1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc I kick and kick and kick

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by no e-button, Nov 13, 2011.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    If you have a PWK with a #7 slide, go to a 45 pilot, 1.5 on the air screw, a N3VE in the #2 slot from the top slot and a 162 main for 45F+ @ sea level to 3000'. If you have a #6 slide try a N3VF needle. These are needles from the 1999 Yamaha YZ250 parts list that can be had from anyone that handles OE Yamaha parts.

I also suggest a "race" head, from Husky and always put the bike in neutral when trying to start it.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Check your coil and other stuff, thats not right. Something else it up. these really are not hard starting bikes.
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Go PWK or keep swearing;=)! The best needle i had in the Mikuni was 6DEY15-74. That one combined with a 40 pilot at around 0-15 degrees Celsius was quite good and the bike was much smoother than with the "GAY" needle. I used it in 2nd slot at the temps above.

Johnny
  4. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    pkw , mikuni, 871 blower with twin holleys ! doesn't matter the bike will not restart when hot , bike seems to have a weak ignition when hot .going back to the dealer again tomorrow. i haven't owned this bike for 1 month and nothing but trouble and humiliation from team orange
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That sucks brad. I hope the dealer figures it out for you. Good luck and keep us posted on what they find please.
  6. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well it would suck, but if you read this guys earlier posts elsewhere it isnt all that surprising!
  7. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    so i call the dealer today to inform them that the non starting (hot) issue still persists. i inquired about getting a wiring diagram to diagnosis and repair the issue myself ( i prefer to work on all my bikes myself) and have the dealer supply me the parts.turns out that Husqvarna has no dedicated service info, wiring info etc or flow chart with electrical parameters available for the wr300. a have no choice but to make the 50 haul and drop them the bike. hopefully they can figure it out. but what happens down the road when the bike takes a dump and i have no service info?
  8. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
  9. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    thanks ! great for parts info and ID but not a wiring diagram. gonna send the bike off to the dealer in the let them worry bout it
  10. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

I have an 07 with stock carb, 4 slide, JD kit, Gnarly pipe and Turbine 2 and my bike starts and runs great. I have a friend who had a 11 WR300 and couldn't start it but if i tried no problem, he put the PWK on it made it better for him and put a Gnarly on it and made it even easier.
  11. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oh i can start it no problem, but after it gets hot it will not fire, you can kick it till youre heal wears out ! its at the dealer now( 2nd time in the two weeks i owned it ) wait and see
  12. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    It's too rich, hold it WFO and kick it hard. Turn the bars to the left, lean forward and aim your heel at the rear axle.

It's not a 125
  13. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes the dealer said it was too rich !!! picked it up today and going riding tomorrow .ill let you know how it does
  14. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    OK, bikes running great starts 3 or 4 kicks cold, two or three wheN hot ( maybe a tad rich still?? ) going through a long water crossing about a foot or so deep the bike cut out about 30 feet in . opened the stator cover and saw condensation ,anyone have this problem?? took 30 mins of kicking to start it then it was fine all day !!! BTW the tires that come with this bike new SUCK !!!
  15. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    condensation wont keep it from starting.
  16. Enmerdeur Husqvarna
    AA Class

Probably caused by your carb vents getting submerged. You should run one vent tube from each side of the carb up under the tank. At least Keihin carbs have 2 vents per side. Not sure about the Mikunis. I do this on all my bikes before I even ride the them.
  17. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    [
    so it could have sucked water through the vents ?
  18. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    hi Braddenning, my advice is to take off the carb check float level, needle mid position, change out pilot down two sizes, clean everything.take off magneto cover spray with water dispersant check ignition position.start bike choke on air screw out 1.5 no throttle.now warm bike up move air screw for best idle throttle response if your out more than 2 turns you need a smaller pilot less than 1 means bigger.now kill bike and start when warm, should start first kick try kicking backward rather than down.
  19. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    ill check all that, the kicking technique ...well i got that down pat. BTW i have the idle screw turned all the way in to get a normal idle, i have the clip on the needle all the way up meaning the the needle is dropped as low as it can go. any higher and i cant start it when hot.
  20. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    My '09 300 was a 1-2 kick starter every time... every time... hot or cold. I read these posts about hard starting WR 300's and shake my head in disbelief. Either the bike's jetting is severely F'd up, the rider can't kick it properly, or the new ignition is porked. I kick my 125 more than I ever kicked my 300.
    shawbagga likes this.