1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc idle hang??? wont go away

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Pinittowinit, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

The last video I think it might be good. What odd is the first video there is a hang. All I did is change the clip. I wasn't aware that you can clean up a hang by changing clip pos.

But the other day I had it way rich all over and it was hanging. So I'm confused on how I can lean it out and clean up an idle hang
  2. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Needle selection
  3. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

What are the top needles? I'll order a few
  4. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

What are the hot needles for this setup?
  5. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I had issues with the JD red. I have 09 wr300,head mod , pwk with RB mods , aftermarket silencer. My jetting for 0-2500 ft , 50:1 mix , non ethenol 92 super.

CEL # 2
    42 pj
    178 winter
    175 summer
  6. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just ordered a CEL. What issues did you have?
  7. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

ran lean, soft power
  8. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Finally got a chance to try the red clip 5. Lol what a joke it bogged Sao bad I couldn't power threw it. My Ktm buddy had some needles so I tried his red clip 2. Wow clean as can be. I have no idea what the ktm300 jd red converts to? Anyone know? I got a CEL on order ascwell since it seems to be a popular needle.
  9. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I measured the red and JD confirmed that it is really close to a CEQ
  10. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

The ktm300 red is close to a ceq? What about the red that comes with or pwk's?
  11. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

jd only makes two needles for a two stroke, they are all the same
  12. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

On the top of the red under the clip grooves how many lines are on the red you computed to be close to the ceq? My guess is 2. I have two different reds. One has 2 and the other 3. Te red that came with my pwk has 2 and if it converts to the ceq no wonder I was having lean issues. That diameter is almost as lean as you can get.. I tried the CEL yesterday and don't like it. The taper is too rich for my taste. So I'm gonna try the CEM or CEN. My guess us the red with 3 lines will convert over to a CEO-CEP
  13. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

On the top of the red under the clip grooves how many lines are on the red you computed to be close to the ceq? My guess is 2. I have two different reds. One has 2 and the other 3. Te red that came with my pwk has 2 and if it converts to the ceq no wonder I was having lean issues. That diameter is almost as lean as you can get.. I tried the CEL yesterday and don't like it. The taper is too rich for my taste. So I'm gonna try the CEM or CEN. My guess us the red with 3 lines will convert over to a CEO-CEP
  14. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

maybe Im missing something, but did you try the air screw/Idle screw adj. (didnt read anything here about the air screw) By turning the air screw too much will make the idle run on higher rpm for awhile.
    If you adjust the screw where you no longer have the rpm run on, and it wont idle, then you need to drop the clip on the needle valve. So adjust the screw 1 1/2- to 2 turns
    out, if it doesnt idle drop the clip one or two nothces. Your muffler packing will effect the idle too, if its all gucked up.

Needle effects idle and off idle running, as well as the airscrew, all other jetting doesnt do anything to the idle. So if we set the idle, airscrew, correctly, then move the needle clip
    is the way to go. We dont want to run any two st lean, so it needs to be a little fat all through the jetting. Again dont over look the packing in the muffler.

ohh, in the video's the bike idle seems a little slow, and I didnt hear any idle run on,
    and you didnt wack the throttle hard enough to clear the bit of oil on the spark plug.

Mike
  15. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah it's fixed. Current setting.
    Ktm300 red 3rd clip
    40 pilot
    172 main

Runs clean from idle to WFO with a ever so slight sputter at 1/2. In clip 2 it's a tad lean for my taste but clip 3 is a c-hair rich. The Ktm 300 red converts to a CCN. Called sudco and ordered some needles. Now since each clip position is actually 2 steps I ordered needlesso I cam make 1 step st a time.

The second letter "xEx" is nothing more than 2 clip positions different compared to "xCx".
    For example, the needle setting CCL#2 is the same as CEL#4.
    Another example, needle setting CCL#3 is the same as CEL#5.
  16. huskydude59 Husqvarna
    AA Class

It sounds like to me it is scavenging for fuel.. which is causing it to rubn on..I would set your idle and then adjust pilot screw to the mid between highest idle and the lowest. Take it for a ride to clean it out, then readjust idle jet again... Mine does this when I get it too lean on the pilot.. I have a WR300 2010 std every thing.