1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Just bought a 2013 250 WR.... Now what?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnny105, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    HaHa, me too. I'm pretty sure I even went over it with my front tire, but somehow only ended up with a slight scratch on the screen protector.
    lucky day.
  2. Schrup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300
    I'll probable go with the Cycras. This week I'm spending money on petcocks. I ordered one for my son's KX & the next day he broke a nipple off the petcock on his XR when he went down in a giant puddle. It was a pain to get back to the staging area, we had to stop about every half mile to fill the carb until it would run out again. At least we didn't have to push it.

Now a tool kit is top priority, I had one mounted on the rear fender of my old XR & it worked well.Don't really want to carry anything on me.
  3. jmp2001 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    I bought a new 2013 wr250 in January and had a bitch of a time starting the bike for the first few months. I'm not that experienced, but I think it was a matter of getting the thing broken in. I also got the bike jetted and ran the headlight wires to the smaller bulb in the headlamp. Now the bike usually starts on the second or third kick, with much less kickback or resistance. To start it easier cold, I usually put mine in gear and rock it back and forth gently about 10 times, and then kick it over and it will usually fire right up. It doesn't help that the kickstarter is so short and placed so far up on the engine! Im still dealing with a fair amount of spooge, even after it got jetted. I was using Maxima Castor 927 at 40:1, but now switched to Bel Ray HR1 at 42:1 in hopes that the spooge will be reduced! As far as the suspension goes, I lowered the rear suspension, but the dealer told me that I would probably have to go for a different spring since I weigh around 165. I will probably re-jet if the spooge doesn't resolve.
  4. Bryan M Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    10 GasGas ec300, 12 Ducati Monster
    spooge doesnt have too much to do with oil selection. The 927 does have a higher flash point and is more prone to spooge but in the end its a jetting issue. Probably pilot jet and needle needle selection. You made it slightly leaner going from 40:1 to 42:1. FWIW I run 32:1 and have very little spooge unless I am very slow all day in single track type stuff.
  5. jmp2001 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Thats mostly what I ride is the single track!
  6. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Been and gone, TL1000R & FIreblade
    Get the lectron on your wr and you won't look back. Mine wouldn't start when hot with the standard carb, now with the lectron it's first or second kick (normally because I don't have it a proper kick when I'm tired). Best modification I've spent money on and takes away the worry of cutting out away so you can get on with riding :)
  7. Bryan M Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    10 GasGas ec300, 12 Ducati Monster
    Im going to have to echo the other other posts on here about swapping the carb. You will chase your tail with the mikuni if thats what you still have on it. I have a pwk and will be getting a lectron here in the next 90 days
  8. Ran Caulfield Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 Wr300,13 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    none at the mo
    I have WR300,I run Global Racing oil at 50:1 with JD jet kit,runs crisp with no spooge at all 50hrs from new zero issues