1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Just Bought 2012 WR125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by CelticDude, Nov 1, 2011.

1. pollolittle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oh yeah, I forgot, digging the old photos. So, woodschick what did you do to fix yours, to run right.
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I did what almost everyone else here has done: tossed the Mikuni and got a Keihin PWK, played with the PV settings, added different PV springs and played with them all til the cows came home, had Wallybean re-shape my PV's, constant jetting, different needles, lots of compromise, a little bit of "Oh, it's fine...I'll just ride it like it is today" lots of minute changes to the air screw, an OEM 144 kit, reminding myself all the time that the chassis is excellent and it's the best-handling bike I've ever ridden (all true.) You know, stuff like that.

It still isn't where I want it to be. Some days are better than others. Depends on the phases of the moon, ambient temperature, day of the week, and whether I've got my red backpack on or my black one...near as I can tell.
    Dirtdame and Bill502 like this.
  3. pollolittle Husqvarna
    AA Class

It is always good to know that the Chick part is right, cause only a Chick would know that the color of the bag, or the moon phase (argghh), possible favorite jersey or not, would impact the outcome of the bike performing as required.

?, Have you had a favorite bike and did it perform as needed?
  4. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Sticky subject,some is the fact that certain countrys tax on horsepower so we get tem with throttle stops,super lean jetting,etc,we even had some sneak thru in years past with diffuser cones welded just inside the header on all the 2 strokes down to the size of your little finger.The fact is a Wr125 is slow because of the large flywheel even if you carb it perfect its a little piston trying to move alot of weight from low rpm,it cant do it.
    In the old days of long skirt pistons and early reed valves they had a bit more grunt but were slow.We always remember the TM/cr125 or YZ or RM that ripped but none of these bikes lugged either just they had teeny tiny rotors and spooled up fast.All you have to do is ask anyone who rode our CR150 how it ran,"perfect" and it was pretty much stone stock jetting and all out of the box.{with a FMFsparky"}
    The Wr 125 just needs coaxing up then it rips,the Ducati ignition helps but the real cure is the Cr digital Kokasan set up with the little rotor.Its a shame they dont build a 200cc bike,the 144cc kit helps alot .I know jetting and compression boost helps alot with the proper fuel on the 125 ,the only cure is 167 kits like Walt and others run or Cr ignition or both ,bottom line its still a 125 with a big flywheel.The new bikes are coming with alot closer jetting and as already stated the new Cr125s for 2012 run pretty great out of the box.
  5. pollolittle Husqvarna
    AA Class

BillF, if I ever get the chance to buy another bike, I think I might have to go with someone that is willing to answer the question, instead of I DUNNO! Well done and thanks for the info. Your fix sounds like I would have to call you about it.

So, if they were to do the CR Digital Kokasan with the little rotor, it should cure it. Two items how much? And then what would the cure be like? Some representation of the ride description might help? Is there a checklist of things to make sure it is setup correctly from the getgo?

If nobody else responds with an interest, nevermind the questions, cause I don't even have a 125! I'm just curious.

It would be interesting to know the difference between the demo bike and some of these with bad experiences. I am unsure that my 5'10" 225lb body would do well on a 125. I bought into a WR360 and its a riot and a handful, which I thought would fit me better instead of a small motor. I have ridden a KX 65 and its a little motor that has to have it's neck rung with me sitting on it to get it to perform, not that I have the ability to wring it's neck.

Anyway thanks for the replies and if the local guy here quits selling Husky or Husky parts I may have to start looking your way.
  6. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Thanks for all the replies and info. I've made a fairly substantial powervalve adjustment and I installed a 52 tooth rear sprocket that Motoxotica shipped to me in one day! :applause: I'm headed out in the morning to give it a try. :banana:
  7. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Did you guys change the teeny tiny jet in the TMXX? not the pilot....that other real tiny sucker that does alot of the detuning
  8. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    The only jetting change from stock is a 40 pilot. I don't have a manual and not familiar with the carburetor.
  9. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

I bet he took his screw drivers with him!dan
    Coffee likes this.
  10. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

I changed the PV setting as well and it feels much better just buzzing it around the neighborhood. I'll be taking it out in the dirt tomorrow but I think that it may do the trick. We'll see tomorrow.
  11. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Can you guys post a pic of what you're doing to the PV? I'd like to try it on the CR and see what it does.
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Krieg there is pic of it on here somewhere I just used it to set mine up; I'll look for it for ya.
  13. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Heres the specs on flywheels weights are different but notice the size of 2011 and earlier
    Cr125/150 flywheel 1.0 lbs
    1999-2011 Wr flywheel 2 lbs.
    2012 Wr125 Ducati flwheel 1.5 but way smaller in circumfrence also.
    pic 1 Cr stator
    2 Cr/early Wr
    3 Ducati system
    4/5 Early Wr vs Ducati both sides

Attached Files:

john01 and jmetteer like this.
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    If the new system is .5 lbs lighter, it sort of kills the "Too heavy flywheel" theory.....
  15. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Doesn't the stator play a major role in flywheel effect?
  16. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just follow the thread link posted by CelticDude in post#4 in this thread and then scroll down to Kelly's post #9 in the linked thread and you'll see the pic of the linkage. You just loosen the two nuts holding the short arm and adjust the one to the right up 1/2 to 3/4 toward the top. It comes adjusted in the full down position and in Kelly's pic it has already been adjusted about 1/2 way up. When you open it up you'll see a lot of open space above the nut and it will all become clear to you. It's easy and only need an 8mm T-handle and spring puller to get it done. It'll take you all of 15mins or so.
  17. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep it sure does and I can't speak for earlier models but this '12 definitely is not slow and has a helluva strong rip up top. Like I said in earlier posts here I have a 2010 CR125 and once I get this sorted I have no doubt it'll be every bit a ripper as my '10 is.
  18. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

vntgmx,do you have a spark arrestor on your 2012 or is your exhaust system stock?dan
  19. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Its also the size the outer circumfrence is at least a half inch larger on the old style causeing alot more energy needed to get it turning.also you can see how small the Cr flywheel is it all just makes the old ones spool up slower.Also the new Ducati still does rev way slower than the Cr just the digital ignition enhances the power ,like every says the 2012 just rips on top compared to the old ones.The 144cc kit really does help so as kits start comeing in and being installed I think there will be alot more posative feedback on the little WR.
  20. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Stock exhaust system