1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Jetting Chat - Need Help? Post Your Questions Here

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Mar 24, 2010.

1. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Your new bike hasn't changed since 2011. As for the nozzle I can't help you other than I know the JD jetting kit comes with a different size so you might be onto something for helping others. I gave up on the Mikuni after I bought a Lectron. It has no jets to mess with.
  2. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    The stock needle jet (I am assuming that is what you are referring to) is small on the 11 and newer wr's. The JD kit comes with a bigger one that works with some needles he already makes. I also went with a leaner slide.
  3. SHY UK Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes please
    Any rules for temporary rejetting after a new piston?
    125 is giving rich signals low revs (sputtering on opening of throttle) and lean on top end (intermittent bog on and off revs) - this is normal?
    Run in to about 300 miles now.
  4. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    I would say not normal at all, If it ran ok before it should require no new jetting at all unless the bike was seriously worn out and jetted to suit the low compression.
    Did you make sure the power valve linkage went back in the same place as it was before stripping it ??
  5. SHY UK Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes please
    Could it be more than just the jetting - float level, for example?
  6. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Yes could well be the float level or sticky float needle but before you go getting carried away try replacing the spark plug or at least make sure its not gapped to big, Chased what seemed bad jetting on my mate Trigs 125 just to find it was a large plug gap causing the symptoms (2009 model)
    I personaly really do not like the Mikuni and swapped mine and Trigs to the PWK with much better results before swapping to the Lectrons with even better results
  7. SHY UK Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes please
    Thanks Johnnyboy!
    Seriously, fitting a new sparkler is one of my favourite quick fixes too, always carry a spare.
    I tried winding in the pilot mixture adjust a lil', has helped, thinking as the new piston is a tighter spec than previous could be not run in yet, in which case being too rich will've hopefully been helpful in the long run.
  8. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    after 300 miles your run in should be done on a 125, if your motor is producing higher compression this usually indicates higher vacuum which in turn would make your jetting rich, i have found that the tmx carbs like a small pilot, but i would swap it for a lectron as the higher milage and better performance make it well worth the outlay.pwk are a great carb too and seem easier to jet.
  9. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    Hi all, I know I should be reading this post first, I will do but I also want to ask you guys directly...

I've just bought an WR300 from 2010 second hand and it came with this carburator settings:

TMX 38 70 W8X1
    -----------------
    MJ:430
    PJ:40
    Choke:80
    Slide:4.0
    Needle:6BFY43-74 2nd from UP
    Idle:1,75 turns

As per the official manual this is the stock setting for the WR250, is it OK to use the 300 with that or should I buy the homosexual needle indeed ? :D
    What is the difference between this needle and the GAY one ?

Thanks .
  10. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    I don't know about that needle but the "gay" needle is very lean at mid throttle. Run in at least #4. I ran at #5
  11. ERIC EDER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    SUPERDUKE, GS 750 CAFE, DRZ 400
    Need some help guys...
    2001 WR 125
    Stock carb
    35 Pilot
    410 Main
    Mix 40-1
    Ride Low elevation 100-1500 feet

Bikes runs great on low end, cracks/breaks up once power band kicks in, and dies bogs down in 6th gear when flying down sand roads.

First thoughts are to lower Pilot to a 30 in the morning and also maybe knock down the main to a 390 I just don't want to go to lean with it

is anyone has same bike please let me know your setup

Watch video tell me what you think

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk_Vic4S700

Attached Files:

12. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    I think this video is private.
    When the bikes running say in 3rd an your going 35-45 ish when you crack the throttle open suddenly does she go wahhhhhhh
    Or bububbuhhhwaaaarh ? Also does she surge at constant throttle speeds if so your main jets rich.
    Also have you consulted the sweet jetting database in the two smoke section? I had mikuni tm38 wich i dropped 6 main sizes on and 4 pilots was still running rich, seems itallians like smogging themselvs on incorrectly jetted bikes then treat us with the same pleasure.
  13. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    If it runs great on the bottom end and idles fine, I don't think you'd want to change the pilot.

You'll need to say what needle you have and which clip it's on, that's a big part of getting a bike to run right (maybe the biggest).
  14. ERIC EDER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Its definitely a wahhhh sound with some crackling thrown in. I will lean her up on the main and take a quick ride down the street to see what happens,.
  15. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Does the idle hang if you chop the throttle? Sounds like its lean but dont quote me on that ive got a lectron.

If idles nice goes like stink up to 6th wide throttle open how long before it dies?
    And does it keep going after you roll off the throttle?
  16. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    If my memory serves me right, Mikuni triple taper needles have the three letters which indicate the three different tapers; A is the least taper.

So, the GAY has a medium taper to start, very little in the middle, and a lot at the end. Your BFY is a bit leaner on the bottom and a decent bit richer in the mid. Should be better than the GAY. The DEY is another good option.
    Hurky likes this.
  17. ERIC EDER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    ok so put in a 30 pilot and 390 main, also played with the power valve to make sure it was working properly and moved the bolt position to high to give more bottom end power.

Results are it definitely runs better but still not what it should be. Idles perfect and good power down low, but as the power band starts to surge it breaks up and then once it really pushes though the midrange it will start to really hit power band and clean up. But still having a problem in 6th. I can blow through the first 5 gears on the power band but as soon as 6th hit it falls on it face and bogs down, almost like its not getting any fuel or its getting way to much fuel. I am going to crank it up to 6th gear run it hard and then hit kill switch kill motor and check the plug to see if its wet, hopefully that can answer my question on if its lean or rich.

PS can anyone view the above video to see what im talking about?
  18. ERIC EDER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    this video I think best shows the problem in the first 40 seconds you can see as I go up the hill on the power band the motor sounds like a raped ape and sounds like its being starved for either fuel or air

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyLS7dPzJh0
  19. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    it might sound crazy but, i chased my tail with something similar... ended up being my plug gap! my bike sounded just like yours when it hit the upper revs.
    juicypips likes this.
  20. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Right now im probably going to sound like a moron, are your exhaust orings in good shape? If in any doubt swap them weird stuff happens if there is letby in the header area.

Have you used the same octane gas as always?

And have you any more desert riding videos? I likey