JMetteer

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Baucum, Jul 1, 2011.

1. knevo Husqvarna
    A Class

gosh jake, hope you start eating more hamburgers like me, so next time you will bounce! hope your feeling better
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Once again Jake my thoughts are with you. Don't push the recovery, definitely pay very close attention to your doc.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Crashes are ~always scary ... I saw a guy yesterday just fall over in a creek with big rocks in it ... His right leg got caught under the bike and it could have snapped it or tore his knee up and this was a 0 MPH fallover ... The high speed ones are terrifying to me ...

The human body can take a lot and keep on ticking ... Bruised lungs sounds very painful but I've never had one ... A compression fracture, as bad as it sounds, may be OK with some time ... The backbone is a marvel and protects the spinal cord very well ... The vertebrae that make up your backbone can crush or compress downward with little to no side effects to you other than lost of height .. I got one ~10 yrs back when I re-stated riding bikes again ... I'm an ~3\4 an inch shorter now :( .... It gives slight pain from time to time now, sort of like sleeping wrong in bed at night ... level 2 pain at worst but who does not have any back pain? ... Has almost zero effect on my life and riding other than no running anymore ... So I'm optimistic here for Jake in the long run ...

Of course each case is unique and Jake's will be also but if you walk away, you might be well from this injury in 3-4 months as it is just a matter of the bone healing as in other breaks ... He'll probably get a CT scan to verify the damage exactly ...
  4. Baucum Husqvarna
    B Class

I had a visit with Jake last night. He seemed in good spirits and is fairly mobile with his protective plastic shell. We watched the video of the crash. It didn't look good or that bad either... But the part where he lays there motionless was disturbing. We looked at the bike and the most obvious sign of damage is a crushed left radiator. He's supposed to be off work for 2 weeks, but I've got a feeling he'll be back before that. Daytime television can be quite motivating for most people.
    He is humbled by all of your support.
    Ride safe. Ben
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Thanks for the update Ben, I just noticed this thread.

Can I assume he is home?
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sounding good ... ESP the mobile part and thanks for the update ...
  7. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

It is definitely better to be mobile. When I crushed T-10, I was limited to couch duty for 6 weeks and of course developed pneumonia which required an additional 6 days in the hospital after being out for 2 weeks.
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I guess that track had some new sections? There was a couple of wide flat sweeper corners added it appeared .... Dirt looked good as usual ..

That 125 guy at the 3:20 marked crossed over the entire track in front of you over a jump! ... I doubt that was an intentional move ... That is what I'm always afraid of and watching for on tracks ...

Do you think you might gave gotten cross-rutted? You looked like your typical self until the close-up of the dirt on camera ... Except for that 'over the jump and off the track move' towards the start ... Its a good thing the sides of the tracks are groomed there ... Here, that is not always the case ...

Don't worry too much about the riding now ... You'll be back before too long ;) ...
  11. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

just got home from a fishing trip this weekend and seen this. glad your still pumpin air and hope you have a speedy recovery!!
  12. HuskyT Moderator

Just got home today... glad to hear that you are ok and on the mend.

T
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Looked like a simple case of getting sideways in the whoops while going fast trying to pass people.
  14. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    it lives!

dood- yer gonna make it, any day above dirt's a good one, been there and passive recovery sucks. just a few weeks more till my first braap! after 6 mos off so i am totally sending you super hyper jittery chomping on my helmet strap i gotta ride soon healing vibes yer way buddeeeee braaaap braaaap!
  15. Tim H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas EC300, many KTMs
    Damn, Jake! That really sucks, but I'm extremely happy to hear that it wasn't as bad as it nearly was...
    Heal well, rehab hard, and we'll see you at the races down the road a bit. (You could still come up and help Ben shoot pics) I suppose this means you're not going to race the Timekeeper Enduro on the KX100 this weekend, huh?
    Ben, thanks for posting this up.

Tim H
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Jake, Glad to have you checking in with the inmates here, focus on mental and physical recovery. You will be back!! heal up man.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Just got back from Jakes house, seems to be doing well. beat up and in a body boot thing so he can't bend his back. You can see he wants this to be over ASAP and go trail riding. He will be OK. Sux but in little time i have no doubt he will be out handing us our asses again. [IMG]
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks for the update Kelly :)
  19. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Dang...! I've been kind of out of the loop lately and had no idea you were hurt, Jake! Glad to hear you're expected to recover 100%. Sometimes the hardest part (after getting well physically) is getting your memory to work the way it did before you got knocked out. My neurologist had me doing crossword puzzles and I think they helped. Several years later and I'm still doing a few of them every day :)

Good luck to you on your recovery and let us know how you're doing!
  20. Tim H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas EC300, many KTMs