bike I've had...

96 Husky wxc 360.jpg
    This photo is about five years old, but it looks essentially the same.
    Cuclenutz likes this.