I keep hearing rumors about Husky's new 2t line

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by DVXC, Dec 2, 2011.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    My big question and disappointment is always, why with all the great ideas/know how/pro-experience etc etc etc we have, do we have to wait for Italy or Spain (at present) to build cool simple new machines? What happened here in the US all we do is talk about the the best solutions anymore. my 2 cents.

start here for brain storming sesh,,,, mfgrs still build aircooled 2T for the karting world, but it looks like only in 100cc size
    http://dpowerracingengines.com/engines.html

Also see the Motosportz RMZ chassis-air hammer IT465 Yamaha project

I agree with the 2 of our most respected veterans (ISDE and and pro enduro comp vets), throw some new tech out the window and build a reasonably priced standard dim ala' Yam/Hus/Hon/KTM etc etc CrMo chassis, Al subframe, Air cooled 2T with modern suspension, ignition, maybe even have a temp sensor/input that can adjust the ignition for cyl head temp under various load/heat conditions (that would be the most modern hi tech thing on the bike). Build it in a 200cc-400cc zone maybe 300cc would be optimum. Use existing old school R&D, like the port specs from a 1970s Husky or Maico to get that long pull easy to ride anywhere (low physical energy) smooth torque response. Use the suppliers that supply the OEMs and use pre-existing components including seats tanks and all the running gear, good quality but no need for the very top line stuff (it doesnt make any of us faster anyway, dont kid yourself)
    Thats my 3cents right there. (wait a sec sounds alot like the ATK406 I had in the ealy 90s) Thats the idea!!
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Emissions is driving this. It is mandatory for Europe in 2015. No one wants more complex more expensive bikes but that's the price you pay for incrementally extending life on earth.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  4. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've thought the same thing- Here's a possibility:

Go to Husky and say- "We want to buy a whole bunch of WR125 chassis, without the engine, tank, rads & conveyors". Source a redesigned tank from Acerbis/Clarke etc and A.C. motor/trans from Rotax & pipe from? . Assemble & sell. Done.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ( I am being very US centric here, thats stated for our other nationality cafe members)
    I just cant get it off my mind, how does a comany operating out of a factory the size of my friends garage, design, manufacture and sell these amazing things, and not only in moto but in world championship winning kart motors as well. http://www.tmracing.it/

Are we just past that stage in our innovation/production manufacturing evolutionary life as a society???

The only US made item on the list so far is Clarke tank........ok and maybe IMS tank
    by the way I think that Husky sources those chassis from Verlicchi Spa or another such frame builder.
  6. dirttracker1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    my10tc250,my12cr144,my12tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr50,minienduro60,Gt80
    those 100 to 230cc. aircool are the best all around practice bikes,pit bikes,there is a market for them inexpensive bike
  7. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    :popcorn:I would agree with Robertaccio with regards to the good old USA producing a dirt bike, we would outsource to slave labor anyway. Those builders in Spain and Italy have a passion for the product, ours is profit only. The air cooled idea with modern suspension and 2 sizes to choose from would be perfect. DI or FI is not necessary it just makes things more complex and harder to fool with, I would like to have my old 250wr from 1979 or the Maico 400cc still today, the only thing that has changed is the price. Well except for 12 inches of travel, but otherwise they still handle the way all my Husky's have handled and you can still scare yourself.
  8. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Product liability and federal rules regarding parts etc... are a huge obstacle that is why a lot of small euro companies do not mess with the US market, just too much BS.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Also, for whatever reason (that must be written down somewhere) ... companies do not usually revert back to previous models, technologies ... It almost always has to be new and improved to sell ... I think it almost goes back to the $ aspect of business...