1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC Interesting mods and bits for the new Husky

Discussion in '4st' started by Chums, May 15, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    BTW take care with the fuel system on these bikes. Clean the fuel filters and inspect the pump and injector a good bit as they seem like they have a lot of dirty fuel related issues. I ride with a lot of KTM 350's and hear it all.
  2. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'd like to discontinue my account
    I personally went with a top of the line ss filter, they are not all created equal from what ive been told, figured it a good safe investment. I also went with the factory ignition map switch since it doesnt take up any room on the bars. With the full FMF setup and race fuel map installed I find myself in "mild" or stock on the ignition switch quite a bit cuz wild feels really sensitive to me and breaking loose all over.
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Ah..no. While there is a generalized map set for off the show room floor, the maps do not change automatically. Pop the seat, twist the rotary switch to #2, replace the seat and go.

Stock exhaust works great, it's quiet and powerful. We run ProCircuit on our race bikes because we wanted the best available currently without having something custom developed.

PC Racing makes all of their own filters here in the US. They do not sell imported Chinese filters. PC155 is correct and we have it in stock.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    you sure about that? I have heard about a mile limited break in map from more than one source and this 350 went from kitten to feeling like a totally different motor in about 30 miles of riding. Like it had been totally remapped for more power. It was not like "I think it changed" but more like "is this even the same bike?".
  5. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I edited my post, the rotary switch is no longer offered on the 501. I did confirm with Ty and it is only one map but that the bike breaks in and runs normal around 500 miles. I could be wrong, lord knows I don't know everything. The rotary switch is now only available on the FC450 models.
  6. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Rotary switch comes with the factory perch mounted map switch, the map switch is an add on for the 4s bikes (except fc450 as said above). Just clarifying.
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Tinken can clarify, but I think the handlebar mounted, two position map switch and multi position rotary switch, are two different things....
  8. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I have one, they are connected together when you buy the perch mount switch kit. However you can get just the dial but only get one selection at a time and have to take your seat off to change it every time. I have a post earlier in this thread discussing how it works. KTM/berg have used this dial since at least 2010, had one on my 11' 570 berg.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I've seen the rotary switch on 70 Degree Husabergs, but I never saw a KTM 4T with one. They weren't under the seat, on the 70 Degree Husabergs, were they? I thought I remembered by headlight? I have the perch mounted 2 position switch on my '12 Husaberg TE250 2T. That year, they were standard on US spec bikes, but dealer installed.
    Chums likes this.
  10. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    All the 2 stroke bikes I saw at Halls had the perch mount switch but I don't know if they had to install them or not? They even took a seat off the fc450 they had to show me the dial that it came with factory. I'm guessing you could just add the perch mount switch to that dial if wanted but don't absolutely know for sure.
    Oh and the plug on my 70deg was behind the number plate/light. Picked up a 70deg switch for that but never did like the looks of them lol.. kinda seemed like it should go on some bicycle handle bars haha.
  11. bowser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350
    just buy the Sicass map plugs ($24) or trail tech map switch ($70) as apposed to the hi cost genuine item. Will be trying out my plugs this weekend.
    I had a map switch on my old berg and really didn't change it much unless it was really wet and that is where you noticed the soft map really helping to get traction.
    Tinken and Chums like this.
  12. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    OK good info going here guys. Thanks for posting. I will let mine run in for a bit and see how things unfold. My biggest concern is the excessive heat. So here is what I have ordered so far.

>G2 dirt tamer throttle tube to help keep me out of the emergency room.
    >Pro factory silicone hose kit. I went with the blue 450SX (dungey) version that eliminates the thermostat. XF + is also going in
    >Stiffer springs for suspension 6.0 shock to start. it has a 5.7 in there now. the forks I think have .48 and I probably need .50 so I will leave it as is for now and see how it handles.
    >Tall factory Husky seat
    >Frame decals. They are an orange peel vinyl for added grip at the knees. Also some fork guard decals to cover up the bright yellow a bit...
    >BRP Scotts sub mount 1" riser
    >BRP Hand Guard mounts
    >Cycra hand guards
    >Neoprene fork protectors
    >Blue bling oil filter cover
    >7602 radiator braces
    >7602 rear brake pedal. theirs is adjustable to make the pedal longer for my bigfootitis.
    >fork speed bleeders

also got an extra air filter and the plastic cover for the air box for when I wash the bike. Other odds and ends but that should do it for now, I hope. Hoping to see most of it by Friday so I can start reassembling the bike and get some seat time this weekend. If it works out I'm headed to Wisconsin Friday night. Ordered a Golden Boy front tire from ZipTy too. They have like a hundred or so coming so get ready for it.;)
    Chums likes this.
  13. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    My 350 ran hot at first but seams to have gotten a little better but yeah its so hot sometimes I look forward to some open straights to air out my junk! Lol.
  14. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Seat concepts makes a nice comfortable seat too.
  15. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I've had 3 seats from seat concepts and liked them. For the price I figured I'd try the Husky factory tall to start. Great prices on them.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  17. bowser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350
    I bought one of those throttle position tools (TPS.com) and adjusted my TPS last night to 0.601v. bike starts easy when cold without using the cold start thing now. Didn't like to start without it before when cold.
    Will play around with some other settings on the weekend
    Motosportz and Chums like this.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    TPStool.com

john01 likes this.
  19. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Haha, I saw that on another forum. Looks cool and easy. I'm guessing a guy could do the same thing without the harness with a bit of screwing around. Mine starts easy now without the cold start pulled out. Actually I haven't had to use the cold start button yet since its been hot. What was your stock voltage set at?
  20. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    OK so the little brown boxes started showing up at the front door today:banana: First in, a set of 7602 Racing radiator guards and a rear brake pedal. Blue of course:thumbsup: The rads will need to wait until the silicone hose kit shows up and the XF coolant. You need to completely remove the radiators to install the kit.

[IMG]

[IMG]

So we need to have a talk about the coveted CafeHusky decals... Seems 7602 has the proper color to match my bike. Coozy color I mean...LOL I smell a new run of decals coming on the horizon.
    [IMG]
    LandofMotards and Colo moto like this.