1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Is WR300 racing head a good choice?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Rodrigo, May 9, 2012.

1. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
  2. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
  3. cuprastic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks, your google translate is way better than my (I couldnt understand the whole text with my). I already send an e-mail to HTM racing for prices, and now I am waiting for answer.
  4. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    whats your pump ratings? 95 std here an 97 premium does it really make a difference?
  5. ASO Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610-08 WR300-10
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 65sx
    I have HTM Racing black edition head and forged piston. Combustion chamber is same like stock head is. Even squish band. Water cooling plugs are solid. Piston is from Wössner gas gas 300 ec. This piston have wrong intake design for husky but it works quite good.

I think better choice is race head ( I have also that) and forged flat top piston from wössner. Race head has same squish band than stock has. If you use gas gas piston and stock head, then squish band is bit smaller.

I think ktm exc 300 and husky wr 300 is identical piston accordin wössner cataloque part no. Wössner 8250DA ,DB, DC. Wössner for wr300 is flat top, gas gas is domed.

Ktm piston:
    http://www.wossnerpistons.com/produ...0da/name/wossner-piston-ktm-exc300-72-mm-bore

And same piston for husky:
    http://www.wossner.co.uk/103.html
  6. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    Amazing amount of guff on the heads great to read.
  7. cuprastic Husqvarna
    AA Class

I ve got the offer from HTM Racing:
    -Black Edition head for Husqvarna Wr250 + special screw = 169 euro (220 USD)
    -Intake spacers = 49 euro (64 USD)

What do you think, is it worth that money, or its better to machine the original cylinder head? Does anyone have this intake spacers, and what do they improve?
  8. ASO Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610-08 WR300-10
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 65sx
    Ask Paolo what is difference between wr250 stock head and black edition head, especially combustion chamber design and squish band clearance.
  9. cuprastic Husqvarna
    AA Class

He send me this:
    The chamber is complete different, the stock one is very bad, it hasn't a squish plane!
    Our head has a squish plane that you can regulate from 1mm to 1.4mm as your preference, the performance will be better in every power range, more torque and more maximum rpm.
    We suggest to annex also the intake spacers, the performance will be better.
  10. ASO Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610-08 WR300-10
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 65sx
    If that is correct, then I think black edition is good choice for wr250. I have wr300 black edition head it has same squish band clearance than original head has. Also combustion chamber looks same than original.
  11. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    I was worried the "race" head wouldn't be available in the near future, so I bought one. Installed last night in about 20 minutea and rode today in Colorado with it. Loved it. Should have done it a long time ago. I always thought my WR seemed like it should have more power. These heads should come on the bikes from the factory. It still lugs great at low rpm, but when you need more just twist the throttle. Braaaap!
    Glenn haynes likes this.
  12. curly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    `12 WR300
    so you guys who are running the stock carb and high comp head, what did you do to the carb to get it running sweet? a few turns on the screw to richen it up or just bolt the head on and ride?

i`m looking at buying the head,wanna know if i`m up for jets etc to go with it. and before anyone suggests a lectron, the answer is no.
  13. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Well, I already have the Lectron and didn't make any adjustments.
  14. Scott Goodman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna WR300
    With all this talk about the race head, I'm now thinking about it! One question though, don't you have to run High Octane fuel with the increase in compression? I know I did when I had my Team Green KX250 back in the day :-)
  15. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    There are a few things that factor in to rather you need race fuel but as a general rule once you get to 200psi of cranking compression then it's time for race fuel.
  16. Scott Goodman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna WR300
    Just ordered my race head!! Can't wait to try it out!!
  17. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I Think the PWK is a much better value for money than the head, but that is just me:=). I just get tired earlier with more Power.
  18. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I've never had the desire to ride anything but a 125, but for some reason, I can't stop thinking about buying a WR300 and turning it into an motocross bike like MXA did. I wish you guys would stop talking about this stuff. You're not helping. :naughty:
  19. varagaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi -comp help... just bought a 300 head prt no 8000h0944 and it looks like the same has the one i took off. The code on top of head std head h0673& 1297b ..the new head has h0944 & 2297b how much differance is in the dome .thanks
  20. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    I thought the same thing when I saw my new head. To the eye not much of a difference. Wait till you bolt it on and try it, though. :)
    Glenn haynes likes this.