1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc I need help

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Roberto, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Roberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF250X
    okay, no problems
  2. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Hope this file makes it.

Attached Files:

Roberto, johnnyboy and juicypips like this.
  3. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    No need to undo the crank shaft nut but if you do it is a LEFT HAND THREAD !! The manual does state this but just pointing it out just in case you miss it,
  4. Roberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF250X
    Hello friend, thank you for your help.
    Would you send the complete file
  5. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    thats the ticket and does look very similar to how mine is.
    so if you dont understand the black an white view this is how mine looks,
    first drain the oil and water.
    un bolt your gear lever and undo the clutch cast not the 6 bolts but the 8 or so that hold the clutch cover to the engine this should come away freely with water pump gear attatched and your powervalve operating gear, now be careful hear as there may be a small metal washer stuck to the end of these. keep em safe.
    take the clutch hub bolts out 6 of em and remove the springs washers and actuator mushroom, put these on a plastic bag.
    you should now look like this [IMG]

so what i do is i bash the lock tabs that hold the 27mm clutch nut down and grab my impact driver i didnt keep the pressureplates in but i would recommend that you do as your less likly to slice your hand as you undo the nut.
    [IMG]

then you lift the clutch hub away from the basket [IMG]

there is a thick splined washer that locks the basket to the shaft twist and remove this, the basket should just pull off and there are two needle rollers that mine run on Be careful not to drop these as theyre a pain to clean.

[IMG]
    this is what it should look like, it may be different slightly im not familiar with 125's. the only thing holding my selector fork to my case at this point is the two vertical spring arms straight above the circlip on the image, i priyed these away with a flat screwdriver then removed.

[IMG]

not sure if that pic worked as it was upside down,
    the shaft is now free and you can put in the replacment.

i hope this helps and i am sorry if its made you more confused as wallybean mentioned they are different.

good luck and dont be afraid to ask questions.
    Roberto likes this.
  6. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09

LOL, I thought I was the only nut who works on his bike in the house on the persian rug! :lol:
    Dirtdame, 454x and juicypips like this.
  7. Roberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF250X
    Thanks for your help juicypips feel that you are a good person and is trying to help me.
    Ja Cosmokenney if you do not help, do not abuse the good faith of those who want to help me.
  8. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    36MB file. Too big to upload onto Cafe Husky. Send me an email and I will try to upload it on another server for you.
    Roberto likes this.
  9. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    He was making a joke but not at you. All is good.
  10. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09

I don't have enough experience to help in this case. I just thought it was funny that he's got an open case on what appears to be an very nice rug. I assumed he's working inside the house, which is something I do -- especially now that I'm not married anymore, and it's 26 degrees at night in the garage. No harm intended.
    454x likes this.
  11. Roberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF250X
    I apologize for my misunderstanding, forgive me.
    Sometimes I confuse things a bit and I'm translating everything kkkkkkk:lol:
    454x and flyingbob like this.
  12. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    its all good:p , yeh its indoors i rebuilt my kmx in the front room too have pics somwhere, no problem with help i just hope it does give you a clue and not confuse more.

p.s. it was a nice rug before i spilt paint from on it.
  13. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    As long as it's clear that the 360 is very different from the 125. The general idea is the same, but a lot is different. Even a 360 from a new 300, although they are very similar engines, there are a lot of differences in the shift mechanism. But the fact that on a 25/300/360 this can all be done from the left-hand side of the engine might be a bit confusing when translating it over to the more common right-side clutch with a left-side shifter.

I've not had a 125 apart before, but with it being a right-side clutch and a left-side shift, it might be worthwhile to look at the procedure for a Japanese 125 or a KTM 125/200. The KTMs tend to have very good documentation, where the Huskies do seem to lack. The Japanese bikes probably have the most video and documentation available.

My main pointers with any work are:
    1. Do not force anything. If you're forcing something, you're doing it wrong.
    2. Pay attention to what you're doing.
    3. Do not get in a hurry.
    4. Be organized. Put parts and bolts in plastic baggies to keep things from rolling off, and so you know where they need to go.
    5. Try to do the job in one stretch without distractions. It will be fresh in your memory that way.

As you pull off the cover, you'll see the end of the shaft that turns the shift drum, and that the clutch will need to be removed to pull the shaft through. Once you get in there, you should see how everything goes together and understand it a bit better.

For this, as a first time job, be safe and give yourself a 2-3 hours. If you've never removed a clutch before, and do not have an impact wrench, then check out Rekluse's website. They have installation videos, the Core models include the removal of the stock clutch.

You'll likely need these tools:
    8mm T-tool
    27mm socket with impact wrench
    snap ring pliers (may not need these on this model)
    juicypips likes this.
  14. Roberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF250X
    paid by all councils