James Stewart Arrested

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by TXC&KTM, Mar 29, 2011.

1. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

i agree, hell if i had some lights id be hard pressed not to use them on a daily basis and im in my mid 30s [IMG] hahaha...no not a js fan im for dungey and my kid is for villapoto....
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    unbridled capitalism and greed seem the norm these days. Hard to blame kids when they see it all the time from athletes to corporate heads. You got money? You got a free ride. Some humility and honest parenting seems to much for people these days.
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    It seems that most working stiffs are frustrated by the system that produces teen millionaire athletes with no sense of responsibility. I know if I was a millionaire when I was young it would not have made me any less crazy or less of a risk taker. Let's face it young men are risk takers and are prone to doing dumb things and now with shows that feature stupidity because that is what gets the best ratings it is hard for any young person to get a grounded and well rounded upbringing. I'm in no way trying to make excuses for JS but I think the real problem is the out of proportion value system that has created a country where money can sway everything in your favor including the court system. If celebrities like Paris Hilton got the same treatment as a poor person she would already be doing hard time in prison. Young people doing stupid things is nothing new however young millionaires paying their way out of things that would get the average guy jail time is frustrating to watch when you're a working guy.

A war hero gets a medal to pin on his shirt while a kid who can play a game or ride a bike gets a million dollar contract. This is currently our value system
    HuskyT likes this.
  4. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Tiger never broke the law...and even Mel Gibsons racial outburst was after the fact of committing the original DUI offense...I also think it was fair to forgive Jeff Emig and Ronnie Lechien for weed use(as it was private and not harming others) BUT I think the issue here is "intent"...of Bubba having that light set up in the vehicle and the wherewithal to use it where he saw fit....the possibility in the eyes of the law that he could or may have used it previously or for another purpose....in legal terms is a very ugly scenario

I'm certainly not bashing him and I have always been a big fan (I root for him every weekend)..but after watching his season unfold with so much uncertainty and seeing him on that backboard two weeks ago was scary enough and now this....

Has Yamaha issued the press release yet....??
  5. TXC&KTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Love the "bikes with lights" photoshop work. epic.

On a more serious note, and as alluded to above, we have a generation of kids and young adults whose talents and abilities have made the stratospherically successful, but are lacking the character (and guidance) with which to manage that success.
    HuskyT and Motosportz like this.
  6. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    I guess I still internally use what was ground into me by my parents, grandparents and drill sergeants for values. If I screwed up, an ass whuppin was expected to come my way. My name means something beyond just me. Integrity, morality and ensuring my youngsters understand the same. I don't mean to come across as holier than thou and hope others here can relate to my words. HuskyT? You know what I mean.
    HuskyT and Troy F Collins like this.
  7. Flying Trash Can Sustaining Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1100R
    Foolish yes, damnable no; I wouldn’t be surprised if his buddy is angry with him because, I’m pretty sure he missed that flight.
    HuskyT likes this.
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Go Dungey! Some people can't handle having a big head IMO Bubba is one of them. And 25 folks is not a KID. I was married had three kids and was on my second home. Bottom line: somtimes when you think you can get away with anything you find out the hard way you can't.
  9. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    If Bubba were a "kid" I could see your point.
  10. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Lets all keep it in good taste. It is that way so far....just wanted to throw the caveat out there.

Us old guys with our "Uphill both ways in the snow with 2 shocks of 4 inches of travel when I was his age" stuff is keeping me laughing.

I do think impersonating a policeman is strong....maybe "impersonating an emergency vehicle"...only police I ever saw with pick ups were on Daytona beach and in Afghanistan!

I think release to the wrath of Big James is sufficient and the young man learns a lesson...as well as builds on his current character for future years.
    HuskyT likes this.
  11. Swampds Husqvarna
    AA Class

I find it funny that if you are cutting it that close to catch a flight in Orlando....you aren't going to make it anyways. That city and airport is always busy!
  12. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I wanna see the reality TV show where Big James goes upside Bubba's head with a stick. Then I'll shut up.
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    JS7 May be the fastest MX rider(amazing to watch) alive but has never had exhibited really good racecraft.
    It was just a silly young guy stunt. PS the stooges should have ditched the dang lites. That Flashing lights foto is brilliant!!
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Yep, pretty silly (and stupid) he did this... Probably more embarrassing than anything as no harm or financial gain was intended ... Looks bad for him and the sport ... At age 25, he should be beyond this type of behavior ... His fat wallet will smooth all this over ..

I really really really do not understand why millionaires of all walks life get traffic violations ... Maybe they are not aware of Limos?
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    In the grand scheme of things what he did seems really minor. I could think of many things far worse.
    Flying Trash Can likes this.
  16. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    I would hardly call it a minor offense, getting caught smoking a Joint is a minor offense. Here in Australia its treated as an jail able offense. Lets just say he tried to pull over a car & it was full of gang bangers & they popped a cap in his Ass, you would never hear the end of it. The Bloke is obviously an absolute Goose, & should be treated accordingly. Knowing he has plenty of money, he will probably get off with a slap on the wrist, but if it was me, I'd be goneski & not bending over to pick up the soap in the showers.
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Not 'minor' no, but something like this would never make our newspaper unless is was someone of a certain status. Lots of bad things happen in this world.
  18. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
  19. HuskyT Moderator

@ Ioneater - I was avoiding this one because I would be a hypocrite .... I did some crazy sh....t when I was a kid....

but yes I know what you mean... I got my fair share of actual Belt Whippings from my dad... and I learned from them... Strong parents , grandparents , Religious leaders. drill instructors, Marines and other Military men and women shape you a certain way....

I'm pretty sure, JS's dad has kicked his ass already far worse than any cop or Judge will handout . He will have grown up a whole lot by the time this settles out...

As the saying goes... "It's good for him... it will build some character.... "

You reach a certain point where all of the life lessons that you learned from these people just starts to make sense and if that has been instilled in young people, especially our children, you hope and trust that, based on your example of good leadership , morals, values, etc, that they will make the right decisions when you are not there to guide them...

T
  20. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    He screwed up and the fact that he has red and blue lights on his truck kind of tells me his head is not in the right place and maybe it has shown in his racing this year.
    Overall though I have never seen such a great group of riders that are fast, talented, and great role models.
    Go Ryan, Ryan, Trey, and Andrew, and throw in Chad for his work ethic.
    GP