1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Jetting Chat - Need Help? Post Your Questions Here

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Mar 24, 2010.

1. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
  2. hanlon92 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna sms 125
    hi, recently bought a husky sms 125 2012 , its totally stock still restricted, does anybody know what carb set up would be if i were to put DEP full system on? thanks
  3. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Hi all, new here and ive got a few running issues with my husky wr 125 2006.
    The bike is standard (v-force reeds).
    Im running 50:1 mixture.

The bike bogs really badly at low rpm, even midrange there is a bog.
    It does hit the powerband and run pretty well but sometimes you can shift up and be out of the power for a slight second.
    Its mainly in 1st pulling away where it can bog and stick at a certain rpm for 4-5 seconds before finding the powerband.

Ive cleaned the jets and noted what they are:
    Main - 410
    Pilot - 80
    Emulsion tube - 633 R-S (not sure if you want this)

Where to start?
  4. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Also, i live in York which has an altitude between 1-200m from sea level, temperatures similar to most places in the uk. Anywhere between 5-15 deg C at this time of year.

Thanks!
  5. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    That looks way rich on the pilot. I'd start by reading the 125 jetting database thread.
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    I
    Id say it is more of 30 pilot. Those numbers can look like other numbers.

Post your slide number size?

What needle # is in it and what clip position is it on?

Is float level height set correctly?
  7. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    Try this jetting
    Pilot 32.5
    Main400 or 390
    needle in 2nd or third clip
    Pv adjusted to 3/4 from the bottom
    This is my NY jetting around Syracuse
  8. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    It could well be a 30 it was tricky to read.
    Where can i find my slide number size? This is the slide attached to the throttle cable i assume? Sorry this is all a bit new to me...
    I will have a look at the needle tonight and get the size and where the clip sits.
    Im not sure whether the float height is correct, how can i find this out?

Where can i buy jets from too? From the UK prefrebly.

Thanks!
    bax3 likes this.
  9. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    If it was an 80 it would foul the plug in about 5 minutes. I'm just getting old enough that I need a magnifying glass to read jets and it pisses me off.
    454x likes this.
  11. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    Hell, I need a jewelers lupe to read mine.
  12. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    The problem i had is that my plugs did seem to be fouling rather quick.
    I bought the bike recently and it had a 25:1 2T mixture in there, its started up ok but bogged quite alot.
    Since getting it home that plugged totally fouled, i then bought a new plug, put 50:1 mixture in and this went for a while then fouled.
    I now have an iridium plug that touch wood has been ok so far....

I will double check that jet!

The slider i have has 3.0 stamped into the top of it, ive not had the needle out yet, couldnt figure out how it comes out from the slider... doh!
  13. g_off Husqvarna
    B Class

Any of you Nor Cal guys have '12 WR144 jetting specs for Cow Mtn this time of year? For reference I'm running the RM (62) needle and a 5.0 slide. Thanks.
  14. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    Question for the carb guru's.. My 2010 WR300 at about 1/4 throttle, steady state, cruise, doesn't matter what gear, the engine is just not running clean, sputters, almost like it's cutting out. The engine starts first kick. Idles perfect, tons of power, it is smooth power when rolling on the throttle, wide open throttle is great. Just when your not in the power band and holding the throttle steady it sputters.. I think I may be a little lean, there is no spooge, race head, stock mikuni carb, 40:1, 3000 ft. 17 deg. cel. 94 octane, 420 main, 40 pilot,gay needle, clip at the 2nd setting down from the top. I haven't had a chance to pull the plug.. Just looking for some direction on this one... thanks in advance, Steve
  15. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I have almost the same jetting in my 250 but a way leaner pilot. I have a 30 in mine right now and I'm going to try a 27.5 because the 30 seems rich. It can be crisp and clean everywhere else but any one of the circuits can be off and make a spot that stutters or bogs.
    454x likes this.
  16. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    Steve-oh, have you tried raising the needle to the 3rd clip position?
  17. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, when I got the bike the clip was on the third position and it was very rich running, hard start, so I rejetted and moved the cip to the #2 spot from the top. This weekend I will take it out for a steady cruise for a mile or so then pull the plug and see what it looks like. I had a close look at the tail pipe/muffler last night, it IS wet inside the muffler and on the tail pipe, so I may have to scratch the lean miss fire I was originally thinking about, but no spooge on the rear fender. Is the pilot jet circuit responsible for 1/4 throttle performance? May be a #37 pilot would work better? or possibly trying a different needle, just thinking out loud, thanks for the help,
  18. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The needle is the low/mid to approximately 3/4 throttle when the main jet takes over, there is an overlap. It starts on the pilot and idles on the pilot and the air screw after about 1/4 throttle the pilot is done. The needle does have some affect but raising the needle to change the idle won't do much for you. The only reason the needle will have an effect on idle is when the slide is raised way up by the idle adjustment screw and you are already in the overlap of the needle and the pilot.(this is commonly done when the pilot is too big) I suggest you try a smaller pilot and play with the air screw and idle stop screw, you will soon find out if you are going the right way. Change one circuit at a time and pay close attention to throttle position so you know what circuit you want to alter.
    huskybear likes this.
  19. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks lankydoug, thats the direction I'm headed.
    lankydoug likes this.
  20. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    Question on the Bwwaaahhh sound. While riding out of corners in 3rd, where 2nd gear is wrapped out, but 3rd is at a lower RPM/smooth power spot, I'll roll on the throttle hard I get a slightly sluggish feel/bwwwaahhh. It's not abrupt or terrible, but I'm sure it could be better. To keep up with how I ride, I need to feather the clutch to get out of the bwwaaahh and into the screaming top end. Is it just the RMP's I'm at? I run 30 pilot, 2nd from top clip, 400 main.