1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Husqvarna WR125 or KTM 150XC

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firedog55, Jan 13, 2014.

1. firedog55 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 CR150
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yam WR450F, Tri. S3, BMW K12, VTR
    woodsrider-That's about the price break down I've been finding, from $5000-6000. Dealers seem to be holding out for a little more profit on the WRs, thinking there are less of them still available compared to CRs. KTM's holding up the XCs the same because the MSRP is lower on the SXs.
    woodsrider likes this.
  2. shrubitup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '00 TE610 (pretty much a WXE610)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg FE450, KTM 200EXC, Triumph
    Ya
    Ya the dealer I purchased from sold their new cr125 for $3650 before fees. My wr300 was 5500$ otd. They have had that TXC for so long you could easily expect $4500 otd. Peninsula Subaru also had a wr125 but they claimed their invoice price was over $6K.
    woodsrider likes this.
  3. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    After buying my wr150,my husaberg 450 4-stroke is gathering dust. These bikes in either cr or wr form are highly underrated by those that have not ridden one IMHO. Super easy to work on and reliable. The stock mikuni carb can be tempermental to deal with, I and others have installed a lectron carb and this has erased the only issue I had with my bike. Changing the gearing and putting on a fmf fatty pipe has made this bike one of my all-time favorites and I have owned many over the years. I was on the fence about buying it because of parts availability and reliability e.t.c. but this forum and it's great members convinced me to go for it over a year ago and I have no regrets. Parts are not a problem(if you ever need any!) and lots of help and advice available on this forum. Either cr or wr, go for it!:cheers:
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    those TXC511 are amazing bikes Ed.
    woodsrider likes this.
  5. bsh7680 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    04 PW 50, 08 KTM 50 JR Pro
    BUY the CR and put the 144 kit on it immediately and you will love the bike. I have a 12 CR 144 and love it, with the 144 kit you will not have any problems riding single track. The weight of the bike makes it awesome. Mine has plenty of low end for anything I have ridden here in the hils of TN. The 19 back tire has not been a problem at all and every part on both of my huskys have lasted alot longer that on my KTMs I used to have. I found a used WR tank for $100. I am about your size and the thing that has impressed me most is the suspension. Mine is stock, just a little clicking and it is great. BUY the CR!
  6. firedog55 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 CR150
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey guys, thanks for the advice. I pulled the trigger on a '14 CR125 from Halls in Springfield, Il. $4,399 OTD (includes the 144cc kit), I spanked my Visa until I can transfer some funds. Steve was great to work with, answered all my questions. Said I'll need a heavier spring on the Sachs shock, they'll put it on and set up the suspension when I pick it up for my weight. Steve said they've got the jetting squared away with the Mikuni, and a few other carb mods they do before it leaves the dealership. I'll find out. I'll post some pics when I get it. Might be a week or so cause the weather sucks between here and Springfield. Any recommendations for hand guards? I think I'll run it as a 125 for awhile. When I put the 144cc kit on it I'll go with the FMF fatty. An RMZ front fender, MotoSportz disc/radiator guards, black IMS tank, and DecalWorks graphics should be a good start. I feel like a 5 year old at Christmas. I convinced my wife what a good deal this was compared to a KTM!

Here it is:
    http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2014-Husqvarna-CR125-110980951

Graphics (switch the black and red):
    http://www.decalmx.com/designStudio.php?groupID=1&presetID=463
  7. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I have cycra pro-bend hand guards on my wr, they fit the bars well and are plenty stout. Congrats on the new bike:thumbsup:!
  8. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    Jealous for sure

If any dealer within 4 hrs had one I'd buy another.
  9. firedog55 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 CR150
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just pulled into the driveway with my new CR125, it was a 3 hr. drive in 10F weather. The guys at Halls were very helpful. I have a long list of upgrades in mind to turn this into a woods weapon, and they had most of parts in stock.

Here it is, a virgin.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

I'll post a new thread when I start with the upgrades.
  10. shrubitup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '00 TE610 (pretty much a WXE610)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg FE450, KTM 200EXC, Triumph
    them 125s look great!
  11. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Congrats on the Italian 125.
    There are very few things that would entise me to drive to St Louis this time of year, but that would do it!
  12. LAHuskyrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    1983 Maico 490, 2013 KTM 300 XC-W
    Congrats! I picked one up from Hall's last month. Steve and the crew there are awesome. I am also transforming mine into a woods bike. So far I have a 38mm Lectron, FMF fatty/turbincore, 6.0 rear spring, .46 fork springs and have had the forks revalved. I rode one ride on it before the fork revalve and had a blister on my thumb from the beating my hands took even with the compression adjusters way out. I plan to try it this weekend with the revalved forks. Other than the overly stiff forks, the bike felt great in the woods. The biggest suprise to me was that I didn't stall it once. I did a loop on my 310R and stalled it 3 times on the same 13 mile loop. The Lectron carb and FMF exhaust are a great combo IMO. It pulls up on the pipe easily even with my 210 lbs on the poor thing.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I've been busy turning Blakes 2013 into a fire breathing 165 with a HGS pipe. Added lots of goodies. If it didn't just dump gobd of snow we would be out riding them.

[IMG]
  14. LAHuskyrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    1983 Maico 490, 2013 KTM 300 XC-W
    I plan on riding mine again this weekend as a 125. At some point the 144 kit will go on. Just want to get a little use out of the 125 bits.
    Its supposed to be in the 60s all weekend here. I feel a little bad for the 310R, it is a blast to ride and I have it all setup for me but the tiddler is new and such a hoot to ride.
    LandofMotards and woodsrider like this.
  15. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'd like to discontinue my account
    Blake has good taste in graphics! My 300 in pic below and am making the 165 a twin!

Attached Files: