KTM 350 freeride 24hp / 218 pound playbike...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Oct 25, 2011.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    john01 likes this.
  2. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I followed that link for the ossa explorer. To counter that ktm would overbore a 200 two stroke and put it in a frame with similar torsional rigidity. Down size the forks and brakes etc and probably get to that weight if they wanted to. 350cc of clutch and gear oil?
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep I keep checking on the Ossa Explorer and the more I find the better I like. It's 163.14 lbs dry and has 13.38" of ground clearance with a 32.28" seat height. All of this with a 280cc FI 2-stroke! I'm 99% sure one will find it's way to my place.
    lankydoug likes this.
  4. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    If the Ossa FI pans out and there are no major problems with these bikes I would seriously like to own one of each. The three Ossas pretty much cover all my off road wants. The only thing about them that really has me worried is what the price tag might be.
  5. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    And parts availability??

I would love that explorer.... I mean LOVE IT!!

I would probably sleep on the couch for the first week I had it, with it parked right next to me...
  6. Norcalslowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

The Ossa explorer is bad ass. Love the KTM freeride too. I could see picking up one of these as a used bike in a couple years.