1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc I kick and kick and kick

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by no e-button, Nov 13, 2011.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The WR360 is even more of a bear to start. It is imperative to find tdc and then give it a thorough drubbing towards the rear axle from a position over the bars. On a side note since I installed a RB designs PWK38 from a KTM380, starting has become a single kick if you mean it proposition:thumbsup:. Nothing like the lazy, rest your foot on the kick starter motion of a tiddler. I would send any carb, mikuni or PWK to RB designs for their treatment if I had a WR300.
    TROFFER88 likes this.
  2. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    [IMG]

Did you take care of all this? Mine wouldn't start well until the starter air jet was swapped.
    john01 likes this.
  3. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    I sure didn't get that manual when I bought my new WR300.
  4. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    hogwackr likes this.
  5. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    THANK YOU GIANTJOE!
  6. Joedints Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300 13 WR125 81 WR430 82 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZR7-S
    does this also apply to 2011 WR300 in the US also????
  7. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    Yup. Mine came with a 5.0 slide and my dealer called and said there was a recall on the early 11's. It had the same jets except a 4.0 slide and a 80 start jet.
  8. jbankes Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR144
    "Usually"is the key word here.
  9. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    It's been good since I changed the pilot to a 40. No recent "fits" :notworthy:
  10. no e-button Husqvarna

11. no e-button Husqvarna

I have a thumb drive and a paper manual..and I don't see this anywhere. Where did you find it?
  12. Joedints Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300 13 WR125 81 WR430 82 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZR7-S
    Follow the link above (post #24), it is the manual for a 2009/2010, that is why I asked if this procedure applied to the 2011 also, as it is not listed in that manual (as far as I know)

Friday I'm going to try to head to the dealer and find out what was done to the carb prior to when I picked it up, he stated it was rejetted before I got it.
  13. Acmesalute76 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR250
    This is awesome, I've been wondering what to do with that bag of jets I have, but I have the wrong needle for the 250...anyone know where to get one?
  14. muggsy Husqvarna
    A Class

Check out how Adam Riemann starts his WR250 in this vid. He kinda' slaps the kicker with his foot, I got into this habit with my WR and it makes starting a lot easier !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO-cPpoOdmA
  15. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Cool, I'll have to give that a shot when my bikes back in one piece.
  16. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have seen that done too but it is hard on the kickstarter pawls and gears. Not a good idea.
  17. Jeff Collins Husqvarna
    A Class

What Carb and Jetting are you running. I too have a 2011 WR 300 and mine is also hard starting when cold. I have a PWK 38mm with a 38 pilot and 168 main. I started leaving the petcock in the on position between rides and it seems to help with the cold starts. I am new to 2 strokes and this jetting is complicated to me. I don't have anything to compare to so I can't tell if I'm running lean or rich. It seems to be blubbery at low end rpms, but I love some feed back on jetting. Also I am using Amsoil intercepter 50:1.
  18. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Don't throw stones at me but....I'm glad I didn't get a 250/300 Husky. I hate a bikes that are hard to start! My 144 Husky starts like a champ. On the RB tip, I'll second that. We sent my sons 2011 TM 250 MX carb and head to Ron and it's a unreal how much better the bike runs everywhere.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Jet it right and learn to kick it and they are no big deal. When cold turn the gas and chock on, lean the bike over till gas runs out the overflow. Then put the bike in second gear and rock it back and forth so you can here the motor rolling over a little. This loads the crank case and usually starts 1-2 kicks when cold out.
    giantjoe likes this.
  20. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    well, bought my 2011 wr 300 a few weeks ago and had the same starting issues ,bring it back to the dealer ,dealer rejjetted the carb , bike started fine cold and WILL NOT restart hot pushed it out of the woods! just bought a PKW went out in the woods today , bike gets hots and will not start !!! 2nd time this POS had to be pushed out