1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Idaho Single track video

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by husky300, Aug 23, 2010.

1. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

probably wouldn't even bother crossing the road to bear hole.

maybe recreate the pajama ride, and take lava mtn to the road, then roaring river, sheep mountain, wm pogue, sheep creek, rattlesnake out to the road, or maybe rattlesnake to bear gulch to lava to prairie.

Or maybe do it in the other direction and go down devils creek, up wm pogue, sheep mtn, roaring river, lava mtn back. Devil's creek is subject to deadfall tho, and we may only have 1 chainsaw in the group, so we might have to be flexible.
  2. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    Is that not the ride from hell you guys posted on the dirtbiker cronicels?
  3. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    Motosapiens.
    sorry if I offended you for that last post after looking at it I can see where it might had been taken wrong. It was a failed attempt at pointing out the humor in the dirt biker chronicals.
  4. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

i'm not familiar with the dirtbiker chronicals. link?

I know on a club ride I didn't go on (had just broken my leg), most of the group got back after midnight, and a couple stayed overnight on the trail. OTOH, tresa and I have done it alone or with smaller groups and been done by early afternoon. Its fun and scenic riding, with some technical spots, but very do-able if you start early and ride smart. :cheers:
  5. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    Yup! That sounds like the ride that was posted by them quite funny. There are other that are just as funny. http://www.usdirtbiker.com/dirt/?p=23
  6. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

ok that site, i know the guy that runs that. he was on the birthday ride in fact (saturday birthday). I missed the 'pajama ride' because 5 weeks before my femur was sticking out through my skin, but 5-6 weeks later we did the same loop in reverse and I went along on that trip. I had to carry a collapsible cane in my pack so I could walk when i wasn't sitting on the bike. There were only 6-7 of us, so we got back with plenty of time to spare. Big groups and long rides are always a dicey proposition.
  7. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    That's dedication to ridding. With my leg my head said I can ride but my body disagreed. Now are you still incharge of tvtm. And is this one of your annual rides?
  8. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

i'm still the president of tvtma. this is not an official club ride this weekend, but i did invite a couple guys.
  9. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    K the group I'm taking up still has not decided where to ride. Lava, hunter, or camp + bearhole. If I see another husky300 I will stop and say high.
  10. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

i'll be on the 200, since it's set up to carry a chainsaw. We're going to hit the ystop in prairie at 9:00 for breakfast. Planing on a 60-70 mile loop.
  11. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    We are meeting at the trailhead at 0930. This will be an exploration ride for us as we have never ridden that trail. So when you catch and pass us wave as you go by.:D
  12. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

which trailhead? we're probably just going to leave our truck in the corner of the parking lot of the y-stop and ride from there up strawberry creek to lava mtn (closer and more singletrack than going to the lava mtn trailhead near prairie). if you don't have a decent map, pm me your email address and i'll send y ou one.
  13. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    The map would be great I have a forest service map. I did not chose strawberry loop as I don't know how well it is marked "this is the trail head"
  14. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

well, we didn't stay the night, but we didn't get back to the truck until 6:30 or so. Turned out bear gulch trail had not been cleared, so we had alot of chainsaw work to do there. Better yet, I had stupidly removed my chainsaw tool from my toolpack, so as the chain wore and loosened, i had no way to tighten it up, so we started going over what we could. unfortunately lots of stuff was 2' off the ground and at an angle on a severe sidehill, so going around or over was not always an option.
  15. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here's a couple links to Idaho single Track riding I had emailed to me last week.

Almost went with some friends on this first one, but couldn't make......after seeing this, I'm not overly upset I missed the ride
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynGHl3CVsyI

This one I didn't think i knew where it was, then realized I road a lot of it back in the mid '80's a couple times (& fished the lakes)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qabvClpyVM8
  16. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    Knarley dude! Looks like a body slam? Wicked rocks, see stuff like that, I will just stick to the MX track...:excuseme:
  17. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    We ended up riding Lava stopping at both lakes, then took the road to the look out. At the look out the chipmunks got a bit daring at one time climbing up Karen’s pigtail. Then back the same way we came. That was a fun if not short trail. Not as many trees as I like but the views were wonderful.

Attached Files:

• s1.jpg
      s1.jpg
      File size:
      39.5 KB
      Views:
    • s2.jpg
      s2.jpg
      File size:
      45.5 KB
      Views:
    • s3.jpg
      s3.jpg
      File size:
      42.8 KB
      Views:
    • s4.jpg
      s4.jpg
      File size:
      50.1 KB
      Views:
  18. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    :eek::notworthy::eek::notworthy::eek::thumbsup: I think that sums up my fealings. Holy cow.
  19. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nah.....you can get really hurt mixing it up w/others bikes on MX tracks, matter of fact, a nephew just broke his collar bone last weekend at a MX race.

In my crash, I was worried I had broken my femur, but turned out to be more embarrassing than anything.
    I was watching my group ahead of me on some switchbacks. Let my handguard catch a big dead tree on the uphill side that hadn't been cut back quite far enough, which pitched me from the bike and basically did body slam me onto the downhill half of the tree. Bike followed hammering me into the tree.
    (pic I took only a couple minutes before crash shows similar smaller tree in front of bike.....could have been much worse w/o good gear)
    I was so pissed, I never thought to take a photo of me trapped under bike.

Attached Files:

20. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

This photo was taken a few years ago on the ride I (thankfully?) missed, by one of my friends on that same South Fork trail shown in the video.

Attached Files: