1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Just Bought 2012 WR125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by CelticDude, Nov 1, 2011.

1. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Ride report! Unfortunately while the powervalve adjustment does help on the bottom end, there is still absolutely no mid range. You give it throttle in first and it takes off like an angry 80 then the power flattens a bit and bogs then the amazing ripping lightswitch top end comes in with a change of about 500 RPM. It was four stroking a bit on the bottom so I pulled the carb to check the floats. The float valve was closing just before the floats topped out. I did a little adjustment so they would close the float valve about 3/8" down and the bike ran cleaner on the bottom but that was about it. I was going to race my new bike on Sunday but for now it will sit in my garage until Husqvarna or somebody has an answer. Right now this thing is basically unridable. I'm not very happy with my $6500 investment. Guess I'll go get my good old YZ ready to go.
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    You really paid $6500? :eek: You're kidding right?
  3. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Not kidding, the 2012 Husky WR125 costs $6500 out the door. Plus, I had to buy an aftermarket spark arrestor muffler in order to ride it. Kind of amazing that Husky doesn't provide a spark arrestor since any event held in the US on USFS or BLM land requires it. :confused:
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Read the little sticker on the rear fender.... Not a legal trail bike anymore.
  5. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Good point! I'm sure some overpaid MBA figured out that a 2 cent sticker is much cheaper than a $130 spark arrestor! :doh:
    MotoXotica likes this.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

CelticDude that sucks that your new Husky isn't sorted and going with you. I think someone like BillF will get them sorted but it should have came from Husky/dealer ready to go IMHO. Thank goodness I have the 08 CR144 and never had to go through what you WR owners have to. I still say Husky needs to put at least some tuning money into their 2-strokes. Good luck and sorry to read about the ongoing WR tuning issues. Oh.... big thanks out to BillF for his insite/help.
  7. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    At least the 150 kit will be here in a couple of weeks. Maybe I'll go ahead and order the RB Airstriker Keihin carb.
  8. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well had a chance to test my PV adjustment and jetting on the '12 WR125 and all is good to go now. It runs like a typical 125 now.
    Here's where I'm at and I'll be breaking it in further this Wed. at the MX track so I should at that point know if any further fine tuning is needed jetting wise but I'd say it's pretty damn close at the moment.
    I'm running the needle clip raised one from stock(ie richer by one)....put in a 40 pilot(45 was stock)...air screw is 2 turns out...idle is set so it just barely stays running with no throttle...small PV arm is set about 3/4 to full top...stock it was fully bottomed out....I'm in NJ at basically sea level and it's mid 50s with no humidity around here these days.
  9. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    My jetting is the same as yours. How exactly did you set the PV arm?
  10. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Loosened the two screws on the small metal arm and the part that is elongated and has an opening I moved upward till it was about 3/4" toward the top of that elongated opening. This in effect dropped the long plastic rod it is attached to that goes to the PVs almost to where it touches the bottom of the cylinder it's housed in. If you look at Kelly's pic which is post#9 in the thread/link you referenced earlier in this thread you can see it so it becomes clearer.
    I thought you had said you settled on the needle the second notch from the top which would be opposite of where I have mine which is 2nd notch from the bottom which in my case raised it and richened up that circuit and yours would be leaned out if it's 2nd from the top??
  11. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Hmmm... that's the same way I adjusted my powervalve. Yeah, you are right on the needle position. I tried it where yours is and it ran a bit rich. The only main difference now is the Leo Vince spark arrestor muffler on mine. I can't run the stock muffler anywhere except an MX track.
  12. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Sounds like the Ducati ignition with being a little lighter and a different curve is something I will be interested in. That being said, I like the heavy flywheel effect for where I ride, don't really want the power spooling up to quickly, I need traction and smooth power.
    The reason some have trouble with the WR is it takes a lot of fuel in the mid-range to get that heavy flywheel spinning. When I was trying the mikuni, I was able to get it rich enough in the middle but then it would be too rich on bottom and top. That was before the RM needle was discovered by Darin. I moved on to 36mm PWK with NOZF needle and that got it pretty close. Not saying it will rev as quick as a CR, but that is not what I am looking for. I am sure there are differences in PV's also because everyones jetting seems to be different, but the main thing is to have enough fuel to get the flywheel spinning.
    GP
    GP
  13. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you put it back to the stock position that doesn't work either?
    Did you try the needle that comes in the jetting kit with the bike? I haven't and I don't even know if it's a richer or leaner one but you might want to try that just for the helluva it...
  14. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    I've got another Hare Scrambles on Sunday. Hope I can get this figured out by then. I think I'm going to take the cover off of the PV valve and try a bunch of settings. I might try that needle also and some more jetting changes. :confused:
  15. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Might try the Rm needle , 5.0 slide etc , etc works well
  16. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Thanks. I'd like to try the 5.0 slide but all the spares in my kit were duplicates of what I already have. So I have 2 - 4.0 slides, 2- 45 pilots etc...
  17. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Cut one of the 4.0's to a 5.0
  18. MR54L Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Pollution Laws world wide are making life hard for manufactures of the 2T, warranty is also an issue. Have a play tuning and you may be very happy with the resaults. I had issues with my 2008 Wr250, now all sorted :cheers:
  19. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Hmmm... wonder what happened to the great posting someone made here this morning?
  20. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey folks,
    Been a while since I've posted here, some of you may remember me, some not, but I just picked a WR125 up on Tuesday. Been readin ever since. I bought a new TE450 back in 07 and been having a blast play riding mostly dual sports and some enduro's for fun, but been getting the 2 stroke itch again. Now that they are street legal, it was a no brainer for me to pick one up. I raced the A light class for about 5 years in the ECEA. Was running YZ125's back then (1994 to 1999) and absolutely loved them. I can't wait to get this bike broke in and jetting straightend out. Hopefully this week end. Once I get some time on it, I'll let you know what I think.
    lankydoug likes this.