KTM 350 freeride 24hp / 218 pound playbike...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    There is no way it will be 4K. 6K would be the bottom is my guess. I do see a market for it. Looks like 10" of travel, maybe low seat, smooth power, e-start, light even compared to CRF230's etc. and should have far better suspension, brakes, handling etc. I see it as a great chick / small dude bike. Lots of people like to simply trail ride not rail and this would be the best bike going for that. KTM has to be about the most nimble company I have ever seen.
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I don't believe anyone will think 218lbs is light weight. It seems like KTM is trying for a long ride trials bike but a trials bike is 145lbs. I get that there is a market for CRF230 type trail bike but they are in the $4,500 range and rightfully so since beginners and not so serious riders usually don't drop serious dollars. I think this bike would be a blast to ride if it was a 2t and weighed in around 180lbs otherwise it seems they are trying to reinvent the wheel. BTW GasGas already makes a version of this kind of bike but they don't import them.

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/es/trial/365-tx-125-randonne.html
    typeone likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I know many chicks that a CRF230 is not good enough for but they don't want a tall 250 pound machine ether. some buy KX100's, some 125's/200's and lower them. Might fill a gap in that but who knows, might not sell at all and be a flop.
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Maybe the price is 4000 euros ?
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I owned a crf230f - NOT light. At least 250lbs..

The 2005 crf230f swing arm weighed 3x what my Husqvarna swing arm weighs. Though I did like it for what is was well enough.
  6. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
  7. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I like it. If it is a stroked 350 made for torque and long engine life it could be a great trail bike. I like how quiet it is in the video.
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    If it was a 2t and weighed about 30 less pounds I would be thinking of buying one. The new Ossa enduro has got my attention now.
  9. GFoz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 Husqvarna FE350
    Not everyone is going to like the new bike but if you do more trailriding than racing then this could be an amazing bike. At that weight it should be very flickable and it should have enough grunt to climb anything. This could be a long term keeper. Less money to buy and less to maintain, sounds good to me. We'll see.....

Check out: http://www.freeride350.com
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hummm "IF" it comes in at 4K....sign me up. I want a fun low seat play bike and right now I'm thinking the new Ossa Explorer 280 2-stroke will be in my garage. Anybody know when the KTM will be out?
  11. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
  12. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Hey it has twin exhaust like my 630. Looks like fun, but not for me. KTM is not my thing.
  13. hodaka bob Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2003 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1974 Hodaka 125, 1974 Can-am 250
    The local Yamadog shop (which quit selling dirt bikes and pit bikes as they don't sell enough) sold 3 XT250's this past year at around $5,000 out the door. I bet some of the folks that bought those would take a look at the KTM.
    Hodaka Bob
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm guessing 7K at the lowest.
  15. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    I think that's a brilliant gap filler between enduro and trials, 98kg is respectable and lighter than any enduro bike of similar cc. In the UK I think they will shift plenty of those.
  16. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not a big Ktm fan , but the video sure makes you want to pick one up and go for a ride
  17. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I looked up that model for a 2012 at a discount dealer it is $4614 out the door for an out of state buyer who pays sales tax in their state and motor vehicle fees. I got that by adding freight and dealer prep as the site explained it. Now the ("discouont") price for a wr250r (also a yamaha) is $1800 more. Clearly those folks who bought the xt250 passed on the more expensive more comparable wr250 x or r model.

I would look at how much it costs for the dot version of that 350 which is supposed to be available now I think there are three of four variants one of which is supposed to be registerable. What is an out the door price on one of them exclusive of tax title but inclusive of freight, prep and conveyance fee.
  18. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

I still don't buy that they're going to be able to make this thing 98kg........110-115kg maybe.
    lankydoug likes this.
  19. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    If it was a 2t they'd be on to something... I agree it's not going to be light with a 4t engine.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    KTM is pretty good at making light bikes. We will see.