In Search Of Bigfoot on Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by WoodsChick, Feb 17, 2010.

1. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    As usual a great report. Thank you for taking the effort.
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    :lol::lol::lol:

That's funny, those are usually my concerns, too!

WoodsChick
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks, HD! One of these days you'll have to take a ride with us from the actual seat of your bike:thumbsup:

Everything is green everywhere here. We had a ton of rain, followed by about 5 days of sunshine. All the trees and flowers are blooming. I love this time of year!

Wow...that's a cool thing! I thought about making a calendar for us, taking a photo from each month of the year and putting on next year's calendar, but a book would be neat, too. I could call it WoodsChick's Wanderings...or something equally cheesy:D I really need a better camera, as the actual photographic quality of my pictures isn't geat. They look a lot better on my computer than they do after getting posted here, but I'm still not satisfied. Glad you're digging the photo essays:thumbsup:

Yeah, I don't know where that smile came from...maybe a glitch in my camera? See, I told y'all I needed a new camera :excuseme:

The north coast stirs my soul, too. We are so fortunate to live where we do. Mountains, coast, desert, lowlands, huge valleys...we really do have it all, don't we?

I love that road down into Shelter Cove :applause: It's always roadrace central when Eric and I get on that road :busted: He always kicks my butt in serious fashion there:p That whole area is just a dualsporter's paradise, isn't it? Or a supermoto paradise if one is willing to embrace all that a SM bike has to offer :devil:

Those sleeves on that jacket were waaaay too long! I have a friend that is a professional tailor. She cut the tops of the sleeves off, repositioned the zippers and put them back on. She did a phenomenal job of lining up the black and red parts so that you can't even tell it's been altered:thumbsup: It would have been totally unwearable without the alteration.

WoodsChick
  4. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The pleasure was all mine, ghte. It doesn't take much effort, only a lot of time:)

WoodsChick
  5. CKPC Husqvarna
    AA Class

My biggest problem is getting my camera out. I think I should look into a helmet cam. I love having the pics after the ride but it never seems easy to get the cam out at the right time.

Went to Hollister on Friday and ment to take a bumch of photos but in the end only snapped a handful.
  6. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Previsouly owned: SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
    Great ride report, as always. :thumbsup: You mentioned that you had your sleeves shortened on your jacket, which made me think of a question for you. I have short arms, and I find that it's a bit of a reach to the bars on the 610. I have to tilt my bars back towards me to be comfortable. I do have HDB risers (their lowest ones) that are reversable, and I have them in the position to get the bars closest to me, but it's still a reach. The downside to this is that I have to sit more forward on the seat. I'd like to be able to sit back a bit so I can taken advantage of the extra width on my Renazco. Have you done anything with your bike to adjust the reach? Maybe bars with more sweep, or risers with more offset, or???
  7. HairlessKitty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '08 TE 250 w/310 kit; '11 TE 630
    Love the pics. Jacket looks great on you, I want one now. What an awesome adventure, makes me want to jump on the DR-Z and ride to Fort Bragg. I want to ride my TE 250 on the road up to Shelter Cove. Thanks for sharing.
  8. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hi, jckid! Thanks for the kudos :thumbsup:My bars are stock, and I never really noticed them being too far away...at least, not til you mentioned it :lol: Watch, I'll get on my 610 now and it'll start bugging me! Thanks alot :p Seriously, though, I tend to ride up towards the tank so maybe that's the difference? I just measured my arms and they are 17" long from my armpit to the break of my wrist:lol: Every now and again I slide back on the seat and relax in the luxuriousness of my Renazco, but mostly I'm over the front wheel. I find the bike works better that way, anyway:excuseme:

Hey, there, HairlessKitty! The ride down into the Cove is a ton of fun, isn't it? I love that whole area. I'd never really been in the area featured in the report, so it was all new and glorious to me! I absolutely love going new places and sometimes I think that's one of the major reasons I spend so much time on a bike. It's just so much easier to really explore all the nooks and crannies when one is on a bike as capable as ours:thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  9. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Previsouly owned: SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
    Well now if you have to get new bars or risers, you can blame me! :D Sounds like our arms are the same length, so probably what I'm noticing is the change in height/offset from installing the HDB risers. My HDB risers are 3/8" taller, and the offset if probably slightly different than stock too.
  10. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

:thinking:
    Hummm……

I don’t think hers is as capable as ours… :excuseme: ( :devil::p )

But hey, it’s all in the rider anyway….no ? :D

:thumbsup:
    ( All in good spirits Hairlesskitten...;) )