I love this time of year (pix)

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    the husky WR125 has the odd ability to scratch and crawl up anything and do so off the powerband. It will lug up a hill like a good 250 2 smoke but with less power. I'm finding it a veritable billy goat in the technical hill climbs and have absolutely no issues tackling the really ugly technical climbs. I have out climbed 200/250 and 450's with this bike. You will not win any uphill races but it will climb anything. the light weight really helps here as well. Not finding any major limits with this bike like you might think there is. The time you loose to the bigger bikes speed wise on hill climbs you get back (and more) when things flatten out or head down hill, then it's all 125 time. :thumbsup:

Loving the 09 WR125 on the tight steep and gnarly stuff. :thumbsup:
  2. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Thanks for the 125 description. Sounds GREAT!! I'm trying to decide on my new bike and having a hard time. So now I need a TE450, a WR300... AND a WR125.

Think I can get that bill through the house committee?
  3. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Naaa....Just the WR-125. :thumbsup:

That's all the bike a guy needs...:D

:cheers:
  4. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    I've been loving my WR125 on the two rides I've had it on. Suspension was really harsh at first but after only 100 miles or so it's loosening up already. I can't say I fully agree with Kelly on it's technical climbing prowess, I'd say better than most bikes but my CR500 with a Rekluse and steering damper makes easy work of boulder filled hillclimbs that I struggle with a bit on the WR, keeping it up on the powerband, slipping the clutch like mad. As long as you don't lose your speed on the climb from getting bounced around it's great but if you do it's a little tough to get back. I figure it will make me a better rider in the long run and it makes some climbs that are downright boring on my CR500 a nice challenge which I enjoy.

All in all it will make an excellent choice for Gifford rides once the fuel situation is sorted out, I think I may be running a bit rich on the needle as I am running out of gas even faster than Kelly is. I have ridden the bike twice, and run it out of gas twice :( Lucikily the second time I had two bottles of gas in my back pack as I had anticipated needing them.

Whose idea was it to make a bike so easy and fun to ride that you want to go for six hour rides and then give it a tank that runs out in under two hours? Oh well, I will have that sitation resolved soon one way or another and look forward to putting some serious miles on it. I was absolutely amazed after 90 miles on it at the Timekeeper Enduro that I felt up to riding another 50 miles afterwords. That may not mean much to some people but those who have ridden with me know I usually start to struggle with my endurance after a few hours, this was almost six hours straight of riding and I was ready for more. Hard to put a price on that.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I totally agree. Takes a little more metal power but much less physical. I have a lot more energy at the end of a long day. The lack of top heavy feel and not needing to always real it back in when it get out of hand is wonderful. Also don;t over look that the little power is not constantly making you do pull-ups.

As for the fuel issue, yeah, you ran out a good 5-7 miles before i did. You have the 35 pilot I have a 32.5, i bet your bike would run crisper with the 32.5 and get better mileage as well.

Look forward to ripping it up again bro :cheers:
  6. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    Soon, my hamstring is feeling better every day and I think I'll be ready to ride by Saturday.