1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Just Bought 2012 WR125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by CelticDude, Nov 1, 2011.

1. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

No enduros for me just an hare scramble here and there with a couple of dual sports thrown in. That combined with MX practice track days and vintage motocross keeps me busy. Just did the Hammer run dual sport and that's the kind of trail riding I'm looking to do without all the time keeping etc....
    I don't see any need for the RM needle as I have mine running really good at the moment...
  2. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep,
    Hammer Run...I think Sunday was the better day for me. That kind of stuff is definately what I love to ride.
  3. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

I did sunday only and it was epic conditions...the dirt couldn't have been better!
  4. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeh, that is right. BTW maybe I missed it, but do you still have the 460 main in? I talked to a lady who talked to Bob and he relayed that he did not change a thing jets nor PV adjustment on my bike. Weird how mine had a 35 pilot and no one else seems to have had that. I adjusted the PV and am getting ready to put it back together to try and dial in the jetting. Just so happens I'm off work today:)
  5. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Honestly I never looked at the main as my issues were not in that area of the carb. Mine were all PV,needle and pilot related. I'll be interested to hear where your PV arm is when you open it up and take a look. Mine was all the way at the bottom and I adjusted it almost all the way to the top and it cured my ills.
  6. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

My PV arm was all the way at the bottom too. I moved it up where everyon else did. I'm not going to be able to get out to try it today so I'm not sure yet about the changes. I'm going to do the step by step jetting by doing my main first, then sort out the rest. I left the 35 pilot in for now, left the screw in the same spot (so i have something to compare to from prior rides) and threw in a 480 main. Whenever I get out to dial it in, I'll post up my results. I'd like to thank everyone for all their posts and knowledge so folks like me who get into the game late......actually have it easier.
  7. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Gotta admit, I was little skeptical with the pics of the 2012 Black Frames. I stopped @ Hall's yesterday to see the new bikes in person and they look great!
  8. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    I rode for a couple of hours today. Ended up with the idle mixture screw 2-1/2 turns out and it runs clean from top to bottom. It is taking a little getting used to since my YZ250 has so much power everywhere that I never have to pay attention what gear I'm in. I had dropped the preload on the rear shock and it felt great. I think I may adjust the front fork preload spacers to get a bit more static sag. I did a few laps on a motocross track and felt I was going faster than I had in a long time. I was definitely flying higher over the jumps.
  9. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    That would mean you need a smaller pilot.
  10. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Yeah, that's technically correct but my motor likes the fat pilot in the mid range. I think I'll run it like this for a while.
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  12. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Thanks for the basic carb tuning info. I bought a Powernow intake divider plate on flea bay and put that in today. Also caved in and dropped the pilot to a 45. Wilseyville Hare Scrambles tomorrow!
  13. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    The bike worked great today! Pulled great off the bottom and ran very clean. Just a tiny little flat spot in the middle. The rear suspension is amazing and the front end works great except going through all the the rocks in the river bed. Just a little bouncy. Can't wait for the 150 kit. :banana:
  14. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

OK,
    Did some jetting and put on 40+ miles of single track and fire cut riding. I rode it like I was in a race the whole time. Bike ran really well and ripped right along. The handling is awesome. I was wondering how I was gonna tell the wife that I needed to send out the suspension for close to a grand on a "brand new" bike. Turns out, I don't feel the need. It handles breaking bumps, woops, roots, and just sticks where I put it in all turns. I am really, really impressed with the stock suspension. Yesterday was a perfect day for riding, temps reached 60. As far as the jetting, this is where I'm at:

500 main (the richest I have)
    40 pilot
    1 3/4 turn out on screw
    needle clip second from bottom (one rich on needle)

It runs clean, no bog, no hessitation, no stumble, throws a roost anytime I choose. Silencer has a little goo on the end but no drip. I feel the biggest improvement was the needle change. Really made it pull through the mid. I think it's running a tad rich by looking at the plug, but I was in some very tight 1st gear stuff at times and never fouled a plug so I'm happy. I would of liked to have hit a "too" rich condition with a bog or something but I could only acheive that through the mixture screw right off idle when I messed with it.
    I am definately going to a 52 (used these while racing enduro's) rear sprocket. For my style of riding and terrain I ride, I know this will just make a great bike greater.
    Opinions on the plug?

Attached Files:

15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Plug looks good to me... Suspension should be good for South Jersey, but come up to a PA rock run or NY and you'll be sending it out to Drew Smith/WER for a revalve.
  16. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep, it would have gone to Drew. He did wonders to my 2001 KTM 400exc play bike. The only rocks I'll be doing is Hancock, Mill Hall, Renfro Valley, Shenandoah....... and some GPS mountain rides on our own in PA and I'll be riding my 07 TE450. I bought this 125 for playing around home, doing some local enduro's and hare scrambles.....
  17. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Not to piss anyone off...BUT...When i was a Husky/Husaberg/KTM dealer....We setup every single bike that left that shop...

Most KTMs where easy, some extra grease here and there and replace this and that....and rejet almost all of them
    Bergs about the same thing....
    Huskys...some ran perfect and some didnt...a good and responsible dealer shouldnt let a bike leave their shop, in a crate or in a truck, without being setup properly...

And its not just a Husky thing...every brand from Euro to Jap has this problem....
    speedkills and jmetteer like this.
  18. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Doesn't look bad but a tad on the rich side which is better then lean. Personally I'd drop the main one and see what you think.
  19. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    What needle number/slide # is in there? If those are 74's those bikes have to be starving.
  20. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

the 2012 stock jetting is a 45 pj,460mj,4.0slide,6dey15-74 needle,clip in the middle.dan