1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Idaho Single track video

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by husky300, Aug 23, 2010.

1. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
  2. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Stanley ? Warm Springs trail ?
  4. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    Pine/Featherville: Green Creek + Crosscut trail up to the Trinity lakes. August 14 2010. 20 miles up and 20 down of that type of trail. Got to love Idaho.
  5. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Think a bit closer to home (Boise) East side of Trinity Mtn, parts of cross cut trail

......and thanks for sharing husky300. I've only had time to get out for 3 short desert rides earlier this year, so it was nice to see the mtn trails again.
  6. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

This spot in the last video look familiar?

(That WR300 looks a lot more rider friendly and fun on those trails that my TE510)

Attached Files:

7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    :thumbsup:All you guys up north have the nicest looking scenery and trails.
  8. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    I can't comment on the 510 I hear it is a great bike but I did have a TC450....& all I can say is that I definitely prefer 2T's. And good call on identifing the trail.
  9. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

those are the easiest trails in idaho, and some of the most heavily used. we have tight, technical, scenic stuff also. :cheers:

;)

we were on our way back from baumgartner (posted a ride report and pics on ktmtalk's ride report section http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=398310) and saw a bunch of guys loading up at the bottom of green creek, but all i saw were ktm's. we went the other direction, out towards sun valley
  10. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Looks like good stuff!
    I'd love to spend some quality time there.

What part of the state are those trails located in?
  11. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

2 hrs from boise, between the towns of pine, featherville and prairie.

there's several hundred miles of singletrack in the vicinity, most of it more rustic and primitive.
  12. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    East of Boise, North of Mountain Home. South of Frank Church. Look for Anderson Reservoir.
  13. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Thanks!

Will be heading that direction next Spring and am trying to sort out where to go.
  14. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
  15. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

Friday we rode out towards atlanta and came back on one of the shake creek alternates, ending up in featherville.

Saturday we did the ride documented on ktmtalk.

sunday we just did a short ride, up van gulch, down camp creek, up bigwater over the summit to jumbo, then down skunk creek and conant to the road, then tresa went back to camp and i went back up conant, cut over to skeleton and down jumbo/little-water. Everything was in good shape.

Not much there is rideable until june, and the good stuff not until mid-july. If you come in july, let me know and i'll try to get away and show you around, or at least hook you up with some good advice.
  16. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    Thanks for the info that gives me more options for this weekend. I will have to look into the Van Gulch loop, I have not been on it for 3+ years, and never riden skeleton but hear it is a goo trail. The link you listed for the ride takes you to the ktm site but it looks to have been removed.
  17. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just so you know, there are a few rocks in the nearby area (pic 1) so a good skid plate is helpful and some trails can get a bit tight (trail in front of camera bag pic 2).

Also, (reluctantly shown in 3rd pic ) even in full riding gear, rock/trees can be a little rough on the body if you make a stupid rookie riding error while looking at the scenery more than where you're suppose to be going. Although my riding "buddies" seemed go a good laugh out of it....for months

Attached Files:

18. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Up Skeleton, stay left, and down Willow is a scenic +/-35 mile loop.
    That rocky picture above was taken about half way down Willow......and this attached pic (shown on Uptite Husky site) was taken headed up Skeleton

Attached Files:

19. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

you have to be a ktmtalk member to view any threads there. :(

skeleton is an ok trail, but it's the easiest trail in the area, and also a main connector/access route, so it gets overused and even has whoops on it.

We're thinking about riding the trinities this weekend, staging from prairie.
  20. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    From prairie so you are taking lava mtn up bear hole?