Jason Thomas parts company with Fred Andrews Racing.

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by MOTORHEAD, Apr 9, 2012.

1. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ...lets just say a few unappreciated comments from some folks working for/riding for KTM had some big mouths and unprofessionalism ...until the man with a Husky hat (me) confronted them....that's all I'm gonna put out there.
    ANYWAY , LETS GET BACK TO JASON...the time I spent talking with him,he seemed a little home sick..and since he just got married,may not want to be here travellin' the states from race to race ,blah blah blah.I don't neccasarially think he'd give up racing...just doing it closer to home.The whole thing is weird...timing wise,but whatever his reasons..I hope it's in his best interest.I'm glad to have talked to him.

Guscycle
  2. East Longmeadow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. Damn that "Orange Army"! :thumbsdown:

As you said, sounds like Thomas's decision.
  3. CARL REHATCHEK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Would be great to see two Delongs on the FAR Team.. Andrew and brother Craig

Chow, Carl
    Norman Foley likes this.
  4. jim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hate to see UK go... he was all over Baylor at the Georgia GNCC. He hurt his back b4 Steele Creek and said it hurt worse than anything he's ridden through before including broken bones. Who knows maybe between his back problems and knowing a championship is out of reach in 2012 he decided to go home.
  5. littled657 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I knew there were issue with Husky and Jason several weeks ago. Truth is they hadn't paid him and he was getting very fustrated with the lies they keep telling you. Checks in the mail kind of thing. Nick had first hand experience with slow pay and no pay in the end. Talent pool going to dry up on them. Top riders know each other and they learn certain companies aren't worth your time.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250

Not that I'm doubting your words or Nicks on this subject, and I'm not doubting your words, but how can a company of this size justify not paying an employee?

Its also illegal I'd guess almost 100% of the time ...
  7. littled657 Husqvarna
    AA Class

They are not employees, they have contracts. I'm more than willing to email you Nick's last P.O. they sent him that stills goes unpaid from last year. Believe what you want but you can't deny the fact, how many riders have quit Husky within months or middle of the season mostly due slow pay. Illegal maybe but only if you willing to go to court.
  8. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

if this is the case, its just plain sad and theres no excuse for it. piss poor managment to say the least....sounds like some of the the fly by night construction operations out there.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sounds like the case of no integrity, maybe taking advantage of younger people whom you owe money to ... Maybe it is ~common place in this industry?
  10. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    It's very common for riders to get jacked around on their pay, from just about all the companies. They are just contractors working for a company. Just about all of them have to buy their bikes from the company they ride for at a discount rate and hire their own mechanic. It's not as wonderful as it all sounds.
  11. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

it's sad and seriously unprofessional, makes auto racing look good in comparison. but the bike industry has always lagged behind auto racing in all area's... That kind of crap does come from the top, so you know who to look for as far as placing blame...
  12. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

In NASCAR.....EVERYONE has a shotgun and knows how to use it! :eek: Maybe thats why it doesn't happen there?:lol:
    robertaccio likes this.
  13. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Nah, it's just because there's a lot more money to go around.
  14. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

youd be suprised about how little some of the crew members make. i know alot of them still have seperate full time jobs they go back to during the week. (obviously some of the big teams are different but there really arent that many of them)
  15. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Apparently unless you are one of the top racers in a series that has live TV, you are lucky to get paid to ride dirt bikes. Once at the pro level it must be hard because you need to devote full time yet you still may need a job.
  16. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Supercross it aint... most of these guys are making the best they can of doing something they love. I dont think anyone is getting rich doing offroad racing. On the other hand, supporting some riders is just about the only effective way for manufacturers and dealers to advertise to their target audience. Its not like buying ads on Desperate Housewives would do much good (and would likely swamp the whole racing budget to produce and air one ad).....

To most semi-pro riders, getting something for riding instead of paying to ride is about as far ahead as they get. I cant think of 10 guys in the US who dont need a plan B to make a living before they are 30, and that includes MX racers.
  17. hothands Husqvarna
    C Class

He just showed up at the GNCC with a KTM out of his own rig. I am truly heartbroken, I loved rooting for him, now I feel betrayed. :(
  18. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Jason Thomas has showed up to Big Buck on a KTM!! So much for homesickness!!
  19. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Figures. Guess he thinks he can run with Baylor is he's on the same bike.

Yeah, good luck with that. :lol:
  20. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

He's on a KTM 250XC (two stroke). Think there needs to be a clause in the contracts Husky is signing. Guess it depends on if JT was fired or quit.