1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Just picked up a TE310. Can someone help me out?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by gp1152, Mar 16, 2013.

1. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I got the 2004 WR450F - It's liquid cooled - I believe the 99 model is fan only , hence the problems over heating.

I don't know man... The TE is a race engine basically. I know there are other 250s that can sustain long road travel, but their intended use was more oriented towards actual dual sport rides which involves more road riding - and less potent of an engine as a result.

Do you know how high you kept the revs? As I mentioned - from factory - there is a throttle limiter (not the redline) that prevents you from exceeding 6500rpms , and I believe gives you a 6 month warranty. When you power it up and remove throttle stop, among other things, your warranty is void. There is a reason for that ;) I'd just be careful, keep an eye on oil levels, and if you are sustaining high revs, frequent oil changes to make sure it's clean and fresh. This hasn't been documented too well so it's kind of an on-going experiment :popcorn:.

That said, I have a 2010 TE 250 - and absolutely love it in the woods / tight stuff.

I don't know how much more powerful a 310 is then a 250. But a TE449 , I would imagine, be fine for 55mph travel as long as you are weary of the oil and such. I guess it also depends on Sprocket sizes too. Problem with the smaller bores (250 and 310) is that they hold so little oil - and on some models, the oil gets sucked up through the airbox...

On my 2010 TE 250 - 6th gear is practically useless and garners no power. Maybe it's different on a 310. If you are sustaining 6000rpms - I wouldn't worry too much - just change that oil and maintain it well.
  2. gp1152 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Streetfighter 1098s
    Had it right around 6,000 RPM. Bike didn't seem to be complaining ;)
    Probably also worth mentioning that this likely won't be the norm. If any of you have ever been to Death Valley you know that the distances between each place is pretty substantial. This won't be the case when we go to any other place.

Have 250 miles on it so far, but am going to be doing an oil change later tonight after I get the oil and filter I ordered :thumbsup:
  3. worstell Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650, XR250R
    Hey Boogie (and others with 2013 TE310R)- Does the Keihin fuel injection system negate the need to install new ECU/fuel injectors in order to get rid of the abrupt on-off throttle response?

I test road a 2012 TE310 and was really turned off by the abrupt throttle response. It had been modified, but I don't know the specifics other than that the O2 sensor and cat were removed. And it had a rekcluse. Anyway, throttle was either on or off, no middle ground.

I have my eye on a new 2013, and want to be sure I'm not going to have to drop a lot of extra $$$ to make it run right.
  4. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic/Ducati SFV2
    You don't need an injector or other ecu on the '13. The Keihin and stock ecu work well. Swap filter frame, leaving bf screen, and re-flash ecu with open race map. See that velo stack is opened up and cat removed for best performance. My O2 is installed and exhaust otherwise stock. I like the fact it's of minimal to no cost to make the changes which are dramatic.

The on/off sensation is lessened with the re-fueling. It may be what you sense is much to due with the weight of the flywheel. I don't notice it any more/non issue. Another FI bike is similar in nature. A PIA when box stock off the showroom, but re-flashed and updated, a much better bike.
  5. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    I agree with Johnrg. Only differences being that my bf screen is not installed, and I don't have a velo stack at all. Only one I got with my bike is the restricted one. Suppose I could dremel out the end, but does it make a difference vs not having it installed?

Throttle response seems good to me, definitely not what I would call abrupt or switch-like.
  6. Nordic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oset 20
    As Mike notes, the G2 throttle tamer is worth the money. Between this, more time in the saddle and changing out the rear sprocket for a 50 tooth, my bike is completely different than it was when I brought it home, much better. It was "powered up" but I have not messed with the maps. One step at a time.
  7. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Go the 2013. No ecu/injector upgrade required, they got a bit more power and the EFI is battery-less (can be kickstarted on dead battery unlike the 2012)

I've got 1500 dirt kms and this bike continues to impress... :thumbsup: