1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Just picked up a TE310. Can someone help me out?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by gp1152, Mar 16, 2013.

1. River-Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511, 2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM690 Enduro
    Yes, BMP.

We have a regional tire company called Les Schwab Tires on the west coast. They may never be the cheapest; but I know when my wife pulls into any of their locations, they will treat her with the upmost respect and truely care that she is fixed, first time and back on the road SAFELY. I will only deal with Les Schwab for anything they sell or service. Good people.

I feel exactly the same way about BMP. We are 58-year old riders who don't ever push the limits of our Husky's, but I know I am dealing with an above board, honest group of folks who care about my recreational experience. Life is short and I appreciate someone who I believe treats me fairly. Sounds like there are a number of really good Husky dealers around the country, I'm glad BMP is only 40 minutes south!
  2. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Streetfighter 1098s
    I'm sure it'll get better, but I doubt it would be such a 180 degree difference from what it is now.

I don't mind having to making the changes people recommend here, like the Injector & ECU. Hopefully that does the trick.
  3. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm with you R.R. I'm not looking to do any too-technical riding. Just wanted something light and that fit me well. Saw the husky and loved it.

Can definitely relate to wanting to deal with good people/companies. It's always worth a little more in the long run.
  4. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    It smooths out some after 250 miles or so. But it is important to be aware of two things. This bike prefers to be ridden aggressively. The throttle responds best that way and the bike handles better that way. The other thing being that your'e new to dirt. Aggressive is probably 180 degress from your riding style. Apprehensive, timid and extremely cautious would be my guess as best descriptors.

I'd recommend a dirt class. Riding dirt is VERY different. There are many habits you've built riding street that are bad news in the dirt. Learning proper techniques will make the learning experience more fun and less painful.

You have a great bike there. One other option is to pick up a $200 JD Jetting tuner. That's what I got. That and the power up helped enough. I'm not sure I need the tuner anymore. I should unhook it and see. I put mine on before the bike was broken in.
  5. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    You forgot the part about the tampon...lol. You don't know me so I won't take offense.

Seriously, I am new to dirt, but we ride with people that are more experienced riders. So far I've kept up. The point was that I got the bike so it could take me to places my streetbike couldn't (see picture below of a recent ride in Death Valley). Sure I want to have fun, but I know my limits for now. And yes, I understand street riding is much different than riding on dirt, but it's not like I'm on a scooter (below is a pitcure of my other means of "transportation"):

[IMG]

[IMG]
    OlderHuskyRider and JasonMF like this.
  6. Radar Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
  7. ARH Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TE250, '74 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oset 20.0
    Also check sag, I was completely frustrated trying to get the suspension set right with the clickers, the bike seemed to dive in front. I took it to a suspension expert and got the sag set right by switching to a softer spring in back, the stock spring was too stiff (I weigh 120 lbs.) It really improved the handling.
  8. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    +1 on the DRZ400 ! Picking one up this weekend, can't wait!...

I always thought the suspension should be stiff for offroad stuff, you don't want that seat to sag and come up and push you towards handbars when you aren't expecting it... But I do believe that most of the Husky TE models are too stiff just by nature of design.
  9. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    NOW we're talking!! Took the bike to Motoxotica and Dan straightened everything out with my bike. Did the power-up kit and all the other necessities (Injector, ECU, catalytic removal, etc). Definite night and day difference. Still a little snatch in the throttle, but not much. Bike is now fun and rideable. What a f#$%ing relief!!! Incredible how much crap they have to remove or replace on this bike to get it to this point......

[IMG]

As for my experience at motoxotica....I couldn't be happier. Dan and his wife are great people and treated me right. Their mechanic was also great guy and patiently went over all the work he did on the bike and answered all my questions.
    It's nice to come across a shop like this that can give the personal service that is (unfortunately) very rare these days. And trust me.....I'm pretty picky. If it's any indication, I have a Husky dealer 11 miles from me. Motoxotica is a 45 mile drive away. I never even bothered calling the closer dealer after my initial experience with motoxotica the other day. I gladly drove the 45 miles to be able to have them work on my bike. I will definitely be back.

Want to also mention that I spoke to Bill and he was nice enough to take time to give me his input on what could be done. If you're close to him consider yourself lucky to have another valuable resource close by.
    AllOut84 likes this.
  10. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    There should be a few hundred dollar rebate if you post the emissions crap back to the factory to be bolted onto the next bike (only to be taken off again...)

Good work, glad its sorted.
  11. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    That Would be "Eco-compensation". Recycling all that garbage surely would compensate for the excess emissions, right?
  12. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Would there be any reason to keep any of these parts? Would the stock ECU be of value to anyone or should I just trash this stuff?
  13. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Hah.. Good point.
    Maybe it just should be biodegradable.

Perhaps pass the stuff on when you sell the bike.
  14. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's what I have done with my other bikes, but this stuff seems so worthless I wasn't sure if it even had any value to the next owner.
  15. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Was there a throttle stop on your bike? If so, what did it look like?
  16. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    There was a throttle stop and its been removed. Will have to check that pile to see if its there. Will check a bit later tonight.
  17. Dana44 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Congrats on the new whip man!

Just picked a new 2012 TE310 myself in December. If the dealer didn't do it for you already bump your idle speed up to around 2,100RPM warm. Adj screw is on the right side.
    Even with the power up kit I found mine would pop and die ALOT when I let off the throttle. Mostly during the first 50 miles but it got pretty annoying.

Also. Not sure what husky was thinking with the 40T sprocket and super short chain. I bought a 48T and new gold chain. Much better fit. I left some slack to play with contersprocket size but so far just swapping out the rear for a 48 feels great. I hit 72 MPH at 10,000RPM. Don't really want to push it anymore just yet. Once I hit 300miles and adjust my valves I'll ride her harder.
    Motosportz on here has a good selection of Husky sprockets and parts. Bought thier aluminum skid plate and it fits like a glove.
  18. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    You live in CornHoleAfornia just like me my friend. Better to throw it in a box in case the CARB man comes around trying to shove sniffers up your tailpipe. Then they will of course want to perform a smog check. :D
  19. LBM. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Honda CB550F
    Agreeded, keep the injector and ecu, also could save some dia time in the future if the efi acts up. Congrats on new ride.

2011 TE310 at 56.3 h
    Coffee likes this.
  20. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    The guys at motoxotica took care of the idle because it WAS idling pretty low.

Thanks for the tips in the sprockets. Will definitely keep it mind.