Jetting 07 husky

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by ddub9, May 12, 2009.

1. ddub9 Husqvarna
    B Class

so am i a little to lean or a little too rich now?
  2. Dieselox4 Husqvarna
    A Class

You are almost right on. right now im leaning toward you needing the proper AP setting and Leak jet. After that if it is still there. It would be a clip needle issue.

Mike
  3. ddub9 Husqvarna
    B Class

is the leak jet also called an airjet or are they different all together?
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  5. Lurkerlou Husqvarna
    B Class

When you say you have modded the air box what have you done to it? Just opened more holes in the cover or also removed the backfire screen?

I only ask because I just finally have the magical set up for my bike with a very open air box cover without the backfire screen and it has been tuned on the Dyno to the best it has been since new. Still using a stock type air filters (twin air and UNI's ) but rather open and more room to breath from the stock cover.

I probably should post all the Dyno testing I have done with my 610 just for general information here as I think there is some very useful info. Each and every run has been logged with only one change each time and the air box modifications really were the best as far as gaining power. Once jetted appropriately I gained 6 HP from the air box alone

Bottom line mine just pulled 58.35 HP (49.72 stock) and 46.31 Ft/lbs of torque (37.73 stock)

Basically 17%gain of HP and 22% Gain of Torque from stock with a slip on, JD Jet Kit (parts of it anyways) and some air box massaging and a great mechanic and some time on the Dyno.

I am running a 210 Main and a 42 Pilot and the JD red needle (I'll have to do some digging and find the position of the needle. I think the biggest Main in my JD kit was a 180 and the pilot 50 for my application was too big. No knocking the JD kit as it was great until I started playing with the air box.

Real world the bike pulls like a freight train.
    I talked to my buddy with an 09 Aprilia 550 Supermoto who was just trying to tell me today when we both get on the gas he's not gaining anything after riding for hours last weekend. I know this will change the more the Aprilia breaks in more but I'll still smile about him saying that for now as those Apes are more of a Supermissle than a Supermoto.

If anyone is interested I'll gather all the info and post the dyno graphs and some pictures in a separate thread as not to clutter this one?
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Sounds great! :thumbsup:

A separate thread would probably be best then ddub9 can use this thread for tuning up his bike.
  7. Lurkerlou Husqvarna
    B Class

I hear you Coffee.

The only reason I really even posted here was the fact that depending on what he has done to the air box he might be quite lean and fighting that, I know others including yourself have offered up some great info but opening up the air box and letting it breath really needs a substancial amount more fuel.

I tried a 180, 190, 200 and finally a 210 before I found the right main that would fuel the monster.

You really offer up some good advice regarding jetting Coffee.....I on the other hand really profess to know nothing bout Jetting but had some really good people helping me out.