1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Just bought a 2013 250 WR.... Now what?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnny105, Sep 21, 2013.

1. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    I have the CX which only means it has a card and a little more memory. Be sure to get one that can download data. Garmin has a 3 cd map of the US (or anywhere) that is $150. new and works simular to google earth. You can download your tracks onto the program.
    Schrup likes this.
  2. Johnny105 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR250 (Sold), 14 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 KTM 50sx (daughters), 14 RMZ450

What year Honda CR250R gaskets do I need to buy?
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Bill's put the gaskets on before they shipped me the bike new in the crate. I think they are for an 04 CR250
  4. Johnny105 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks!
  5. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    most important have fun!
  6. mkfox Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 Greeves Griffon
    Buy lots of fuel and oil. You will not want to stop riding it!
    2premo and Dirtdame like this.
  7. Johnny105 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Rode a team race GP this weekend and I am overall pretty happy with the WR. The JD Jet Kit definitely cleaned up with carb issues with the stock setup. The only issue I seem to have is firing this thing up. I changed to an Iridium plug but it appears to be very hard to start still. I also resealed the carb and reed block with form a gasket. Installed Rekluse exp 2.0 which helped a bunch in the tight stuff this weekend. Pro Circuit pipe/silencer should be here tomorrow. May need to have the suspension worked on, it wasn't very plush.

What is everyone running for mix? I am running 40:1 Motul 800 and VP C12 and seem to have a bunch of spooge still. The plug looks like a good tan burn and isn't oily or anything.

Overall, I think I am selling my 2013 KTM 250 SX :banana:
    sabortooth likes this.
  8. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    running 40:1 with amsoil and pump 93,I run the pwk carb though.you will allways have hard starting with the mukini in my opinion.That was my reason for switching.
  9. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    My bike was reasonably easy to start with the Mikuni jetting sorted. Maybe a bit worse than the PWK but not bad.

Unplug your headlight (if you're running one) and see if it makes a difference, it does for me!
  10. Bryan M Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    10 GasGas ec300, 12 Ducati Monster
    me experience with hard starting: typically rich on the pilot circuit, and find TDC before you kick it....lights up in two to four kicks usually. Swap the stock mikuni out and dont look back.
  11. Schrup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300
    I need some bark busters, what is the best bang for the buck that will fit? I also bought a bunch of 2T Castrol dino oil on cleareance. I was thinking of using it in my kids kx60, is it ok to burn in my bike as well?
  12. Bryan M Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    10 GasGas ec300, 12 Ducati Monster
    Tusk hand guards from rockymountainatvmc.com fit and work well...IMHO best bang for the buck. Oil is a whole nother topic no two people agree on usually. If it was my new bike id skip the castrol Dino and run something like super m, maxima 927, klotz, amsoil or similar. Just my 2cents
  13. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I have had really good luck with the Moose contour handguards (same as the enduro engineering ones).

I use Maxima Super M, but there are lots of good oils out there. The Castrol dino stuff is probably "fine" but obviously isn't as good as a nice synthetic or synthetic blend. It's probably not going to hurt anything though!
  14. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    I've got enduro engineering handguards and skid plate. I've been running Rotella TTT 15/40 with no issues.
  15. Schrup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300
    I picked up a Garmin 62ST from REI today, it was on clearence for $285. I also ordered a Ram mount for it. Next will be the bark busters, really need them.
  16. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    What Ram mount you getting?
  17. Schrup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300
    I ordered the one that clamps on the handle bars, it was the $35 one. There was a cheaper one, but ll the reviews were good on the one bought.

Here's a link
  18. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Run a lanyard from the GPS to the mount/bars, unless you like buying new GPSs. Don't ask me how I know.
    Schrup likes this.
  19. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Just get some Cycras and dont look back. Forget about the cost. I have seen guys smash the cheaper hand guards and the metal guard snapped off the mounts.
    Schrup likes this.
  20. HSrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

You might dump the motul 800. I learned this weekend on my WR144 that it is my problem with all my spooge. I had a chance to ride my 12 300XC that my friend bought and the bike was totally different than when I had it. He cleaned the carb and switched to his premix which is 93 pump fuel and amsoil premix and that thing ran great and very clean. I am going to try that in my 144 the next time I ride and see what happens. I think it will be a different bike as well. I was running the motul at 50:1 and still had spooge.

Just a thought.