1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc I need my CR 125 quieter

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dfeckel, Mar 22, 2010.

1. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    Understand. I love the forum, and don't want to create any problem.
  2. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Zombie thread back from the dead!

The bike that needed to be quieter is long gone. My '12 WR 165 is quiet enough with the TC 2. Yeah, that KTM Q silencer is STILL on my shelf. It's one more piece of junk for those pickers guys to rifle through when they finally knock on my door.
    wallybean, Jersey Woods and Coffee like this.
  3. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV

I think the TC 2 will be the way I go for my WR 150. And if your waiting for the picker dudes to come knocking on your door, you better have a place that looks like Sanford and Son. I guess I showed my age with that 70's show reference :eek:
  4. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've been asking around about the db snorkel and a guy mentioned last he spoke to the guy who owned the company, they would do a run of 100 if they had the orders. If I can get in touch with him and that materializes, I'll start a new thread to try and get that number for them here and on a few other bike forums.
  5. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    I'd be intrested in one. Can sneak up on more game.
  6. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I agree. My otherwise AWESOME 144 hurts my ears. By the end of the day, they are a-ringin'. I got it used with a Leo Vince SA on it. Very trick looking, but loud. Recently I bought the whole Husky Parts PC pipe and 304 SA. It's actually a bit quieter than the LV even though it's smaller. Go figure. Still, it's louder than either my KTM 200 or 380, at least in "rider ear pain factor." It seems to have very loud intake noise, with a lot of the perceived noise coming from under the seat. I think I'll need to put some padding/soundproofing of some sort in there. Our rides are typically all day long, as we have to drive fairly far to get to the trails... gotta make the day count! And I'm pretty shell-shocked by the end of the day. Ear plugs? Ya, might have to do that, too.
  7. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV

I ride with them most times on the days I ride a long time. I use the disposable kind because they are comfortable and don't take up any room in my helmet. I just roll them up and insert them in my ears. They cut down the DB's a lot. I buy the same type we use on the rail road because I know they will protect your hearing.
  8. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I got a reply from the db Snorkel guys, no way to get a new batch. This poor guy was put thru the ringer by everything from storms in Japan to our US government, think Tea Party and IRS type stuff! Unreal. Anyway, the tooling has probably been scrapped by now and it just isn't going to happen. Shame, the ones I've heard were very effective.