Kamo on a Husky 449

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by racemx904, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Man I hope these bikes get here soon. Starting to get twitchy waiting...

[IMG]
  2. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

A couple of interesting things from DK's report and my own non-professional observations:

1. There is very little armor on the bike. I wouldn't expect much to be available since its a new model that nobody has seen yet, but I find it interesting they are running a 250 mile race and don't feel compelled to fit something up.

2. They got the bike up to 2nd at one point. Seems like it must scoot along ok to me and handle half way decent.

3. DK mentioned the that they had to fill "two tanks." I get this -- there is a larger storage tank and a smaller tank with the fuel pump in it. Seems that the connection between the two is a bit of a limiting factor.

4. Fuel consumption must be pretty bad if they can't get 2.7 gallons to go 50 miles. I get at least 50 miles of wide open sand riding in my 2-stroke. Seems weird to me.

5. Again, Husky is putting too small a tank on their off road bikes. 50 miles is just not enough range for off road. What will the TE owners do? I hope there is an aftrmarket option soon.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    this was at pro race pace int he Dez, I bet us mortals in the woods will get 70-80 miles to a tank.
  4. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

I agree, having seen one up close a couple times, it has a lot of vulnerable pieces with no protection. Wiring more specifically.

No doubt I would have the sensor and wire coming out of the right radiator torn to pieces in an hour. They should ''rubber-ize'' these connections far more. Why have none of the engineers seen this?
  5. Klas Husqvarna
    A Class

Hello Guys

We have tested TE 449 for several hours in tuff conditions. Our importer have one testbike that travels around the country to all dealers. I had a demo day myself in pretty bad conditions with a lot of riders with different skills. And nothing broke on that bike. Works great.

Best regards Klas
  6. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Kamo didnt do so good in the first H&H, I was there but didnt see him. Did see the bikes at zip ty racing.
    Mike
  7. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Word on the forums is DK put a stick through his radiator a few miles in and DNF'd. Also, Nick DNF'd with some sort of mechanical issue. I don't know personally, but am just repeating what has been posted elsehwhere. Anyone know anything more concrete?
  8. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Norman DNF'ED, was hurt I heard. Caselli walked his broken KTM a mile to finish 5th. Pearson must have skipped a lap, that dude came in 5 or more minutes a head of everyone, on his new honda, bet KTM MISSES HIM.[IMG]
    Mike