1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc I can't find anything better than my WR250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by letitsnow, Sep 5, 2010.

1. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    My buddies KTM 300 e-start does the same thing... It's good for grinding but not starting... Another has the same bike and his has worked fine... :excuseme:
  2. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    I used to race a 2006 Honda TRX450ER. I know all about estart problems and am not afraid. :thumbsup:
  3. haulin husky7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 txc310, 2000 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 TM 300en, 93 KLX650R, 1975 XR75
    I love my 2000 wr250 its a great bike, but the only bike I love more is my 2009 wr250.
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    My 04 is great, gets the most riding of my Huskys. Wish it had a 6 speed though. I don't know why I would ever sell it , so maybe it'll get another gear someday.:)
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I had to sell or thought I had to sell my 02 CR250 ... Wish I still had it ...
  6. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    *Hijack ON*

Don't know much about the starting issues w/ an '06 TRX, but I used to have an '03 Husaberg FE400. The intent of the stock starter motor must have been for ballast 'cause that's about all it was good for. Had to replace it with a starter motor from an Yamaha R6...

*Hijack OFF*

But yes, there are times when due to my 5'7" frame kickin' the bike is a *bit* rough... However, kickin' over my 250 is a breeze, but we don't have many hills in these parts...
  7. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    The starter motor on the TRX was the only part that worked. The battery, one way bearing, and all other related parts are crap. The bad news is that the kicker model wasn't much better - one time my kicker kicked back and busted the cases. I am happy to have switched to 2 wheelers now... :thumbsup:
  8. twobanger Husqvarna
    A Class

Like my 2000 WR250 as well, i always thought i would get a TE450 or 510 to relace it, but after doing plenty of kays on it i think i have grown attatched to the old girl.
    Have done plenty of single trail on a mates 09TE510,GG300 and WR450 (yawn) but still impressed by the WR.
    As for the E-start, definately times when you get jeleous of the push button blokes just restarting there hill climbs but......lack of mod cons means you just have to commit to making those hills so you don't have to muck around starting.
  9. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    I had another weak moment today and almost went to Heinens to buy a new 2008 TXC250 for $4000. It is on ebay...

I think that I am just addicted to buying stuff ??? :excuseme:
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    You won't be sorry for sending you suspension to LTR. I just did that with the Ohlins on my GasGas and while the shock and forks were there I cleaned and greased everything I could get to. Now it feels like a new bike and Les hit the set up perfectly. Once my new Huskey is broke in I will do the same thing with it. When you get your suspension back you will be able to go faster.
  11. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    I haven't sent my suspension to LTR yet. With help from a sponsor of mine I was able to switch shims around in the bottom stack, switch to 3wt oil & the forks are pretty good now. I still might send the suspension to LTR, but my lack of training and my diet are the only things slowing me down right now...
  12. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I think the 2011 TXC 310 will be another winner like these bikes you're mentioning. Glenn Kearney is doing really well on it in the GNCC since switching. BTW, I think the last GNCC race is this weekend.