1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc IMS Tank on 2011 CR/WR150 - Heads up

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ScottyR, May 29, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Amen brotha. [IMG]
  2. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    dood- my cr's? left spars....crrraaaack! shroud rib rubbed a valley in it...and, the head/spar joints (cast/extruded)? craaaack!

i could tear them bikes down and get them to my welder and back ready to ride in under 3 hours i was getting so good at it lol.... nevermore!

not to mention they ride like bricks...

but i digress....[IMG]
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    oh yeh...waitin to see if IMS wants to see my tank...i want them to commit before i take my scoot apart, ship the stupid thing haz/mat blah blah blah...if they dont get back to me this time im saying screw it and filling it with water and breaking out the heat gun. i got a whopper of a turd-tank this time, boys...lt clamp hits the tank, makes switchbacks reeeealy interesting (pucker), had to glue rubber on the radiators, seat will NOT go on anymore now, etc. grrrr! i can make it work but by the time im done dimpling it it'll hold about as much as the stock one!!! lol.
  4. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have finally modded my seat enough to go on without prying it on. I did notice my left fork was hitting the tank so I have the turning stop almost all the way out now. I guess I can only turn right on sharp switchbacks. Clarke says they are still working on theirs - I'll be first in line. Between my WR tank and the crappy fitting IMS I just bought for the boys KX85 I am writing off IMS.
  5. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

I bought an IMS used for my 09 CR. I read on Halls site (i think) that the ims was lighter than the stock tank. Might be true for the 10 and 11 CR tank but not the 09. Its about 10oz heavier than the stocker. I never put it on after weighing, still might try it to run a minimum fuel level lower in the frame for better handling. Hope it fits :)
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    yeh mike me too IMS owes me a friggin' seat...had to remove a lot of material to get it to go on. plus it sits a half inch higher than stock. i got two seats for my bike so no big there but...jeebus, what scoot did they use to make the mold for this turd??? and, they still aint called me...grrrr.
  7. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Only the later CR frames are a problem. Also only the CR frames are showing cracks under hard use. Per Hall's.
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    My tank is alive.... I had to modify my seat for the P3 tank, so it went on the IMS without a problem a couple of months ago. Now it is warmer and the seat is pain to get on, so figure it has swollen up.
  9. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    norm makes a point...and i leave the cap askew and dont have a 1-way on the hose so there's no way theres' any pressure in the tank...the longer i own it the harder it is to work with this thing. the sucker is alive like the blob....at this rate it'll be a 4 gallon tank by xmas!
  10. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Clark was down at Bill's yesterday working on tank fitting so maybe we will have another option soon.
  11. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    fingers crossed
  12. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    guys see post 13, "damn it IMS" thread.....
  13. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    Wow on the frame story- been riding steel husky frames for 26 years- and no BS like that!
  14. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

All alarms me to. Halls told me they have seen a few cracked frames and Husky was good and quick to warrenty it. While I never have really inspected a frame my whole life, I think I better on my CR 150. You guys are right the IMS tank seems to change daily on my WR and CR. Seat goes on hard and yes appears taller on the CR. Pi-- on replacement how about a refund I have had IMS tanks in the past and no BS like this. Lets be real though I remember when husqvarna's came with a stock tank good enough for a 2 hour hare scramble with a fast A rider aboard!!! Why they are at it with the tank issue, throw away those stupid DOT tires that are worthless in the dirt!!!
  15. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't want to be down on Husky but really, the WR125 is 24 pounds heavier than the 150XC. If the bike is going to be a porker it should not be fragile! It looks like they are beefing up the frame for the second time for 2012 so they really got it wrong on this one. I love the way the frame handles and really am happy with the bike but I don't think this should have been happening on a bike that is no feather weight.

My IMS makes it real hard to get the seat on also, but it's better then the silly 2.2 gallon stocker. With a rare bike like this I am just happy someone made a tank for it and will live with the fit.
  16. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

24lbs heavier ?????? NO WAY. Maybe 2.4lbs. My spec sheet that came with my WR150 says 208lbs dry, Dirt Rider Mag says 211 empty tank. KTM 150XC 208.12lbs dry. The Husky has lights too. The IMS tank is actually lighter than the small stock tank for the Husky.
  17. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Its 11oz heavier than the stock 09 tank. 10-11 might be a different story but my 09 is lighter with the stocker.
  18. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes- there was a recall on the CR frame. call yer dealer for more info- forgot what years. WR's were not affected, so i recall.

2010 ktm 150 XC = 205# no fuel.
    2009 husky wr 125 = 217# no fuel, with lights, odo, four-stroke(ish) frame, etc.

i liked that 150 ktm...a lot. i'd buy one in a heart beat.

but i liked the several grand i saved, the awesome no attitude "we can help" dealer network, easy cheap parts supply of the 125 a lot better- it's a 125 too, not a cheater motor- not sure why but that means something for me. so i bought it instead. not to mention i cant kill this thing. i've broken a bunch of bikes. every color. stuff breaks. esp when you flogg it off-road. could there be a more hostile environment?

both bikes had issues. it's a total wash there. take it back- the husky never lost an engine from a ring snagging a port.

btw- my tank's at IMS now getting inspected. stay tuned. gave steve and jack the heads up there's a lot of disatisfied husky owners over this tank not fitting. they seem very willing to help. keep ya posted. jack's a super nice guy. shoot him an e-mail.
  19. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is from the TBM shootout, see this thread http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/wr-150-ktm-150-tm-144-shoot-out-dyno.15278/page-2#post-136591

Maybe they are wrong but here is what was posted....

the the bikes were weighed on digital scales ready to go.. ie full tank of fuel. scales under front and rear tyre
    they list the results as
    tm front 51.35kg 54kg rear = total 105.35kg

husqy front 51.25kg rear 56.15kg - total 107.5

KTM xc (no lights speedo & switchgear) but three litres more fuel as bigger tank front 47.75kg rear 50.8kg = total 96.55kg

Unless the euro ligths are a lot heavier then what we get here the extra fuel of the KTM makes up the difference for no lights. Having a linkage shouldn't add more than 5 pounds at the most.

I could have bought a 150XC for the same price as my Husky (once the 144 kit and IMS were factored in) but I still like the Husky a lot more. But it is not exactly light which is why I do not think there is a good excuse for the frames snapping.
  20. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    2.15KG = 4.7 Lbs. Linkage?