1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st I just ordered a Revloc Dyne Ring from Motosportz

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Anthony_1978, May 26, 2010.

1. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

From what I have found out, yes you can use the clutch to brake on a hill without the motor running but you have to ajust it at the perch to do that and then ajust it again when you get to the bottom for it to function again.
    Not the best way, but it will work.
  2. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok i installed my Dynaring within an hour of collecting the parcel from the post office and though the instructions could do with a few pictures but after a having installed a rekluse in my KTM 2 stroke, i found it a lot easier.

Compared to the rekluse system there is no need to stuff around with tungsten balls and tiny screws. there is no measuring gap between clutch plates either, using two feeler guages :thumbsup: its all self contained in the 'dyna ring'.

Adjustments are made using the clutch cable and lengthing via the engine side adjuster and clutch perch :applause:

the bad points

I took my bike for a two hour ride to my favourite track in the otways. The clutch feel was quite a bit harder than usual as the dynaring needs a tight cable for it to work. by backing off the cable you are suposed to be able to 'bump start', i tried three times without success, it started getting dark so i gave up :thumbsdown:

i'm going to will try and lengthen the engine side adjusted on the clutch cable and reduce the perch length for the next ride, and see if it works :thumbsup:

the good
    Thought the dyna ring was a great improvments to my WR250, the bottom-end remained great and i could ride the bike in a higher gear letting the auto clutch take out the need to 'fan' the clutch.

cornering was better and smoother. compared to my KTM250 with a rekluse the Dynaring had heaps better response.

The highlight of my first test ride was riding allong and going through an average bog hole and the bike sinking like a submarrine and getting thrown off.The bike was still in third gear:doh: but i easily managed to open the throtle and walk it out.

i'll post some pics and the submarine vid :cheers:

The dyna ring came with extra springs, has anyone used them?
  3. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have a Hebo universal on my WR250 and it works great!
  4. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    My main question about the (any) auto clutch is this - How long will the clutch plates last?

I often times lug my WR250 down lower than I probably should. If I have an auto clutch, the clutch will slip when I do this making my exit a bit faster, but also wearing the clutch plates.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I was told if you keep up with the adjustment and don't pull way to high of a gear the plates will last as long if not longer than normal. The rekluse pro I had on my Honda 450R showed very little wear after a year of riding.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Because the autoclutch engauges at low RPM and is never slipping at higher RPM (and under a lot more power) I have actually found they last a LONG time. Not an issue IMHO.
  7. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here's some pics

remove gear lever

[IMG]

[IMG]

remove clutch cover

[IMG]

[IMG]

Remove clutch Hub

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

clutch Hub out

[IMG]
  8. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Remove all plates

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

then swap standard steel plates with the ones supplied
    after soaking in trans oil

[IMG]

[IMG]

first is a steel plate

[IMG]

then a friction plate

[IMG]

then steel

[IMG]

follow instructions and then install 'dyna ring'

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

then per instructions install the rest of the plates

i had two spare friction plates and all the existing steel plates once fully installed

[IMG]

re-install hub
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

re-install clutch cover

[IMG]

and gear lever
    [IMG]

adjust cable from engine side first then at clutch perch
    per instructions:thumbsup:
  9. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

10. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    Thanks for sharing your opinion. After watching your video I notice that you are either on or off the gas. I am on/off the gas more often and that is what concerns me. When you let off the gas, the clutch disengages, then will have to engage again for each stab of the throttle-I just can't imagine that holding up to my riding style... Maybe I'll let you guys abuse it for a year before I try one...
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Does not work like that, you have full engagement and compression braking it is not engaging and disengaging in that circumstance. Only when the motor drops to idle does it disengage.
  12. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

i was a bit skeptical too but the clutch does not un-engage when your off the throttle with a rekluse or dynaring, i still have engine braking whilst the engine is running i.e down hills.

i've abused my rekluse z-start on my ktm for a year and its still looks new. I have heard of damage being caused by auto-clutches but thats only when too tall a gear is used like third to get up gnarly hills

here's what i mean this is a slippery downhill using a rekluse which is very similar + left hand rear brake. at the start i give it a bit of throttle to engage and the revs come up then as it gets steeper and slippery, it just coasts down. the vid was taken two weeks ago in the victorian highlands (Melbourne, Australia)

watch in 720HD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_jhmxxDGDA
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So I take it you like it Anthony? How does the clutch lever feel when you do try and use it? Hey thanks for posting up the install when I pick up a 09 WR250 I think I want one of these for it. BTW great videos.
  14. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

thanks for watching, the clutch was heavy before installing the dyna-ring, and now its definitely heavier again. the revloc requires that you extend the perch and engine side of the clutch cable for it to work. yes i like the dyna ring, especially because its $200US cheaper than the rekluse version and easier to install :)

i don't care about the clutch heaviness as there is no need for it unless i want to launch the front wheel over a big log. no need to hold the clutch for gear changes, just a blip of the throttle as i gear up/ down :thumbsup:
  15. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Cool sounds like It will be my second mod. I haven't had a chance to ride a WR250 but it sure sounds and looks like it has some pull.
  16. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I love my WR250, heaps quicker than my KTM250

i just hate the peeling stickers
    i got to order some impregnated shrouds next :excuseme:
  17. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great videos! That's some greasy @$$ stuff. The clutch sounds fine and looks to perform like it should.
  18. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is my friend "dirtgirl" without an auto clutch :doh::doh::doh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhNXUL4T4Ls
  19. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

20. WVdag Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250 W/300 kit, 2013 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1987 Harley FXLR 10th year edition
    RayRay
    The greasy steep, tight down hills were the reason that I was most interested in it. I can use the back brake all I want, skid the back wheel and ride the front brake what ever and not worry about killing the motor or using the clutch lever. I love it!