1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Just Bought 2012 WR125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by CelticDude, Nov 1, 2011.

1. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Status update on the 2012 150 kits? :popcorn:
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I called to check on mine Monday. No definite word yet from Husky NA which is thoroughly PISSING ME OFF! Why can't Husky get the simple things right? WTF?

Huskies I've owned or presently own:

• 08 TE 250
    • 09 WR 300
    • 09 CR 125
    • 09 TXC 250
    • 10 TXC 250
    • 10 TC 250
    • 11 TE 449
    • 11 CR 150
    • 12 CR 125

Future Huskies I might own....

NONE! Unless the get their damn shit together.

Oh, yeah, BTW, Happy Thanksgiving dammit. :mad:
    Parfo79 likes this.
  3. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Dude you would have never made it on a Husky in the 80s and 90s...had too wait months on parts....for non running bikes..
    demi likes this.
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

My guess is it is a sub-contractor problem. The kits would be in the crate if they were available. Husky should at least keep you informed on what is up. No news in this case is bad news.
  5. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just have Walt make you a 165
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I am very encouraged after my discussions with a local aluminum expert on making the newer 125 cylinder borable to 165. Should know a lot more come Monday.
    Parfo79 likes this.
  7. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    I'm thinking that your 165 kit with the CR ignition would be the Bomb! :banana:
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

It is for me, but everyone has there own specific needs when it comes to dirt bikes. What a great time to ride when there are so many great bikes available.
  9. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    I'm ready to give it a try. I've been riding 125s a long time. This is an ISDE in southern Oregon in 1986 where I scored a class win on my 125 Husky. Must have been the Terry Cunningham replica outfit! :D
    Doug Racing1986.jpg
  10. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

Doug,nice photo:notworthy:!do you feel like going for a ride Sunday?regarding150 kits,they are in the US.they went to the new parts warehouse in PA.however, not every thing is set up for them to start shipping out the parts from the new warehouse yet:(.the new husky riding clothing also went to the new warehouse and we are anxious to get them as many have ordered:mad:.hand in their Kreig,you will get yours before we get ours being back east.Dan
  11. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Personally, I prefer buying my bikes in the crate & unhatch them when I'm ready. When I pull them out, they go thru my own special setup recipe which takes about ~20-30 hours or so, depending how much stuff needs to be added. I haven't had any operational issues on any of my bikes so far, but if I did, given what's available on sites like this I wouldn't likely get too stressed about it as I know I'll get the issue sorted soon enough.
    jmetteer and wallybean like this.
  12. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Hey Dan, Let's ride on Sunday. I'm ready!
  13. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Make sure that that stock starvation 74 needle gets given to a junkie (bout all its good for) get the 60 in there!
  14. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    I just ordered the Suzuki needles.
  15. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Are you getting a 6CHY-16-62?
    I'd be interested in how it works in the 12
  16. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Make sure you pair it up with the 5.0 slide (More fuel = more air :thumbsup: More fuel = no air :thumbsdown:). I would also recommend getting Walt's spring kit and use Stock/ silver spring combo, to delay the powervalve some, helps get rid of that mid flat spot and have a nice transition.

Send your carb out to RB and get the front divider/low circuit mods. (Trust me, you need this).

I just got done building (2) new modded TMXX's and I have alot of hours in both carbs. The 250 is close to being done and feels like a gas gas on steroids. I am itching to ride the one on the 144 but my suspension is apart. The 144 now has a cool exhaust rasp and feels like it revs up quicker.

If I keep getting great results, I might start doing carbs this spring or may do a tutorial mod thread or tutorial/carb kit you can get.

Thanx

Darin
    wallybean likes this.
  17. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Dan is checking on a 5.0 slide for me. I have a brand new 4.0 to trade! I do have the Powernow divider plate on the intake. I wonder if it makes much difference if the plate is on the inlet or outlet of the carburetor? Seems it would have a similar effect. Thanks for your help.
  18. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    RB can cut yours real reasonable. Divider has to be on front,engine side only. I cut a rear one in a TMXX and it lost top end.
  19. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    I highly recommend the RB mods.... Coupled with the 17/62 needle. My 150 rips!
  20. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    OK. Carb headed to RB. Might get it back when my 150 kit gets here! :banana: