Husqvarna makes big move! Futures Sales Predicted At 40,000 A Year!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by BlipBlip!, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    It's a reference to a very popular bumper sticker you see on big ole trucks here in the South, thus it's a quote. This doesn't have to be so serious does it?
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Absolutely not the issue in my case. Husky knew the bike was wrong to begin with, Kas reported it here 3 months ago, husky issues a bulletin over a month ago and BMW still shipped bikes knowing they were bad and had none of the corrected parts in stock. My dealer called 10 times yesterday because he is awesome and finally got through to someone, an important someone because he has connections. The answer was that they might have shipped and no solid dates for delivery. Bills in Salem OR (another great dealer) has an 09 WR125 sitting in the crate a buddy of mine was going to buy. He is out the money for the bike while it sits there awaiting parts. He will not sell it until it is right so he just sits on the 5K or whatever he already has into a bike he can't sell.

I use Taskys Meteric cycle because they area great dealer, know there bikes and i have NEVER had one issue getting anything. The silent owner has been dealing huskys for MANY many years, knows all the right people and is the largest volume dealer in the US. The BMW change over has hurt every dealer I have spoke to and i talk to a lot of them because they order aftermarket parts from me.

MY DEALER IS NOT THE ISSUE.

I challenge ANY dealer to send me the parts BMW has known were bad for months for my 09 WR125.

here, I'll make it EZ for you...

WR 125 USA 8000H2039 Power valve left 1
    WR 125 USA 8000H2040 Power valve right 1
    WR 125 USA 800083049 Valve cover gasket 1
    WR 125 USA 800082469 Front sprocketZ12 1
    WR 125 USA 8000H2116 Complete exhaust 1
    WR 125 USA 8000H2117 Silencer 1
    WR 125 USA 800069113 Silent block 1
    WR 125 USA 8000H1923 Engine mounting bracket right 1
    WR 125 USA 8000H1924 Engine mounting bracket left 1

This can be accomplished by placing and order through HuskyDealerSpeed.net.

And here's a kicker for you, the dealers get to eat this and wait for reimbursement...

"To be eligible for reimbursement, the cost of the required parts must be claimed under warranty after the work has been completed."
  3. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    :thumbsup:
  4. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is really a big screw up on Huskys part. If they would have communicated the problems earlier at least people would not have done things like sell two perfectly working Huskys to buy a bike that needs unavailable parts.

Is this problem only with the WR? If so and the CR does not have the problems what parts are different? I wonder if CR parts could be used to fix a WR? Or if someone knows exactly what the flaw is can a competent engine builder fix the existing parts? Of course owners of a new bike should not have to do any of this but with the current situation I wonder if there is a work around.
  5. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    All to often I have heard this...:banghead:

This is of coarse another favorite often heard.:thumbsdown:
  6. I've got to get out of this thread. I don't want to think too much on the potential for BMW to taint Husqvarna because I'll start thinking of / turning CafeHusky into just another BMW forum.

Here are the credentials of one of Husqvarna NA's senior leaders. If the spoiling of Husqvarna can be avoided, it'll be avoided. And if not, I'm not sure there's anybody more experienced to "keep it real". If that's the case, everything simply boils down to "business is business". And being big boys and girls, we can all go wherever we want to purchase our bikes that make us happy.

Cheers to all....see ya guys in the other threads.

M/C Industry Career Summary:
    • Factory Contracted Desert/Off-road Team Rider, Husqvarna Motor Corp 1973-1986
    • Regional Sales Mgr/Husky Products Mgr., Husqvarna Motor corp. 1982-1986
    • Desert/Off-road Racing Team Mgr, Husqvarna Motor Corp 1982-1986
    • Owner/President Harden Off Road Racing Schools/Professional Racing Services 1987-Present
    • Western Region Sales Mgr., KTM America, Inc 1988 -1993
    • National Marketing Director, KTM Sportmotorcycle USA, Inc 1993-2003
    • Desert /OffRoad Racing Team Mgr., KTM Sportmotorcycle USA, Inc. 1988-2003
    • Vice President of Media Relations, KTM North America 2003-Present
    • Red Bull KTM USA Dakar Team Mgr/Rider 2004-Present
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'm optimistic long term that is for sure.

Wait a minute! He is still working for the enemy! :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I wish the absolute best for Scot and husky through all this. I am sorry my frustrations have spilled over onto this site but also think it is healthy for BMW to understand their customers and importance going forward.
  9. 420skirider Husqvarna
    A Class

Man this is negative. Although, I can feel the pain and frustration of not being able to ride a new machine. The only reason I bought my Husky was BECAUSE they were bought by BMW. I don't want to own a bike that was built by a manufacturer that "skips" years of importing to the U.S.
  10. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Don't worry, your decision to purchase a Husqvarna was a good one and I'm sure you will have many trouble free miles with your new scoot.

BlipBlip :thumbsup:
  11. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I wouldn't exactly call it negative. I'm thinking it's more of a constructive criticism kind of thing. Everyone has very good points and I don't think the disgruntled Husky owners are off base in their critiques.
    If they weren't so passionate about the brand they probably would have moved on to something else by now. Passion is a good thing:thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many