Jetting - '08/'09 TXC 250?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by fitness2go, Nov 20, 2009.

1. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Soon...want to be part of it?
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Rim stickers

Looks great :thumbsup:

My bike is not a red head. :cry:
  3. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

Let me know when and where.:thumbsup:
  4. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Installed JD Jetting kit...awesome! Here is what I put in and a few questions:

185 Main
    42 Pilot (The main and pilot jets are right next to each other...what is the 3rd one?)
    65 Leak (35 was stock!?!?) Was this the tiny jet screw in the bottom plate of the carb?
    Red needle in the 4th position
    Thick o'ring (not sure how that thing works?)

Night and day...she is rarin' to go!
  5. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
  6. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

That chart is screwy...everyone's got a different name for everything! They don't even list what item 29 is! They call the fuel screw a pilot screw...the main jet, the main jet (Hey, I understand that one!)...the pilot jet a slow jet. Whatever...I replaced like jets with like jets in the JD Jetting kit...I'm done and it's running great.

That's all we get...that the '10 TXC 250 is awesome? Come on Jake...how about a ride comparison between your '08 TXC 250 and Kelly's '10 TXC 250. Kelly has been drinking the Husky coolaid forever...I want to hear an objective opinion! Will it be your next bike?
  7. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Yep, carbs are fun, if it is running fine leave it.

It is a better race bike than my TXC all around. It has a ton more bottom and mid range power, right where I like it. I hope the 300 kit will put my bike close to the same power delivery. The motor is a gem for sure. The chassis feels exactly the same ergo wise, just a lighter package and crisper handling. The new TXC is going to cost Husky some serious bucks in contingency, it is that good.:applause: My TXC may be a better trail bike once the 300 kit is installed, the new one is a better race bike for sure. It wants to go fast.

I can't justify replacing a year old bike that I am just getting sorted the way I like. I am on the 4 year plan.:D Like the Husaberg 390, if money were no object I would buy one today.

With that said my next bike may be the 2010 TC250. I have had a ton of fun riding MX this year, I just reworked the forks on my TXC and I am super happy with them for off road but they may be too plush for MX. I guess I better save my pennies.

Later,
  8. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Awesome Jake...thanks for the comparison! I guess BMW saw the potential when they decided to buy Husqvarna! Maybe the 2011 TC 250 will have EFI. By the way, who did your forks?
  9. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I heard that motor was one of the biggest reasons BMW was interested in Husky.

SBJ Co. Inc. LLC

AKA Me... :D

Later,
  10. Gregarious Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I just updated my jetting and found this thread.

I bought an 09 TXC250 from Tasky's in September and found the stock jetting to be fine -- meaning I had no issues with keeping it running and no smoke. It does take a while to warm-up, and I do keep the idle set a little higher than what my DRZ400 or old KTM 640 had, but I figure that's appropriate for a slightly higher strung, smaller 250.

I did succumb to a friend's peer pressure and just added the JD jet kit:
    • Red needle - 5th position from the top (replaced stock needle - 4th from top)
    • 42 JD primary jet (replaced the 42 stock jet)
    • 185 main jet (replaced the 175 stock jet)
    • Fuel mixture screw 1.25 turns out (stock was 1.5)
    • JD leak jet (replaced stock leak jet -- don't have the values at hand)
    • Added strongest o-ring to the pump lever.

Unfortunately I won't be able to test it out until I get my suspension back from LTR in about 2 weeks. Knew I should've done this last month when Les had no backlog....:banghead:

Question for those using the Merge fuel mixture needle: is it easy to access without twisting the carb? I figure it might be good to add while the carb is still off the bike.
  11. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I can't remember the what brand I used, but it's similar and once it's on you don't need to twist the carb to gain access.

You live in Seattle? Where? I live in West Seattle...let's ride!
  12. littlemexicanboy Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1974 H-D FXE
    Guys, I just installed the 185 main and tried both the 42 & 45 pilot jets, but I still get a bog when I flick the throttle quickly. I don't get an issue if I just slightly ease into it. Any suggestions on what else I can/should do?