Kamo on a Husky 449

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by racemx904, Jan 7, 2011.

1. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    his just signed the Husky for the BITD, National H & H, and maybe USDR....sweet we have an awesome dez team...
  2. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

wow, wonder what happened with KTM? I guess we will see Kamo in Ty Davis's pits now...Im kinda rooting for Abbott to make a come back
    In fact the first H&H race is like the 23rd In lucerne, Im going (not racing though) Be there Friday the 20th.
    Mike
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  4. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

That would be this guy right
    http://vimeo.com/15726846
    mike
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sweet and another pinkin just rotten off their vine and found new growth in a much better place ...
  6. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

This guy :D

Morelia ISDE 2010....

No more orange for him though :applause:

:cheers:

Mitch

Attached Files:

7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This is from a 100% Husky guy, but it has been sad times, not awful, to see a bike other than Husky move into a position to challenge the asian bikes ... now the veggie crowd has to be moved first but that is OK also ... Husky only needs riders!
  8. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Agreed:thumbsup::applause: I wish Husky would announce their GNCC plans so us east coast guys can have something to get excited about. Good to see Husky spending money on talent :applause:
  9. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    That would be him....if you are suggesting that he sticks because of that crash you are crazy...most if not all desert races have taken their fair share of bad dirt samples...including all the greats
  10. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

It was in jest, I know about Kamo, I have been gong to the socalif. H&h's for some time.

Hers a famous clip of ty davis and destry abbott fighting for the checker flag.

Davis and Abbott used to battle some great H&H's. Yep even the best
    go down.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eJPQA5AJ-0

I think this was a great move for Ty Davis to pick up Kamo, also could be a great move for Kamo. If BMW puts the resources behind the husky
    (lord knows they can afford too) And Davis moving into a very important
    spot with BMW-HUSKY with all his skill and getting some first class racers behind him, It will be really interesting to see what happens.

Kamo is a first class racer, He finishes in the top three in H&H almost every race. Pearson for KTM, Norman for honda (well almost, campbell racing) and Abbott for kawasaki The H&H series should be really good this year. Whats really good about Kamo with Husky is Husky could very well
    be on the podium right there with KTM, kawasaki, and Honda.

No, this was a good move for husky (Ty).
    Mike
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Pearson is no longer with KTM Heard he will be on a Honda for the Parker race this weeken
  12. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

2011 Factory supported Dez race teams,

Husky: Nic Burson, David Kamo

Honda (JCR): Kendall Norman. Quinn Cody?

KTM: Kurt Caselli

Kawasaki: Destry Abbott

David Pearson will be on privateer Honda's

Its going to be a fun season for sure, watching all this talent go head to head. Plus, all the local D-37 regulars and other pro's who show up from race to race.

Mitch
  13. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Oh thats great to see whos riding for who, Pearson on a honda? Wow,
    so now KTM only has Kurt? What happened?

The last race at Lucerne, was the best race I ever saw, seems Pearson and Norman had a grudge match going, they flat flew through the course with Norman leading the whole race, and Pearson right on his tail. At the very last mile or so, pearson passed Norman for the win.
    Like 3 min. later Abbott came in for third, and a few min. later Kamo came in.

I was on the course watching some of the action, and it looked like Pearson and Norman were going to go down hard, and Destry would have won it. Didnt happen, but I never saw two guys so close and so almost out of control as Norman and Pearson.

Anyone going to the first race in Lucerne on the 23rd? Im going beside some great trail riding, should be some great racing. Any of you guys that race this stuff, and you want some help pitting Ill give you a hand
    Once pitted for Abbott at a remote pit in the pouring down rain, It was a blast.

thats my klx300 siting there in the kawy pits
    [IMG]

Some day Im going to race an H&H, in the wheel chair old mad division, But Ill race....My Husky may be just the bike for it. My race would be a fast paced trail ride, and goal would be to stay on the bike the whole race.:lol:
    Mike
  14. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Why would you come out and NOT race .The view from even last place is better then a view from the side lines .The Nationals are NOT that hard .The first loop is set up for every one even beg and quads .i have been a loop captain for the 100s national for many years and want first timers or any one who can trail ride to come do a race .
    I am always trying to figure out why people will do a trail ride but will not race .
    Anyway i will be there if there is alot of the course east of the rock pile i will race the 250 if we stay to the west or north then i will race the 125 against the open class Either way i will be there and plan on doing all of them again N2m
  15. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

I really dont know why, I mean I have wanted to for some years. I do the poker run twice a year, I do the run (two loops- 25 Miles each) back to back and at a good pace. But I want to do a race this year.

Maybe I dont race cause Im afraid I would be so far in front and get off the course, get lost and come in dead last:lol:

Mike
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    There is some sort of stigma with the "race"..... for me its always been about a good ride under safe and controlled conditions. Its always a challenge to myself first never worry about the other guys. This may help to get some folks over the race stigma and just get out and ride the events and enjoy some of the best trails anywhere, under safer conditions than a non sanctioned trail ride with no chase or med staff.
  17. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yeah the other reason I may not race is the possibility I might get approached to ride for Kawy, ktm, husky, who ever. You see Im semi retired and pretty bizzy, dont know if I have the time to ride full time for a team:lol::thumbsup::D:busted:

Mike
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    :thumbsup: good one!!
    One reason I do "race" is to keep my mind in check, just when I think I am going fast some expert or pro comes smokin around me in an impossible/impassable spot and all I see is dust or roost, at that moment my ego is fully checked and under control!!!
  19. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    +1

How old guys race :-) including (especially) me.
  20. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Good ones to you guys too, really though I like to ride and flick my bikes around as well as take a knotty trail through some challenging areas. Normally im pretty cautious, some of our younger riders out there, are not so cautious.

My biggest fear riding, is having a two hundred + pound bike and a 110 pound rider land on my head from the other side of a hill, or getting tee boned on a cross trail by same rider not looking . Jump jump jump seems to be the norm out in the desert. I try and get out away from the jumpers and rippers before I do some challenging things, because most of the jumpers and rippers do it near where everyone seems to stage.

Then if Im by myself, I have to worry about crash and burn miles from camp. Hopefully if that happens, some of the jumpers while in mid air near camp can see the smoke from my burning bike a few miles out.....Besides I have already been hurt three times last year
    Two from someone running into me, the third from a faulty set up on a new to me bike I bought. We old dudes dont heal so fast anymore.

Racing you dont have to worry to much about that because its a one way course, although it still happens I bet. Ill look into racing (if you can call what Ill do racing) the 22 this month at the first H&H.
    Mike