Husqvarna Concept Moab

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Ex HVUK, Nov 8, 2011.

1. dirttracker1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    my10tc250,my12cr144,my12tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr50,minienduro60,Gt80
    hope They will,I like to get a single it's all I need
  2. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

The company line is that the NUDA is not being brought into NA because the fuel cell does not pass US EPA standards for fuel vapour leakage.

The unofficial word is that the Husq NA is still trying to get its sh-t together from the Mark Brady era and wants to concentrate on getting its dirt bike business in order before expanding into street bikes.
    Planepower likes this.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    A dealer who was at the US dealer meeting told me, that they were asked.... Which dealers wanted the NUDA? All hands shot up in affirmation. Then they were asked.... Which dealers were willing to pay $7000 for the computer set up to do the diagnostics and EFI for the bike? Very few hands stayed up. Husky said they will work on a way to make it affordable for the dealers.
  4. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

that's only a matter of material choice.

saw the moab yesterday. didn't like it much. it's too bulky for my taste.

r
  5. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The MOAB would have been perfect for the USA ... a pseudo, Hollywood, Mickey Mouse, retro, lets pretend copy of who knows what (an early British trail bike?)

But there´s still hope that it´s only a concept. Husqvarna was never much good at rustling up concept bikes.
  6. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Another good point. I know right now, if forced to buy $5000 in essential tools to fix the Nuda, I would pass on them as a dealer.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Interesting info guys. :thumbsup:
  8. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Excuse me?
  9. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    This is just a stab in the dark, and it sounds like the real reasons are the emissions thing and the high cost of the tools needed for tuning it, but I also think motorcycles are viewed differently in the US than they are in other countries. Motorcycles (the vehicle and the sports that are born from it) are much more ingrained into their societies than they are here. They are much more valued as transportation there due to the much higher costs of fuel, as well. Here in the US they are much more of a "want" item than a "need." I don't blame Husqvarna for not wanting to take the chance on having that bike fail here, especially in light of our current economic situation.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary, etc.
    oregonsage and Coffee like this.
  10. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think certainly it's too bulky for a dirtbike, but to me it looks svelte and nimble for a streetbike and maybe some adventurey dualsporty stuff like I do with my 610...and with the 17's and MT60's I'm guessing that's what it is.
    It's funny, the Nuda was being ripped as too bulky and pig-like by the supermoto riders. It's a very sexy 900 twin that weighs less than my tiny, nimble, do-it-all SV650 twin :eek:

I guess it's all in what you compare them to...
  11. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Isn't it the mandatory one year, real world test before they bring it over here? (if there's such a thing...?)
    The rest of the world is a bit cheaper to test things on then us for some reason...
    If it's still not here for the second production year then I would say we have a problem
  12. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

of course. i commented on the aesthetic looks only, which is generally a topic one cannot discuss. the bike is very big when compared to its "inspiration" bike, the cr400, especially in the fuel tank area. i prefer oberdan bezzi's idea, basing on the cr450.

r
  13. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah, and that problem is going to be getting Eric to agree to move to Europe...
  14. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    So true! :lol: Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder, or something like that :D
    HuskyT likes this.
  15. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    People paid far more than me make those decisions! I don't know enough about the US market and your economy to be able to estimate sales volumes but that inevitably would be a major consideration when deciding whether to develop the bike to meet DOT regs. There would also be consideration on whether the dealer network is ready to support a different customer base along with the associated costs in terms of tooling, spare parts stocking etc that goes with introducing a new bike. The BMW MOSS system used for the diagnostics and electronics set up is an expensive bit of kit on it's own and every dealer has to have one...

Dave
  16. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Group buy? :lol:

I don't know if they could make their investment worth it. You would have to sell a bunch of bikes to justify stocking a warehouse with replacement parts and re-pay the dealers for warranty work.
  17. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    What kind of tires are on the Moab? Are they any good in the dirt?
  18. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    They look exactly like the Pirelli MT60's I run on my SM610. They work great in rocks and hardpack, but not so great in mud and sand. I love them, though. They stick like glue on pavement, and wet pavement is a joy with the MT60's. Way more confidence than I need on wet roads :D

This is what they look like after you scrub all your dirt off onto the pavement :busted:

17th_Anniversary 020.jpg
    Runner and Coffee like this.
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    bmw is supplying the cash and direction most likely ...Apparently bmw likes this avenue of approach for bikes that they might have failed to crack into the market with in the recent past ...

The bike looks good except for that frame .... And no gun sights again? ...
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Looks like the scrambler idea is alive and well over seas. This company makes some cool looling modern / retro ones...

[IMG]
    dirttracker1 and WoodsChick like this.