1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc its a happy thanksgiving for the 144!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by razornpc, Nov 26, 2009.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The EG kit comes with everything new you need. Nice Wiseco piston, rings, pin, and all the gaskets and o-rings you need to replace everything. I had Eric include an extra piston/ring set plus two additional rings for $100, so my total for the kit was $550. :thumbsup:

Walt

PS. I am really loving this kit, it adds substantial low end to go along with rip on top. I also raised the bottom side of the power valves ~ 3mm and it really helped the off idle bottom and mid.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks Walt I am glad the kit is so complete I hate chasing parts. The extra piston, ring srt sounds like a good idea also. I think I 'll copy you and have him include an additional gasket set. Did you get him to set yours up for the low mid or mid high? so you can really feel a big difference in overall bike power? Oh one last thing how did you raise the power valves? Sorry for all the questions but the 144 kit sounds like it will improve on a allready great bike and I can't wait to send mine off.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    A little diagram of PV mod would be nice. :cheers:
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

John,

I went for the more everywhere option. I just didn't want to lose any of the top end rip. It is the most benign of the options. I am in Caliente, Nevada riding right now or I would put together a comparison of the stock versus modded pv's. My travel lap top is an antique and so slow I only have patience enough to do just basic e-mail and surfing.

OBTW, This is great country for some 50 degree winter riding. My first time here and just doing some exploring. Great fun and nice to be healthy enough to ride again.

Walt
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Guys I am really digging the 144 with the pv mod. I climbed some very gnarly tight single track today, all on the bottom end in 2nd gear with only occasionally needing to pop it down into 1st. I was purposely running it on the bottom to see what it would do ...... WOW can't believe this is a small bore until the next time I rip through the gears. I didn't once need to touch the clutch and I wasn't slipping the auto clutch at all. This is at 6000 feet too. I am heading farther south to the Colorado river country around Laughlin, NV tomorrow and I will see what it is like at sea level.

Walt
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Keep the reports coming!:cheers:
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes please keep the reports comming. Let me know what the difference feels like in a first to at least fourth gear WOT pull.
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

John,

I would say that the wot on the 144 is about 10-15% more and revs everybit as far if not farther. This is very subjective because of the time delay between the 125 and then the 144 install. It definitely pulls more rpm on top as I have a direct comparison on the speedo. This might be attributed to the extra hp hauling my fat butt better. :thumbsup: Depending on where you want the power is which kit to buy. I just went with the more everywhere simply to just get the 15% bump the extra cc's give you.

Walt
  9. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

PV mod? what and how?
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks Walt I am happy with the top end scream so I may go for the low/mid set up. I would think I would still get some bump on the top but maybe just not as much as you got. I weigh in at 200 so I can use all the low/mid I can get LOL. Thanks again.
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

When I get back to Montana I will do a pv mod/comparison to stock. I think if you have the 144 it should be mandatory. I almost didn't do it because of the interesting looks I was getting from a buddy who pretty much knows his stuff. Glad I threw caution to the wind and got out the die grinder. Don't get me wrong you will never mistake the low end pull for a WR 360, but you will be stunned how well the little motor pulls from idle on up. I didn't want to say anything until I found out if it worked or I was ponying up for the new valves. OBTW it pulls my 200 lb carcass up those hills amazingly well on the bottom end.

Walt
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Very cool you are the man Walt!