1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc ktm 150 vs husky 144 in mx form

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by SARG, Dec 25, 2012.

1. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Do a top end replacement on both. Then write back. And, as for power, see my FIRST post in this thread which basically says exactly what you say. The power is similar for sure... until you get to WOT. I stand by my drag race statement and would gladly back it up with a drag race or two or three for anyone who would like to meet at Carolina Adventure World drag track with their "manly" 150 SX's. My whole purpose for prolonging this stupid discussion was to point out the absurd, name-dropping, claims of another poster who felt it necessary to one-up me with words like "vet expert buddies" and "a very fast 40+ expert who finished top 10 at Lorettas a couple of years ago".... Big fuc&in' whoop. I have real-world track experience on both bikes (pre-2012), and the results are obvious. Oh, and then there's the small detail about the woods versions on the dyno... But hey... WTF? Who am I to claim any expertise on the "vet experts who say wow". I'm just an average grass roots MX Dad with years of experience racing both bikes at unsanctioned and sanctioned tracks.... with too many plaques to fit on my son's wall... largely due to Husqvarna 150's. My 150 KTM's were both wonderful.... till they exploded... both mid season.

But hey... again... WTF do I know?
    john01 likes this.
  2. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks!
  3. mnnthbx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thriumph Thruxton, Honda Ruckus
    Looks like you think I singles you out. I didn't. I was making a blanket factual statement. I love Husky's and KTMs and have no angle. All I know from my own experience, is they are both great. How they drag race I don't know. I do buy dirtbikes for races, but not drag races....
  4. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Welp then, if you want to win... The choice is obvious. Unless you choose to put a superhuman "pilot" in the "cockpit"... your choice is Husqvarna.
  5. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    No prob. Just be sure to properly digest the dyno results.
  6. mnnthbx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thriumph Thruxton, Honda Ruckus
    Again, I just bought a new Husky because that's what I wanted, and I love it. That said, in all the racing I've done, the podiums are full of orange, not white....

I'm not, and never did say the KTM is better. I'm just not biased enough to say it's worse.
    vntgmx likes this.
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Don't normally chime in on the 2 stroke side but you guys are killing the mood lol. Here I am just trying to dream of a garage full of bikes (maybe someday). Everyone enjoys this bike versus that one. KTM and Husky both offer amazing bikes. I like reading different people's opinions even if they may have fallen from the sky. Just chill I feel like I'm on a Yamaha again lol

On a lighter note, I saw Ricky Carmichael riding a unicorn. Husky and KTM both suck ;)